Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019
Poopchute, Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They should rename it THE Ohio State Capital City, Ohio.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
guy fieri is no poo poo one one America's few great public philanthropists and people prefer to hate him for his goofball hairstyle instead of honoring him for all the money he raises for special needs kids and out of work restaurant workers. Plus he feeds firefighters and marries same sex couples.

A lot of his restaurants are still crap tho

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

signed it

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GORDON posted:

They should rename it THE Ohio State Capital City, Ohio.

oh please god no there's enough of this on the radio as it is

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Whats going on with Columbus' urban borders?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Rename it to something everyone loves: Titty City.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The_Continental posted:

probably annexation of postwar suburbs to increase the tax base

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

and a heck lotta redlining

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

sudonim posted:

guy fieri is no poo poo one one America's few great public philanthropists and people prefer to hate him for his goofball hairstyle instead of honoring him for all the money he raises for special needs kids and out of work restaurant workers. Plus he feeds firefighters and marries same sex couples.

A lot of his restaurants are still crap tho

quote:

"You have to protect Guy from all of his poop jokes," Page says. "Anytime any woman mentioned 'cream,' Guy went into a sexual riff. When cutting the show, you had to tell the editors to watch Guy's eye line, because it's always on breasts."

Fieri also needed protection from homosexuals, or at least advance warning. Early in the show's run, Page got a phone call from Fieri, who'd just walked out of a restaurant in a huff. "Guy had decided that the two men running the restaurant were life partners," Page remembers. "He said, 'You can't send me to talk to gay people without warning! Those people weird me out!'"

"[Fieri's team] were demanding tremendous research from my people, and pictures, but they didn't want to pay for them," Page says. "Guy said to me: 'You know, it's true: Jews are cheap.'"

Such a loveable guy, people just hate that goofball hairstyle!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

To be fair 99% of chefs that I know can't help themselves if someone mentions cream, or when there is a sausage delivery, or someone is beating meat with a wooden mallet, or if there is a pair of something.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DiabloNachos posted:

It's Fieri's home town?

Name it Doucheberg

prepare to eat a knuckle sandwich loser!!!! with extra donkey sauce!!!!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ohio State loving Sucks, Ohio seems like the perfect replacement and I know this because I live here.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The_Continental posted:

gerrymandering. all those little tentacles coming out either hold large red populations to offset the blue in the city or hold spill over blue so there is only one blue county. or if ohio is a blue state ( LOL) the tentacles are offsetting a red population county.

i know ohio is a swing state but blue wins in ohio are by <5 points and red are won by 5-10 points.

snergle fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 23, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my province is the highly problematic BRITISH COLUMBIA lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Devils Affricate posted:

How about Sonic&knucklesville

Got my vote

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Cum Explosion Towne

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DiabloNachos posted:

It's Fieri's home town?

Name it Doucheberg

ey whoa gently caress you pal

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

They're going rename our Denver suburb of Stapleton (also the name of the old airport that used to be there) cause apparently we all conveniently ignored the fact that it was named after our mayor who was a proud member of the KKK. Though these days, they should probably change the whole state name to White Privilege: The State.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Biohazard posted:

They're going rename our Denver suburb of Stapleton (also the name of the old airport that used to be there) cause apparently we all conveniently ignored the fact that it was named after our mayor who was a proud member of the KKK. Though these days, they should probably change the whole state name to White Privilege: The State.

they weren't going to initially, because they had a landowner only vote on whether or not to do so. more land = more votes

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what are they gonna rename it to?

Did they give choices or a fill in the blank write in on the ballot? I'm only half-joking, that'd be sorta fun

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

TheAardvark posted:

they weren't going to initially, because they had a landowner only vote on whether or not to do so. more land = more votes

lol
Wowwwwww. That is some pretty awful poo poo. Nothing hosed up about that in a city with a rampant racial-economic divide!

Big Beef City posted:

what are they gonna rename it to?

Did they give choices or a fill in the blank write in on the ballot? I'm only half-joking, that'd be sorta fun
I think all they've decided thus far is that they're going to rename it. It took massive protests to make them rethink their stance I guess.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i think the vote was just to rename it period, and the voting mechanic was "how many signs/advertisements will you have to change" because Money Is The Only Thing That Matters

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

TheAardvark posted:

i think the vote was just to rename it period, and the voting mechanic was "how many signs/advertisements will you have to change" because Money Is The Only Thing That Matters

Hell, if they want to save costs, having a bunch of “Chris” stickers printed up would be pretty drat cheap. I don’t think that dude was in the KKK.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

numberoneposter posted:

my province is the highly problematic BRITISH COLUMBIA lol

Check out this picture of Columbia riding an alligator.

Too bad she's named for Columbus.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Wanted By Weed posted:

hi I'm the one poster from Ohio who feels the name should be changed but not to Flavortown.
Columbus was actually called "Franklinton" when it was founded, named for Benjamin Franklin.
It is worth noting that while Franklin did initially own, sell and allow the trade of slaves on his property, in his later years he changed his ways and became an ardent abolitionist.
why not change it to that?

:hmmyes:

Columbus -> Franklin FUCKS

And while it's not in Ohio can we rename Fort Wayne in Indiana to Wayne's Forty?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Gushing Granny, OH

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
As someone who lives within driving distance of Columbus gently caress Columbus yeah that's a pretty good name

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Who What Now posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

You know what the say about the coocoo clock. You can wind the bird twinst half past the hour, but that isn't worth two goose eggs to a Flemish man.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

snergle posted:

gerrymandering. all those little tentacles coming out either hold large red populations to offset the blue in the city or hold spill over blue so there is only one blue county. or if ohio is a blue state ( LOL) the tentacles are offsetting a red population county.

i know ohio is a swing state but blue wins in ohio are by <5 points and red are won by 5-10 points.

voting districts don't have to match city boundaries, other than for the city council itself

AFAIK city boundaries are all crazy like that in places where the smaller community votes whether or not to join the city, versus being more uniform in places where the city or state can just annex things.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Biohazard posted:

Hope you enjoy living in Trump, Denver.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Signed.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Xaintrailles posted:

Hope you enjoy living in Trump, Denver.

Nah, luckily the whole city is pretty blue. Most of the state at this point. We're the kind of self congratulatory white liberals who pat ourselves on the back cause "we're the good guys" while silently ignoring the extreme wealth disparity between white people and people color. Which I guess is most US cities these days.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
They should rename it Columbus, Ohio. That'd really gently caress with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloNachos
Apr 10, 2020
How about

Columbus did nothing wrong, Ohio