Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/meowdyxyall/status/1273731321798541313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Myers asks consent beforehand. He once came to kiss me and while I consented (nodded) I didn't explicitly say I was ok with the kiss so he passed me up. I asked him about it after the show.

e: granted that doesn't mean he didn't obtain consent other times.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I just saw the thing about Cornette’s wife as well.... I feel like that’s the sort of thing that would have come out or been hinted at before, has it been?

Someone might want to check that old geocities/angelfire Filth List.

e: Maybe Jim's wife is the rat that Jericho and Lance wouldn't gently caress.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's lots of types of chasers. What type of chaser is he?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Does the chaser thing just mean what it sounds like because I’m totally in the woods if it’s not the obvious

A chaser is someone who chases after the types of people they fetishize, yeah.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If the mods thought that post wasn't worth taking action on then maybe we need new mods.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Quit trying to post through this cams.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Reality Protester posted:

What's the story with 321 battle? They are localish to me and google is being unhelpful beyond Steve West got fired.

Here's a portion of what I DMed to Bix when it was all going on. Keep in mind that this is a really complicated situation where people went out of their way to obfuscate everything because it implicated a lot of people. Recently wrestlers who worked for 3-2-1 revealed they aren't sure what went on or to what extent.

quote:

Local Seattle promotion (2nd biggest) had a wrestler and manager accused of rape. Steve West - the owner - was accused by two women. I do not know which wrestler was accused. There's not a lot info out there because the victims don't want to be identified.

there is also someone saying they informed members of the locker room and were basically bullied for mentioning it.

3-2-1 has said it has removed all responsibilities and such from Steve West. People (this is twitter people so take with grain of salt) looked up the LLC paperwork and found out both that the LLC is not registered with the state and that Steve West's name is the only name on it.

That's the basic gist. It was discovered after I sent that message that the management had known for months and had done nothing. It led to the entire promotion falling apart.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

i really hope we get some old school guys sniffed out because of this. there's an old promo where Ric Flair talks about the Rock and Roll Express loving preteens and he gives Ricky Morton a training bra

I can't even imagine the sort of poo poo that went on back then

From the latest observer:

quote:

There are different aspects of this, ranging from aggressive hitting on women, using power for sex, sex with underage girls which in a different era was considered one of the fringe benefits during the heyday of territorial wrestling. There was even a phrase that was used when wrestlers weren’t paid well but how the benefits of being a star on television gave access to women that working at a regular job wouldn’t give you. Some promoters hated this because they felt it gave wrestling a bad name and looked the other way, and some outright told talent to lay off because it could hurt the business. Others used it as a lure to get and keep wrestles working for them while not paying them well.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

e: image in case he deletes

TTBF fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 21, 2020

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

LionYeti posted:

Its amazing how many people don't make thier likes private

Not only is it not an option but Twitter will shove your likes onto other people's timelines without your (or their) permission.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is a good apology for his statements but has he addressed the underage waitress he is accused of harassing? Because that's extremely not something you can explain away with 'I was edgy' whether it was four years ago or forty.

Hopkins FBI posted:

Yeah, I feel like I'm going crazy reading all the posts forgiving him when he's been accused of that as well.

Is there anything out there about it aside from that tweet which was "don't forget that time he harassed a waitress" with no accompanying info?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pages back because this thread has 200+ posts every time I look at it but I believe there were details of her being underage and him forcibly pushing her against a car outside the restaurant, which is as much detail as we have for many of these accusations.

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's not even acknowledged by anyone (especially Sammy).

Yeah, that's more hosed up than what I'd heard/seen and should be addressed.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/biboyparm/status/1275864199810310144?s=21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Censoring gently caress when he says it all the time on WOR has always bugged me.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Would you be willing to just gently caress off in general?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I would think he's friendly with Cornette

They had a falling out because Cornette couldn't handle Kenny Omega being one of Dave's favorite wrestlers. A multiple decade long friendship ended because Omega once fought a child lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1296984106602041345

Jesus Dave