Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Seraphic Neoman posted:

I mean she's almost certainly up to something, she's way too friendly with our protag.

They had a conversation about that very issue, pick your poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Interestingly, this still doesn't explain why Chiemi was so adamantly trying to keep him from eating or drinking the local fare. I mean, yes, we hear the mention of a "feast", but even if the idea was to avoid having him eat other humans, that wouldn't apply to tea. And if they've got a werewolf doing the killing, there's no need to drug him.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

OutofSight posted:

So one part of the game title stands for Haruaki's "looping" of the event like the guy from groundhog day?
Does the character know the day repeats or are those "parallel universes" like Virtue's Last Reward"?

We'll presumably see when using the key, I assume in the next update.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I was banking on that last one being the actual answer (or as close as you can get without the key). Was not expecting her reasoning. Well, except for the wolf part. We know she's not kidding about that one...

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The part where it's actually happening and people (who they've mostly known all their lives and are related to in several cases) are actually going to die tends to throw the pure logic game for a loop. Especially since at this stage it seems like a bunch of the younger folks think this is all just a bunch of superstition.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

whitehelm posted:

Speaking of Chiemi....

Why does she say the 4 guardian animals are dangerous here, even before mentioning wolves? I guess she could've actually been talking about the 4 head families who are each represented by an animal, but the wolf mention makes it seem like she's talking about the game.

And this update we see why - the wolves are also a type of guardian. Or were. So she could still be talking about Kamifujiyoshi, where the wolves are still worshipped.

Or she might have known about the Feast.

Rarity posted:

The way they explained the rules makes it sound like the Doctor can't protect the same person every night which is the common rule used to block the Follow The Cop strat

I think that just means that the spider's protection elapses after one night, not that they can only pick that person once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Just remember these are random villagers (with family ties, etc), not people who've played hundreds of forum games of Werewolf. And lives are actually at stake. That means play will quite possibly be non-optimal.