Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think the "Jimmy" here is James Davis, not Havoc, going by her other tweets on the subject.

Havoc is a dickhead but he hasn't been outed as an abuser (yet?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There we go then. oval office.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I legitimately can't parse any of her tweets about this at all. What is she saying he did?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently Riddle's accuser just got busted posting faked messages from his wife? Left the watermark from a free app for making fake conversations in a screenshot she posted before quickly deleting and replacing it with a cropped version.

Edit: disproven below

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 19, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah just to clarify this a bit...

The claim being made here is that this screenshot:
https://twitter.com/EliteArtistGFX1/status/1274015554437816328

...was in Candy's tweet originally, which she then deleted and posted this instead:
https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1274012311859183616

...cropping out both the number, and the Remove Ads button. This appears to be true, but the app she's using is just a free messaging app like WhatsApp or countless others. It's not a fake SMS creator. She cropped it to remove the phone number, not hide some evidence of faking she accidentally revealed.

Thanks for clearing that up! What the gently caress is wrong with people?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Horny posting is very gross but it feels like speaking up against it just gets you told to stop being a buzzkill or whatever.

Like I get we live in sex positive times and that's super cool but there's still a time and a place for discussions of all the different things that encompass it. Other people not wanting to hear about how much you love a particular wrestler's body parts doesn't make them the ones in the wrong, that's on you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

because jr is an ugly old man and people are predisposed to their prejudices with regards to certain types of uncouth behavior. see:
there is an idea that most people have, mostly subconscious, that "creepy guy" is a certain type of person and if you're not that type of person, it's all in good fun. it's probably similar how a ton of wrestlers justified it, in that they are considered "hot dudes" (or ladies) therefore they aren't the gross creeps out there making women uncomfortable, they're the ones women want to hit on them.

i'm guilty of this as i said before, in that i am good boy who is extremely pretty with good hair, so i thought it was okay for me to hornypost my real hornyfeelings because i am not what people would think of as a "creepy guy" if they knew me. but on the internet, i am just a 4 letter name with a roman reigns avatar that someone bought me years ago, posting about horniness or jerking off because i did standup for a brief period years ago and people laughed at it when i did it then.

No dude. It's creepy regardless of what you look like.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

i was not trying to be funny, that was a completely sincere post about how people tend to define "creepiness" in a certain way and illustrate how i myself was guilty of it. i was okay being creepy on the internet cause i know i am not a creepy guy, and i didn't really think it was making people actively uncomfortable. but, given the current sentiment, i am admitting i was wrong in how i acted.

No, dude. Making horny posts is a creepy thing to do. Doing creepy poo poo makes you a creep, regardless of whether you think you are or aren't one.

You literally just wrote "I was ok being creepy on the internet". You knew you were being creepy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

that's... what that post says too?

am i being gaslit

You keep saying "I know I'm not a creepy guy" except you clearly are by virtue of the fact you post creepy poo poo.

This is literally the kind of poo poo people say to justify the awful things they've been outed for ITT.

Edit:

I'm not gonna engage any further. Horny posting has bothered me for a while and it's put me off participating in threads more often than not. It's not fair of me to unload that irritation onto one particular poster I disagree with.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not gonna lie, it feels strangely relieving to see so many people come out and say that they also find the creepy bullshit too much.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eating my first and only probe in 16 years due to a mod fat-fingering the buttons in their haste to prove they suddenly give a poo poo about the way the community feels is pretty funny though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It genuinely seemed like he'd learned to not be an idiot on twitter, but it was clearly too good to be true.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

This almost feels like a separate topic, wrestling is an aesthetic business and something like assessing someone's haircut or ring gear or just general "X wrestler looks so much cuter now that they're clean shaven" doesn't feel out of bounds for discussion.

There's a huge gulf between "holy poo poo John Morrison is shredded, he has gotten in great shape" and "look at those cum gutters 😍😍😍😍"

One of these is fine and the other has absolutely no place being posted anywhere outside of some creepy fan twitter far far away where nobody ever has to read it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He retweeted someone saying something along the lines of "clearly he's (Human Tornado) just loving around why doesn't anyone else get it lol" too so who the gently caress knows what's going on.

If it's a 'joke' it's in the worst possible taste.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I seriously love my local indie (Journey Pro). They always book a wide range of wrestlers, feature progressive talent like the Gym Nasty Boys and Sarah Shockey. I asked them yesterday if they are going to continue to book Curt Stallion (who is a regular) going forward in light of the allegations and they said that they don't plan on booking anyone named in the allegations. I'm so happy to hear that.

Didn't Sarah Shockey get outed for something, or am I thinking of another famously-progressive-but-then-revealed-to-be-an-rear end in a top hat lady wrestling personality?

Edit: I was thinking of Stepstool Sarah

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 20, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crapple! posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Is not having separate changing rooms normal?

Reality Protester posted:

I've been to indy show where the dressing room is just a curtained off corner of whatever hall they were renting. it's not great but that's how it is. it's going to take a lot for change to trickle down to these smaller shows.

A lot of the time it's this, tiny rear end venues with little to no space so they make do with what they have and unfortunately it's making abusers' lives easier.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think you’re thinking of the ring announcer who tweeted slurs back in the day but does the inclusivity disclaimer now.

