Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I always thought Kemco just made mediocre phone JRPGs, but this looks pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
For the record, I actually do like some Kemco RPGs. They're not amazing or anything, but they can have some neat ideas in terms of gameplay or writing occasionally.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
oh, my vote is for You'd feel guilty if you let me die because I agree with BlazeDragon.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, does anyone have some sort of list of the characters from most to least suspicious, in their opinion?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Are we gonna have a Virtue's Last Reward-esque plot map/tree so we can jump to specific points?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait the sheep said that we'd have to start from the very beginning. Don't tell me that means that we've gotta redo all the scenes?

This is why VLR let you skip to any point you had previously visited!

I mean, our illustrious host is surely going to skip ahead to the important part, but that seems like it would take a while.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

:shepicide:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Guys. It's not an actual game of Werewolf. It's just a motif. Danganronpa isn't actual about actual legal trials.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

bewilderment posted:

Without spoilers, the 'rules' of the game actually make it extremely close to a game of Werewolf.

As noted though, the difference is that in a traditional game of Werewolf, you'd consider it a 'town win' if you died but the town overall survived and so you might intentionally sacrifice yourself to prove a logical point. That's less likely to occur here.

I bought the game myself, so this LP can consider it a seller. I'm only up to 'day 3' myself.

As noted, despite the group's misgivings, the Follow the Cop strategy that was put forward - Cop reveals on day 1, Doctor protects the Cop, nobody is lynched without the Cop's say so - is actually optimal if the werewolves have no special powers, with the only strong counterstrategy in a 'normal' game being trying to convince the townsfolk that actually someone else is the Cop.

What I meant by that post was that this isn't just about who's a wolf and who's not. There's, you know, other mysteries. Like Haruaki's evasive past, and any hidden family drama, and actual plot stuff.

Ehh, in this kind of story, leaving (or trying to leave) = death. But dying could get us a Key!

Let's try and Leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't have the cash to buy this so I'm still definitely watching/reading.