Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Literally A Person posted:

Building my own rocket to the moon to collect all of the moon boron before THE COMMIES can get to it. That boron belongs to America, drat it. I don't want no red gettin' my boron, no sir.
THE COMMIES dumped all their boron on the Chernobyl reactor after the core exploded. That's why they wanted ours so badly. The Cold War was really about boron and when the Soviet Union couldn't get more they collapsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

THE COMMIES dumped all their boron on the Chernobyl reactor after the core exploded. That's why they wanted ours so badly. The Cold War was really about boron and when the Soviet Union couldn't get more they collapsed.

:ohdear:

What can we do??? WHAT CAN WE DOOOO!!!!???

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m kinda worried about ops boron levels. He hasn’t posted in 3 days.

Come back op, we’re all just joshing

Burt Sexual posted:

Any goon serious post Itt gets a six. (Sponsored by boron)

He may find these directives contradictory. He's dead serious about boron.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Why isn't Elon Musk afraid of the virus?
Well, what's his tunnel company named? THE BORING COMPANY.
Very clever, Elon, no one (until now) had figured out that it's actually THE BORON COMPANY.
And what's the only product they've ever actually made? FLAMETHROWERS!

And what do you do with flamethrowers? That's right, you KILL BEES!
And what do bees give us? BORON!
My god, it's all so clear. Elon is trying to keep the boron out of the hands of normal people like us by having his supporters torch beehives, so that he can gather up all the world's boron and take it to Mars!
(I still haven't figured out where his kid's name fits into all this. Is "X Æ A-12" a chemical formula for a boron compound????)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

in japan they extract all the boron they need from sustainably farmed seaweed and solar power

but you don't know about that because Big Boron is keeping the USA addicted to cheap boron

Aug 2, 2000

Please share this image on social media, it could save our country.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Please share this image on social media, it could save our country.

God I wish GBS had sigs turned on...

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the cosmic itch... has been scratched. I bet theres a guy out there who has posters of this dude still up in his room.

its not me ok so don't even think about it jerks

edit; US Boron Force gang tag when

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Jay Leno/Smurfs crossover?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

In high school I had to choose an element to do a presentation on. I chose boron because of Freakazoid. Thanks for reading my boron story. Boron, it's great!

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Boron is just misdirection. Forsythia is where we should be focusing all of our efforts.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I have a friend that always used to joke he wishes he could cum bees but for real that’d be hella useful right now.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Oswald Kesselpot posted:

Boron is just misdirection. Forsythia is where we should be focusing all of our efforts.

It's nice you have a pet name for your dick, but it is not an element.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh god, my dad has been pushing the boron miracle cure poo poo on anyone who will listen for the past 4 or 5 years. he and my mom both put borax, the cleaning product, in their water and drink it every day to "treat [their] boron deficiency". it's really weird. so far my dad has claimed it cured all sorts of ailments that he never even mentioned having before he started drinking borax, like arthritis. he also claims it makes him feel younger. there's really no end to what he'll attribute to boron. for example, he had a very high score on a calcium test recently, which generally indicates a lot of arterial buildup (in short, atherosclerosis/heart disease), which he brushed off as a harmless side effect of taking boron. in fact, he even claimed it was good... something about the high calcium in his bloodwork meant that the boron was cleaning his arterial walls and shedding it into his bloodstream, so it's actually evidence of healing. he also claimed that he had a "tooth split" where one of his molars fractured due to new growth of some kind in the middle causing the tooth to split and that his dentist had "never seen anything like it". clearly a sign of boron at work! the only thing he won't attribute to it are the new GI/inflammation issues he's been having in the past few years. he can't think of any reason why drinking powdered floor cleaner might be related.

my dad isn't exactly stupid, but he's definitely an idiot. he's got a phd (physics), but he believes climate change is a hoax. he believes that coronavirus is simultaneously a hoax, a man-made virus, and that he already had it in early december when he got sick during flu season. anyway, i tried to figure out whether there was anything to his boron craze when it started, and he linked me a few articles. as far as i could tell back then, they all traced back to a single sketchy paper by an australian doctor. i wasn't able to uncover any large body of evidence or followups. that doesn't necessarily mean that boron deficiency isn't a real issue or that supplementing it could help with some conditions, but the leap of faith required to go from that paper to drinking floor cleaner is too much for me.

i haven't followed up with the science at all in recent years. who knows, maybe there's something to it. maybe someone will win a nobel prize for proving that we all need to supplement boron someday. but for now, i'm sticking with my leading indicator, which is that the more my dad posts about something on nextdoor, the less likely it is to be true.

welp, that's my boron story for this dying gay forum.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 25, 2020

Aug 2, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

Holy poo poo
Thank you for this story which is a perfect fit for this thread. Please tell your father that he is now an official member of the US BORON FORCE. The Boron Truther community shall continue to prosper and grow. The denialists and vanadium pushers can not stop us.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

oh god, my dad has been pushing the boron miracle cure poo poo on anyone who will listen for the past 4 or 5 years. he and my mom both put borax, the cleaning product, in their water and drink it every day to "treat [their] boron deficiency". it's really weird. so far my dad has claimed it cured all sorts of ailments that he never even mentioned having before he started drinking borax, like arthritis. he also claims it makes him feel younger. there's really no end to what he'll attribute to boron. for example, he had a very high score on a calcium test recently, which generally indicates a lot of arterial buildup (in short, atherosclerosis/heart disease), which he brushed off as a harmless side effect of taking boron. in fact, he even claimed it was good... something about the high calcium in his bloodwork meant that the boron was cleaning his arterial walls and shedding it into his bloodstream, so it's actually evidence of healing. he also claimed that he had a "tooth split" where one of his molars fractured due to new growth of some kind in the middle causing the tooth to split and that his dentist had "never seen anything like it". clearly a sign of boron at work! the only thing he won't attribute to it are the new GI/inflammation issues he's been having in the past few years. he can't think of any reason why drinking powdered floor cleaner might be related.

my dad isn't exactly stupid, but he's definitely an idiot. he's got a phd (physics), but he believes climate change is a hoax. he believes that coronavirus is simultaneously a hoax, a man-made virus, and that he already had it in early december when he got sick during flu season. anyway, i tried to figure out whether there was anything to his boron craze when it started, and he linked me a few articles. as far as i could tell back then, they all traced back to a single sketchy paper by an australian doctor. i wasn't able to uncover any large body of evidence or followups. that doesn't necessarily mean that boron deficiency isn't a real issue or that supplementing it could help with some conditions, but the leap of faith required to go from that paper to drinking floor cleaner is too much for me.

i haven't followed up with the science at all in recent years. who knows, maybe there's something to it. maybe someone will win a nobel prize for proving that we all need to supplement boron someday. but for now, i'm sticking with my leading indicator, which is that the more my dad posts about something on nextdoor, the less likely it is to be true.

welp, that's my boron story for this dying gay forum.

Borax isn't just a cleaning product, friend! It can be a flux, a fire retardant, or even an insecticide. It also has a long history of being put in the mouth. It's infinitely flexible!

.... I mean, people did stop eating it in a good chunk of the world. I guess Big Pharma decided it's a bad idea. But they used to!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

Real life boronics

:stonklol:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

oh man I miss them lego boronicals. one of my favorite tv shows of all time, hand down.

"you'll never get my boron!" heh. simpler times

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Studied quantum borotics in grad school but just couldn't find work.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Did you know Lysol used to be marketed as a douching product? Also as an abortifacient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Guys president A Fancy Hat has caught wind of this and released the following statement:

A Fancy Hat posted:

What the hell do you have to lose? That's my.... that's the thing. We've all heard of boron, or borax is the company name, the product name. They put it on the shelves, you look at it, and you think "This looks like something else I used to use, something that made me feel incredible." So maybe you grab some borax, maybe you use the terrific little razor to cut it into lines, and then you smell it. Stop and smell the flowers but, in this case? The flowers are the borax.

And listen, LISTEN. Doctors have been using this stuff for decades, it's incredible, it fights the fungus. You get the fungus, you put the boron on it, the borax? And then the fungus is gone? And the covid is, I suppose, a kind of fungus. Although it's one that you can't see, can't touch, and can't even smell. So you look at borax, you see what it does, and the risk of it being bad is so small. So incredibly small. So I think.... you gotta take it. And here's... there's another thing. You take the borax, maybe you die. But then you didn't die from the china.... from the Chinese virus. So that makes the numbers look so much better. A lot better. So don't.... I'm not saying to do it, but I'm saying what the hell do you have to lose.

I'm taking the boron right now, in fact, I've been doing it for 3 months now, it's amazing. It hasn't affected me at all. From the negative, I mean, you.... no brain effects. My brain is doing incredible right now. You can ask him yourself.