Yeah that sounds familiar.

VVVV- that's it. I got the Sarah part right at least! Edited my first post to avoid any potential false accusations.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 20, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As I understand it foreigners in Japan are expected to do dumbass poo poo so things get overlooked a lot pretty much everywhere (usually more minor social etiquette poo poo than sexual assault, I'll admit), but native Japanese people are supposed to know better.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sammy could have used literally hundreds of other words in that sentence to replace just that one and been fine, if not a little OTT in his enthusiasm for Sasha.

What a loving idiot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

Sammy made a "Sasha looks like a man" joke the other day so I'm not surprised.

In context it was actually a "Ricochet looks like a girl" joke but that's obviously not any better.

(Ricochet previously said something about how he looked like Sasha when he was younger so Sammy was riffing on that)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

gently caress every motherfucker who likes to cosplay old tyme gentleman crap with mustaches and stuff

What about the Butcher

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think the right thing was done by all parties involved, with the caveat that Sasha would also have been absolutely 100% in the right if she'd told him to go gently caress himself and shove his apology up his rear end.

Now let's see them address Justin Roberts correctly (which is to fire him imho).

Hager will skate because he wasn't named, unfortunately.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Colt thing doesn't feel like there's enough information to decide if that was Colt being lovely or if it was a promoter having ideas of their own after he mentioned liking the look of a girl.

Although if I remember correctly the post went on to say later on that the same promoter told her she looked really young for her age so if that's the look he's into then yikes maybe.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone already posted and deleted a "don't trust ZSJ's woke progressive persona" for whatever that's worth.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nvm

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Messy thread

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nvm

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Messy thread

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

drat that could outright kill them, what a shame since they're pretty much the only company that's had the right response from the jump.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

What was the Aleister stuff?

Nothing yet, other than sticking up for someone else implicated.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Teddy Hart was a known abusive piece of poo poo already and the fact he's even still around is a testament to how hosed up and tolerant of bullshit the industry is, to be honest.

The signs have always been there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm not gonna be buying a wardrobe of Sammy shirts any time soon but at the very least I won't feel sick to my stomach watching him work in the future.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RottenK posted:

obnoxious bro humour seems like a big improvement over whatever the gently caress kind of humor has one compliment a woman's appearance by saying that they'd rape her

Agreed but it's also tremendously hosed that that's where the bar has to be set.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like it should be pretty clear if you're apologising for two different rapes that your life has gone wrong somewhere, even more so when the apologies are within 24 hours of each other.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

After the ExposeWrestling twitter debacle and all the victims coming out to say these group accounts are all bullshit harvesting gossip I wouldn't trust poo poo that comes from any of these collective "exposing the truth" accounts, unless those known victims/faces who've been pushing the movement start re-tweeting and corroborating it as legit.

Smells too much like people trying to cash in on the movement for 'clout' or whatever the kids call it now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah, why is AEW dragging their feet about Justin Roberts, of all people? He's a ring announcer and they have another one who's better at it. Cut his rear end loose, coward biceps Tony.

Not that it remotely justifies keeping him if he’s a piece of poo poo, but who is the one that is better?

When Dasha does it she sounds like a late 90s text to speech app just mashing together phonemes and I find her announcing really jarring to listen to.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

I like Dasha's ring announcing, so I meant her. Brandi's not bad either but she clearly hates it and doesn't want to do it.

Each to their own I guess. To me the best way to describe it is she sounds the way I’d imagine someone who doesn’t speak English and has just been coached through approximating the words might sound. She hits every syllable super hard and super over-enunciated, almost like she’s trying too hard to talk.

It kind of reminds me of the announcer GCW use on their Japan shows except with the benefit of an actual PA instead of whatever they’ve slapped together in that tiny little hall they use.

This is not the ring announcer complaints thread though so it is what it is. They should address the Justin Roberts elephant in the room, potentially lovely backup announcers or not.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As much of a piece of poo poo as he is, I’d rather he got memory holed into obscurity than told what a piece of poo poo he is repeatedly and forcefully enough that he kills himself over it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lid posted:

More and more I'm seeing people say online bullying and harassment of people named in SpeakingOut is wrong. It's online bullying.

Mother fuckers

What did you think SpeakingOut was meant to accomplish?!

Probably the exposure of the named people with the aim of having them ostracised from the scene, to be honest.

Those aims can be achieved without having to harass people to death, as much as anyone may think they deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

There is a big difference between saying "Hey! Person X did a bad bad thing! Stop rewarding them for it!" or "Hey Person X, you did a bad bad thing! You should apologize for it, and feel bad!"
and
harrassing someone to death.

Yes I know that the lines can get blurred between the two at the edges, and that weaponized internet harrassment is a thing. But telling a rapist that they are a bad person, and shining light on their rapes is not that.

Absolutely there is, but the issue people are having is where do you draw the line between “You are tweeting at Person X calling them a piece of poo poo an appropriate amount” and “You have tweeted far too much at Person X calling them a piece of poo poo”

Is how close you’re allowed to push someone to suicidal ideation determined by how much of a piece of poo poo they are?

I’m not looking to defend anyone for any of the awful poo poo they’ve done because they absolutely don’t deserve to be defended, but on the other hand people feeling like their only way out is to harm themselves is also not acceptable.