Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Majorian posted:

Sad day for a site that helped guide me to a much better understanding of politics and how the world works. From the bottom of my heart, thank you CSPAM and D&D for making me a true leftist. gently caress you Lowtax for tarnishing something that was genuinely great. See you on twitter and possibly discord if I ever stop being an old millennial and actually learn how to use it!

:same:

except also gently caress D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it'll probably become clear later but i imagine in my vulgar marxist way that there have been growing structural "contradictions" so to speak, manifesting in interforums drama that has been happening since lowtax closed FYAD down. and that manifested in grudges within the forums which then develops into a general forums-wide grudge against lowtax.

shitposting to heighten the structural contradictions of our parasite-enabling deadforums

everyone must do his or her part

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

p sure half the people on bnr dislike me, and cspam is owned by a woman beater

well at least if i dont read about trump every day i can focus on actual productive poo poo

just register with a new name and start fresh

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

scroll all the way down and change it here
(light-minimal is best)

my one complaint, that constantly fucks me up on B&R:

how the gently caress can I see an unread post count for threads?? I get all confused and re-read a thread when there’s no new posts sometimes

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin Tyme posted:

If SA does go down forever, someone needs to make a dang BnR mobile app

also this so I can be phoneposting

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's no post count but a thread with new posts will have bold font and one with nothing new will have a skinny font. In the theme I use it looks like this:

oh so that’s why they’re bold sometimes?

idk it still doesn’t feel like the TRIMP thread without a big fat [42069] unread posts to intimidate me. maybe that feature can go on the to-do list someday

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao get ready y’all, shits about to get COOL

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool thanks for the tips, I guess I’ll get off my lazy rear end and start using B&R more consistently :glomp:

pancake rabbit posted:

the what butto...

wait

........oh my god

oh my god i never look at the right side

better late than never!!!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text.

oh gently caress :(

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Lowtax, to my knowledge, has not responded to us at all.

Bad.

shitpost twice if he’s trying to flee to mexico

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

- Lowtax
- Renee
- Burt Sexual
- Fluffdaddy

The polycule from hell.

world’s worst foursome

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

well yea they needed a good cop to counteract fluffdaddy just rolling into every thread fists swinging at everyone he didn't like the look of while reading nothing

like an imperial official in a dying empire, slowly going mad and ordering executions for the smallest infraction to “MAINTAIN ORDER!!!” at all costs

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

A "good" cop who as far as I can tell did absolutely nothing the entire time.

tbf is there any other kind of good cop? :grin:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nineball posted:

Its the perfect idiot cop movie pairing: A bumbling gently caress up who literally can't stop "negligently discharging" his gun, and his partner who gets entranced watching paint dry. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but having come in two days before KM stepped down in TGRS and watching Fluffdaddy's ascendancy, he is one of the most pure dogshit-brained people I've ever seen on the internet

it’s p. impressive, ngl, he really gives 110% at all times

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

On that note KM you were great and you also don't deserve what this forum did to you.

... Somethingawful really doesn't do good things to lady mods. :thunk:

on a side note KM: I do not mean to laugh at your pain, in any way, but when the PPJ saga was going down and you came in to defend him with “but he keeps us safe I can vouch for him!” I think that’s when we collectively crossed the rubicon.

it was just too... weird to not try to dig further, it brought up a hundred more questions, and then that whole shitshow unravelled. I’m sorry if you got hosed over by PPJ pretending to defend you from his nazi buddies.

jfc that was a goddamn ride. it was fun dunking on PPJ hard enough to get probed by squizzle tho! :peanut:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreylad posted:

I think at least some of the mods and admins are gonna have to go if the forums transfer does happen because a good chunk of the userbase is pretty unhappy with them.

TBH I think the best thing to help everyone move on would be releasing the mod forum and the memoryholed threads, and anyone who wants to keep being a mod has to explain themselves to the community they lead in some sort of truth and reconciliation Q&A.

because holy loving hell has a lot of ugly poo poo gotten swept under the rug with blanket gassings and bannings, and not only has there never been any kind of public accounting, but the parties involved just go silent or ban questioners whenever anyone asks what the gently caress was going on.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah realtalk I've been part of a bunch of stuff on SA and here for a lot of sagas but the PPJ poo poo was far and away the best and most hilarious goddamn ride

KM I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that PPJ took advantage of you and all

Given the PPJ saga I think decisions like "give the minorities their own subforum to talk about their issues away from decent folk" are cast in a new and very different light

yeah wasn’t that lowtax’s idea originally?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ratbert90 posted:

lol Jeffrey is independently wealthy from Bitcoin iirc. Bitcoin is going to save SA. This is amazingly ironic.

