Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The_Continental posted:

This thread is joyless because these stories are exceedingly rare.

I wish I had one.

Heck, same. I'd buy an orange Lambo and wreck it on the same day for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

The_Continental posted:

This thread is joyless because these stories are exceedingly rare.

I wish I had one.

So rare that I literally don't believe any of them that say they knew someone that won big on a lottery or scratch tickets.
I do not believe you

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

So rare that I literally don't believe any of them that say they knew someone that won big on a lottery or scratch tickets.
I do not believe you

Why? There are tons of lottery jackpot winners, typically multiple in every state per month.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

Why? There are tons of lottery jackpot winners, typically multiple in every state per month.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Fame Douglas posted:

Odds
There are just a few hundred eyes on this thread
I'm talking jackpots, there aren't tons lol

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

Odds
There are just a few hundred eyes on this thread
I'm talking jackpots, there aren't tons lol

There absolutely are, doesn't pretty much every state have multiple lotteries that usually draw numbers multiple times per week?

Would make sense that out of a large population, a few would know lottery winners.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fame Douglas posted:

There absolutely are, doesn't pretty much every state have multiple lotteries that usually draw numbers multiple times per week?

Would make sense that out of a large population, a few would know lottery winners.

We are going to have to agree to disagree

Odds
People lie about gambling, massively

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

We are going to have to agree to disagree

Odds
People lie about gambling, massively

Of course people lie (and lol if you believe anything a goon writes), but there are also plenty lottery winners out there. That's simply a fact.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fame Douglas posted:

Of course people lie, but there are also plenty lottery winners out there. That's simply a fact.

Another fact is a few hundred eyes on this thread should not produce multiple people who know JACKPOT winners

Edit
Or even ONE

Spinz fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 22, 2020

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I got a postgraduate degree in accounting and never bought lottery tickets because I was smarter than the trailer park people and knew the math and how much better it would be to put that $2 into an index fund.

Now I'm 10 years into an accounting career and buy fucktons of lottery tickets.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Gobblecoque posted:

I've never bought a lottery ticket but if you've never thought about how nice it would be to never have to work or worry about money ever again then you're already one of the lucky ones.
Nah, I mean I do think that would be nice, but it's not *fun* to think about, it's just like a simple observation that obviously that would be a nice quality of life improvement.

I'm pretty sure when people say it's fun to think about what they'd do with a jackpot win, it's because they're imagining blowing most of it on stupid poo poo.

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 23, 2020

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Are you an 18 years old rationalist? Didn't realize I was posting on a childrens' forum.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

vaginite posted:

I got a postgraduate degree in accounting and never bought lottery tickets because I was smarter than the trailer park people and knew the math and how much better it would be to put that $2 into an index fund.

Now I'm 10 years into an accounting career and buy fucktons of lottery tickets.

I told my friend that I owe money on my taxes this time around, and he recommended his "tax guy" who is supposedly a CPA and has turned my friend's tax burdens into refunds each year for only a ~150 fee. Should I play the lottery and hope that whatever this guy is doing is not illegal as gently caress

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Fame Douglas posted:

Are you an 18 years old rationalist? Didn't realize I was posting on a childrens' forum.
Sorry I hurt you with my description of people who are bad at money.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

roomforthetuna posted:

Sorry I hurt you with my description of people who are bad at money.

Sorry that instead of posting funny lottery stories you were annoying people with your tales of personal superiority. Who gives a gently caress

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 23, 2020

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

Sorry that instead of posting funny lottery stories you were annoying people with your tales of personal superiority. Who gives a gently caress
Post your funny lottery story already! Why are you hinting at it so heavily but never posting it! Do you really need someone to ask you for it?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I told my friend that I owe money on my taxes this time around, and he recommended his "tax guy" who is supposedly a CPA and has turned my friend's tax burdens into refunds each year for only a ~150 fee. Should I play the lottery and hope that whatever this guy is doing is not illegal as gently caress

You don’t need a cpa to do tax fraud you can do it yourself for free. The irs isn’t gonna send one of the 4 guys the tea party left them budget for after you.

If you’re serious I don’t gently caress with individual taxes enough to feel good giving advice I do auditing and corporate/partnership tax stuff and it’s a completely different world. The dude who runs this thread knows his poo poo: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394641

Also I don’t know a cpa in the world that would pee on you for $150.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

vaginite posted:

You don’t need a cpa to do tax fraud you can do it yourself for free. The irs isn’t gonna send one of the 4 guys the tea party left them budget for after you.

If you’re serious I don’t gently caress with individual taxes enough to feel good giving advice I do auditing and corporate/partnership tax stuff and it’s a completely different world. The dude who runs this thread knows his poo poo: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394641

Also I don’t know a cpa in the world that would pee on you for $150.

Yeah, I was jk. I'm using that 150 to buy lottery tickets

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My dad won the Fantasy 5 in Florida but so did like 10 other people so it turned out to be like the lowest Fantasy 5 payout in history. It was still like $20k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Old man wins $5 million in 2016. Continues to buy tickets. Hits upon another $1 million windfall on June 20th.

David O’Brien may be the luckiest man in B.C. right now.

Winning a major lottery prize is but a dream for many, and that dream has come true for the Burnaby man not once, but twice.

O’Brien won $5 million playing Lotto 6/49 on May 4, 2016.

On June 20, he also won $1 million in the Lotto 6/49 draw on June 20, after buying a ticket at a 7-Eleven store on Kingsway Street in Burnaby,

O’Brien said he has played Lotto 6/49 for as long as he can remember.

In a news release, he said his wife did not believe him when he told her about the second win.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7136489/b-c-man-wins-lottery-twice/