Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

I'm thinking about getting into astrology, does anyone have suggestions on which resources to draw from, ways to determine rising/falling sign, good deals on candles etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBeBAVlPXlo

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:gas:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hamtaro posted:

does anyone have suggestions on which resources to draw from
have you tried your butt

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lmao did everybody see what I said?

I said "have you tried your butt" lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Cubone posted:

lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg7F5j29tHU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Cubone posted:

lol i saw nice one dude

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its a libra thing you wouldnt understand :rolleyes:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cubone posted:

classic Aries move

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I’m a Leo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

its a libra thing you wouldnt understand :rolleyes:

We libras operate on a different “scale” :D

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

hamtaro posted:

I'm thinking about getting into astrology, does anyone have suggestions on which resources to draw from, ways to determine rising/falling sign, good deals on candles etc

Grant Lewi
Heaven Can Wait is the only book you need

If you are serious I know all about astrology; my first boyfriends parents were fanatics so I read voraciously every time I was at their trailer out of boredom

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's all bullshit oc, but I used the knowledge later to cold read the business men at the bar and guess their signs much more than chance would have and made hundreds more in tips.

I cast a chart for 50 bucks once. People seem to fit their sign but oc it's confirmation bias

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
The Torah, The Hekhalot, The Sefer Yetzira, The Bahir, The Zohar.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cubone posted:

Yeah it’s eat a big juicy butt op, that’s just how people with different birthdays have to do it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Just to confirm, if I want to learn about astrology I need to look in OP's butt?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hedrigall posted:

I’m a Leo

checks out

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I miss Mithra6

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hate astrology, cut off

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

We libras operate on a different “scale” :D

as someone with a libra scale tattoo I get this reference and joke and I'm laughing at it and myself heartily

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

astrology is fun and harmless and more people should like it, anybody who says otherwise is probably a dawkins liker and deserves a bullet to the head

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I. M. Gei posted:

astrology is fun and harmless and more people should like it, anybody who says otherwise is probably a dawkins liker and deserves a bullet to the head

Lol if you knew anyone who takes it seriously and literally makes life decisions based on charts. Even all the people who "don't take it seriously" half the time just use that to feel less ashamed about it while they go off basing their dating lives around it and excusing their godawful behavior and personality flaws because they're a Taurus or something.

Like imo it's far more honest to just say "I'm a stubborn rear end in a top hat with no desire to change it or treat others with a modicum of respect" than this coded phooey.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What’s more obnoxious, people who base their lives around their star sign or people who base their lives around a Hogwarts house

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just make it up, everybody else does

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
What controls which stars we see?
Planetary tilt

What else does planetary tilt control?
Seasons

What does planetary tilt control, through the seasons?
Conditions like temperature, pollen count, length of days/nights, rainfall (negative ions), and so

Why is that important?
Variations in environment can have effect on developing psyches. Depending on when people are born, they'll have a different environment parameters at the same stage of development.

And so....
Star positions are tied with personality traits

Checkmate normies

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Inverted Icon posted:

Planetary tilt

Seasons

Conditions like temperature, pollen count, length of days/nights, rainfall (negative ions), and so

Why is that important?
Variations in environment can have effect on developing psyches. Depending on when people are born, they'll have a different environment parameters at the same stage of development.

And so....

Checkmate normies

Yeah but how much alcohol/caffeine/soft cheese/raw egg/hard drugs your mother consumed while you were a fetus probably plays a much bigger part

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

as someone with a libra scale tattoo I get this reference and joke and I'm laughing at it and myself heartily

Thanks for “weighing” in!

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah but how much alcohol/caffeine/soft cheese/raw egg/hard drugs your mother consumed while you were a fetus probably plays a much bigger part

The consumption and environments of the mother are also seasonally effected. In winter, there is more second hand smoke from candles and hearths. More background alcohol and raw egg in foods like fruitcake and eggnog. More coffee, more rich and/pr preserved foods. Et cetera.

What month (star) the baby is born (under) is shorthand for which month/trimester in which they were exposed to these factors while in gestation

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Are all the personality traits of each star sign the opposite in the Southern Hemisphere then

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Inverted Icon posted:

The consumption and environments of the mother are also seasonally effected. In winter, there is more second hand smoke from candles and hearths. More background alcohol and raw egg in foods like fruitcake and eggnog. More coffee, more rich and/pr preserved foods. Et cetera.

What month (star) the baby is born (under) is shorthand for which month/trimester in which they were exposed to these factors while in gestation

What if the mother consumes the baby

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Does this kill the child?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Inverted Icon posted:

Planetary tilt

Seasons

Why is that important?

And so....

Checkmate normies

what if I was conceived on the moon and raised on the ISS

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Like seriously, if the personality traits associated with say sagittarius are actually due to seasonal conditions for babies born at that time of year and conceived 9 months earlier,

Then what about when the seasonal conditions are the exact opposite that time of year in the Southern Hemisphere?

You have to concede that the Southern Hemisphere baby would then display the traits of a star sign 6 months removed from its birth sign

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It’s all bupkis

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Hedrigall posted:

Are all the personality traits of each star sign the opposite in the Southern Hemisphere then

Yes

E: there's probably variation even between temperate zones

Inverted Icon fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 22, 2020

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Big Beef City posted:

what if I was conceived on the moon and raised on the ISS

That would show itself in your personality

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bupkisssss

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Does this kill the child?

Have you ever heard of the cult of dionysis??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Op is definitely a virgo lol