I just read all the Jeffrey news

welp he’s 100% gonna ban all the leftists and torch CSPAM, then bring in more ‘informants’, it’s been real fellas

I’ve also repeatedly PM’d him that he’s a loving idiot, for fun, so if I catch a random perma that’s why

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sincx posted:

I do hope it works out, or Sheng-ji's site becomes the main replacement.

I'll post on BnR if I have to, but I'd prefer a place without a prominently placed subforum for a niche fetish.

succ is more of a philosophy than a fetish

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or Jeffrey takes 50% of SA’s gross revenue, turns it into crypto, then gives it to lowtax. lowtax goes back to getting paid $$$ by the users to not post

what actually changed? are the details of this ‘deal’ going to be made public? the fact the lowtax immediately agreed to it without throwing a public shitfit tells me he’s getting enough of a payment to agree quickly, which means it’s either a fuckload or cash or a quiet going concern

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and no I do not trust jeffreys honesty or judgement, squizzle, are you out of your goddamn mind? :stonklol:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

And then Queen of SA Reene bans every "transphobic" trans poster and mod Sasser.

exactly

anyone who speaks up or promotes an off-site is a sex pest, perma, boom, problem solved

thin blue line hoorah

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

Wampalord tried to do something nice for people and now the curb your enthusiasm music has been playing around him for two days

Wampalord’s school for posters who can’t read good and want to learn to do other things good too

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

i mean, the vast majority of my impressions of the admins and most of the mods are based on interactions that took place in confidence—and im neither going to break peoples confidence nor ask you to just take my word for things that i won't substantiate. but i can only speak fully on behalf of my own perspective, even tho i cant suggest you take it as absolute and authoritative on anything

but to the end that someone might trust or value my opinion, well, i might as well offer it!!

this just reads like more thin blue line crap, just like when KM and Jeffrey were vouching for PPJs character because in private he convinced them he was hunting nazis.

we’re not privy to those secret mod discussions, all we can judge is public actions: those have been poo poo. is there going to be any more openness or accountability among the mods and admins moving forward? so far 0 of the admins who banned people for talking about lowtax being a wifebeater months ago have taken responsibility for their actions or explained what will be different this time. none of the mods who enabled, hid, and excused lowtax’s poo poo are going to be held accountable in any way. the closest thing is LK resigning in protest, props to him. the underlying rot is still there, and growing like an authoritarian cancer. this is why I don’t trust Jeffrey to reform things in any substantial way.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :shrug:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smekerman posted:

okay, let’s set aside the old mod forum for now. at the very least, under the new administration, they should have a publicly viewable mod forum. all administration should happen out in the open, with no more loving secrecy.

secrecy makes people paranoid, for good reason. in the interest of good faith, Jeffrey, AT THE VERY LEAST, should be offering this as a no-brainer.

that would be a huge improvement. make it read-only to regular posters if you have to, but big decisions should be publicly viewable and accountable.

y’know, decisions like when Jeffrey and the modmin team decided in secret that nichael and wampalord were homophobes and thus unfit to be mods in CSPAM. who advocated for what during that discussion should 100% be in the public record.

leak the mod forum, squizzle. :)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

its not a Mod Fraternity thing. i dont like repeating things said w an expectation of privacy, outside of that private sphere. sometimes mods will talk about encouraging or uplifting msgs they get from people, and i dont* do that because anything someone said to me in pm was said to me w/o any expectation i would share it outside of that exchange

*i once shared that someone told me to go gently caress myself, in what i thought was a funny way. i made sure not to include the persons username tho

fair enough, so then since character references are unreliable as hell (it’s easy to convince 1 person at a time, see: lowtax) all we have available for consideration is actions.

the current mod team’s actions, in relation to the current crisis, have consisted mainly of secrecy and banning the gently caress out of anyone who ‘talked poo poo’ about lowtax or tried to fundraise for his battered wife, right up until a couple days ago.

based on what evidence should we feel hopeful that the current admin culture of secrecy, compiling secret lists of problem posters for ‘lifetime achievement awards’, and other such gestapo poo poo is going to change?

will there ever be any kind of truth and reconciliation for all the bad poo poo that’s gone down? this is part of that openness I’m asking about. truthfully discussing past poo poo is important, and it’s not just neglected under the current leadership, it’s actively punished.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

Can someone re-post the screen caps of Reene and Burt banning people for daring to point out that maybe Lowtax was an abuser? I forgot to save them for posterity

I’ll check and see what I screenshotted in the morning

christ that was awful to read. and again, no follow-up, no accountability, just “shut the gently caress up they’re not going anywhere.”

