Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 21, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I understood the concept of time dilation when I first read Forever War but the way it showed the effects blew my mind. Soldiers go to war in space and experience such little time that they've barely aged when they return to Earth, which is a practically a whole new planet (culturally, economically, and technologically). They return to the war with what they think is superior technology and arrive to meet an enemy who has even better technology! And imagine a contract of like.. 5 years that's done in relative time instead of time you've actually experienced. That poo poo is hosed.

It's a good book, y'all should read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU