Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

Whenever I hear people talk about "competitive" smash all that poo poo sounds way harder than what you have to do in 2D fighters, but I guess I'm biased.

King of Fighters might be my new favorite game now that I kind of understand how it works in the neutral side of things. Had some games with dinosaurjerk and Evil Eagle this week. On sale! Buy it!

i short hop way too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

Yeah I had that problem for a while too which is understandable since it's such a novel feature of KoF. Honestly, the best advice I ever got from someone about neutral is to backdash. Backdash a lot. Not so much that you corner yourself, but giving up space isn't as huge a deal in KoF as it is in say Street Fighter since you also have a fast forward dash.

i definitely dont dash enough in general in any game that has it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the reason i decided to move over to more modern fgs is because i gave up on playing my favourites online (kof98 and 3rd strike) because you only meet savants that have been playing non-stop for 22 years

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

had my first perfect disconnect in sfv and it felt good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id dont know why i bought tekken 7... its now the 7th tekken game ive played that i dont understand

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

IZI is the only tournament I recognize

too bad its run by a nazi that spends all day posting on kiwifarms doxxing the beautiful trans woman of c-spam

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my first stick turned up today (hori rap 4) and I've discovered how fun zangief is for the first time in my life

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

thought there would be some injustice 3 or mk news at the dc thing yesterday

who cares

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no news about the stiff dial a combo fighters with a block button is good news

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

they’re good and they have great single player

this is deranged

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

for some reason, literally any time that someone makes a joke like "i'm going to take a sword to sega for this!" it gets reported and the admins check in but nobody has complained once about lyle's daily "i'm going to murder you irl" posts since he got the pickle rick avatar.

its because hes pickle rick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its an injustice 2 gaming if you dont play the best fighter of all time. with a block button, run button and dial a combos, making superman rear end gently caress batman to death has never been more accessible, rated T for teen

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Holy gently caress. Leave some hole for the rest of us to blow out, bro.

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

My PC is broken and i would only be able to play on a macbook air keyboard. i dont fuckin emulate outside of raspberry pi and i'm not going to spend my evening getting it set up

this is embarrassing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

i'll play on my keyboard

you could connect your playstation controller to the laptop and use that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

john romero is going to make a lot of excuses

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

putting the the triplets to bed, then pushing my swollen nuts forward before sitting on the recliner and booting up mk11

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

I’m up and running bitch when you free this week? I’m open except for Tuesday and Thursday night.

Kongming posted:

Pick a game and I can do it tonight if you want.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo9ecrDB5jU

meet me in fightcade troles. no way you can withstand my bunnyhop pressure.

edit: rom isn't loading. need 5-8 days to run clrmamepro. and also i can only play between 8 pm and 12 am cst (croatian standard time) on weeknights

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

John Romero posted:

you challenge me you work on my schedule motherfucker wed night lets go EDT

MK3

you picked a game with infinites against kongming lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

remembering the mk izi and lolling

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anime fighters are now proven to be the greatest games of all time as there were 0 rounds to say otherwise

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

hes robot scorpion

i thought scorpion is robot scorpion in umk3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i still cant believe the 9 hit 41% combo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

Kabal can do poo poo that's like 80% but it's character specific so I wasn't going to learn stuff I wasn't sure was going to work.

lol jesus christ

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

You could probably learn it with an arcade stick in your lap watching the videos.

thats actually not a bad idea

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i balance out absolutely reamed in 3s by going to the ST lobby and tearing open the assholes of the arthritic elderly players there with hondas fat chode

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i started to really appreciate charge characters once i realised my execution is sloppy as hell lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

3s players are even older dude have you SEEN the people who always shownup to the jo tournamnets

theres clip somewhere of aris saying all the ST players have jobs and familys and 3s players are all unemployed degenerates. i will NOT look for it, someone else post it or just imagine h8m saying that in his own phrasing and voice. THank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

It's because Guile told all the ST players to go home and be family men, while 3S players had no such reinforcement.

thank you guile

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

King of Fighters XV has arrived, and it's fun as hell. I hear people are having issues with the PC version but I haven't encountered any catastrophic errors so far.

considering getting this, but im possibly the worst kof player on the planet

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kongming posted:

This is a pretty easy iteration of KoF execution-wise. It's even easier than XIV, cause max mode cancels now pause the game for a second so it's impossible not to hit confirm them. I also feel like it's easy to do a lot of damage since you can do a simple combo into super and do at least 30-40%, no max mode needed. Now as for the actual flow of the game and KoF style neutral and all that, I'll get back to you once I figure it out myself.

thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i love playing kof in arcade mode or with my friends but going online is a death sentence to me. i loaded up 98 in fightcade last week and got like 3 hits in with terry before being eaten alive

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think it was an indonesian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i should move to the us and live in my dads basement so i can play fighting games with imps