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoondick posted:

i feel bad for our forums, but this is tremendous content

:yossame:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

you're like the old prospector at the foot of a cursed mountain, casually warning travelers that they will regret this journey

yeah it fuckin owns bones

she's that gas station owner in Cabin in the Woods who's genuinely 100% into his bit

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysterious frankie posted:

My wife says he's Dick Masterson and he's been around on the internet forever doing the "It's just jokes, people, but, seriously, women are the worst" shtick without ever really moving past his late 2000s level of success.

so you’re saying his comedy is 10 years more up to date than lowtax’s

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stop trying to chase away the accident watchers
we've all put in our time we've earned seeing this crash play out

PISS TAPE PISS TAPE PISS TAPE

wajt

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Anyways I’m going to be honest with you guys. I love you all - I love the vast majority of D&D posters here, still. I had a great time modding here, and god willing, I will get to post here.

But right now, until we get official announcements and stuff, I know about as much as you all do. I found out about the announcement last night about 20 minutes before it happened. I’m not some authority anymore.

If Lowtax is gone, and I was offered, and the community accepted, I would come back as mod. But until then, I wait for the deal to be real and complete.

on the one hand that would own, you were a drat good mod

on the other hand, i don't want you to have to go through this poo poo all over again when it turns out Jeff agreed to paid Lowtax 50% of the forum revenue in perpetuity and things explode again

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

I’ll answer this in a second but first:

but seriously LK, now that your star is gone, can you shed some more light on all that?

we never got answers, all discussion just got shut down repeatedly. Jeffrey answered like 3 questions then ran away, and no other mod or admin seriously addressed any of this

so there are lingering questions

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

i think i became a mod literally in the middle of that

I remember that cuz you probed me for joking that PPJ learned to gas threads from his nazi buddies

I stand by that joke

but does that whole incident change your appraisal of jeffrey’s judgement and character? do you think it’s a pro or con that he runs an unknown number of informants (he referenced other informants).

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

I don’t think I know anything you all don’t if you followed the threads. PPJ was in bad discords and my understanding was that he was lurking and scraping them for bad poo poo so I was like ok I guess. Then it came out he was posting there and it was not great. When the full extent of how stupid it was came out, he self-banned.

If you’re asking “what did Jeffrey know about it,” I don’t think I can answer that on his behalf.

it seems like there’s some kind of disconnect between “oh he’s good I can vouch for that” *we mention all the bad poo poo* “oh no I can’t comment on that”

it just seems he receives the benefit of the doubt in only one direction, and anything bad on his watch slides right off

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this meant to absolve you of responsibility or further call into question your assessment of Jeffrey's character?
Because it seems like everyone who gets asked about it ducks the question

and that's preeeetty suspect while saying "Yeah Jeffrey's cool" at the same time

yeah jeffreys cool, and all evidence to the contrary (like permabanning CSPAM folks and accusing wampa and nichael of being homophobes??) just gets brushed under the rug

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dex_sda posted:

jefflon for sure

jefflon is def. top tier

idk, it just seems like a bunch of managers afraid to criticize the bipolar CEO in any way.
“oh no he’s great I really like him as a person.”
“and his management decisions?”
“...anyway, what’s new with you?”
it’s more faceless deflecting PR speak right off a
script.

I would say a more concrete criticism we could discuss is his firm stance that mods should not ever be chosen by the communities they moderate, and that there’s no inherent need for accountability in that respect. I think his slandering of Wampa and Nichael came 80% from that- he doesn’t think anyone CSPAM (or any forum) chooses should be a mod. It’s not based on how much outcry or drama results, number of users, or any other evidence, but rather, “that’s the way SA has always run” as a reason to avoid reform. His perspective for running SA is an inherently conservative one, where anything that’s gone on in the past should continue in perpetuity. This is concerning, because SA has serious structural problems (see: Reene, Burt, Lowtax) that need to be addressed.

ignoring whether you like him on a personal level, do you agree that that’s a concern?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

whaat

i wanna see that post. not because i dont believe you but because i missed so much during that and thats either something i missed or which fell out of my brain. not something ive ever seen referenced by him in public or private since either so i can mostly just go “huh” rn

Sure, sorry for the hosed-up screenshots, this is from 1/7/20:

Specifically, "he helps run a network" (from KM) and "we rely on informations from folks in those discords" (from Jeffrey).

As in, multiple informants, of whom PPJ was only one.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

the indeed still kills me

fuckin lmao “indeed :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

iirc Jeffrey posted again a couple hours later saying he didn't know the details, or that PPJ was actually active in those discords, or w/e

and then posted again that actually he knew PPJ was active but that it was only as a cover

stories changed a lot based on what evidence was public at the time, lol