Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks taste, this has been exhilarating (if exasperating), I am stepping away now to do real life things, not avoiding you. I will be back long before deadline though and will take another look to see if I am just reverse tunneling at this point.

Rosa is someone who has seemed awkwardly scummy all game but I dunno, I get the feeling they are just overeager town trying to solve the weird game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t believe in a scenario where we have spoonsy and Hal both as what they claim, and at this point, I believe spoonsy much more than Hal, which anyone who knows me can recognize as an extremely difficult transition given my earlier feelings toward his claim

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Trying to notice how people are playing in relation to each other is.... bad? Trying to figure out if people look like they could or could not be scum buddies is... scummy? No, no I don't think that's right.

Unequivocally yes. Acting like you can’t parse what “putting cart before the horse” means doesn’t shine you up the way you’d like with your smarmy response, especially in context of your ludicrous beyond the grave theory

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks taste, this has been exhilarating (if exasperating), I am stepping away now to do real life things, not avoiding you. I will be back long before deadline though and will take another look to see if I am just reverse tunneling at this point.

Rosa is someone who has seemed awkwardly scummy all game but I dunno, I get the feeling they are just overeager town trying to solve the weird game.

I understand and appreciate you engaging with me

Rosa is *at best* actively harming town as town, but I’m beginning to think they’re just newbie scum trying anything and everything

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Read sub Rosa without the context of “first few games” as a shield and see if my read makes sense

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm cool with lynching hal today and dbd tomorrow but please make it dbd tomorrow

## vote hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm cool with lynching hal today and dbd tomorrow but please make it dbd tomorrow

## vote hal

I’d rather lynch DBD today.

What do you think of Spoonsy and my theory from d1?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

I don’t believe in a scenario where we have spoonsy and Hal both as what they claim, and at this point, I believe spoonsy much more than Hal, which anyone who knows me can recognize as an extremely difficult transition given my earlier feelings toward his claim

Sorry, I just want to quote tweet this for my records as a means to Discord hug you once this is all over.

(I'm keeping my vote on Hal unless there's some other bombshell)

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

How is taste playing right now

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

t a s t e posted:

Read sub Rosa without the context of “first few games” as a shield and see if my read makes sense

Seems like someone theorizing in thread instead of in a notepad

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Can we please lynch the claimed cop who hasn't been killed blocked or redirected nor investigated anyone of use who outed themselves under zero pressure?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

I think of the 3, it's Merk. This is the first case-like post he's made and it's not to case someone it's not even to call them town, it's to say their claim is probably true.

##vote Merk

I make a case with a vote in literally the next post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

How is taste playing right now

Thought just tunneled but looking fake with every new post.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Today he claims to have visited a role that was already public, chose to use his power on someone who's role was also alignment neutral (scum bodyguard is very plausible in a game with a known non-scum NK) instead of using it to confirm the claimed cop AND potentially get an extra cop result (much more likely to be useful than an extra bodyguard). And of course I tracked him going nowhere, the second time in the game someone has contradicted his claim.

Not sure how a general feeling of:

"Hey, you and Taste have been visiting the same people, what gives? Look at people listing scenarios where you're scum with taste because of that."

Turns into:

"Why didn't you create a chance to clear Taste's cop and then potentially clear someone yourself with a cop result?"

I don't know if you've read the state of the game but half of the game doesn't believe me, taste keeps being on the same people I am somehow, and multiple posters are wanting me to be chain lunched regardless of what you flip. I'm damned if I do or damned if I don't with taste so that argument seems insincere/faulty.

I already said why I went NGO. I think bodyguard has a higher chance of being a town role if I can confirm it, and I like at least having a chance to stop a kill.

I started feeling better about you until these recent posts today. Ugh.

DGK2000 posted:

Can we please lynch the claimed cop who hasn't been killed blocked or redirected nor investigated anyone of use who outed themselves under zero pressure?

I can do it tonight and not use the bodyguard but I don't think people will believe me. As I've stated earlier my vote will probably stay on someone related to the Ecco Cop stuff today though. Too many weird people involved with that.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

I think of the 3, it's Merk. This is the first case-like post he's made and it's not to case someone it's not even to call them town, it's to say their claim is probably true.

##vote Merk

Ever since he became aware of his voting patterns and how quickly he jumps to everybody he's posting better but yeah, that's how I'm seeing it.

Also merk, if I were scum or had a killing role I'm absolutely killing you or making a case about you and never getting off of it. I'm not dealing with you hounding me and pushing me EVERY day because it's exhausting. And if you think that I concocted this scenario and waited for you to pressure me endlessly as some sort of strategy just to make THIS post to convince you then that's some super mafia ego poo poo. This isn't something I care about anybody believing or not, I'm just saying it straight up to you.

I don't know why I feel obligated to try to convince you since I don't even feel good about your alignment, but yeah guys, merk has not been pressured like he should be for how weird he's been playing and that is worrying to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

t a s t e posted:

Rosa is *at best* actively harming town as town, but I’m beginning to think they’re just newbie scum trying anything and everything

Not buying it. Anybody actively looking at a lot of scenarios will seem sincere to me even if I have been involved in some things they've posted that makes me go like ?? but it shows they're trying to make sincere (imo) guesses about the game and I'm doing that too, or attempting to.

If anything the whole "anti-night action" stuff or reluctance to theorize is an easy way to hand wave scenarios that truly could've happened.

If Sub Rosa was more pushy with the theories and trying to ignore the Spoonsy results thing completely and just focus on their own theories that's one thing, but it doesn't seem pushy to me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

I think Spoonsy and JX setup that “messenger” claim to draw heat from Spoonsy. It’s right there in the case I made. Time stamps way too close from the bus to the claim, JX getting the fifth vote down, etc.

This is the merk I've been waiting for the entire game, as in, someone willing to read and give input into any sort of scenario in the game since there's 20 things happening at once and simply trying to compute the "simplest answer" isn't simple. Although I'm confused about why you'd still rather vote me and how I tie into that if you think this scenario is probable enough to vote Spoonsy for it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

merk posted:

I think it's far fetched

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

I think it's far fetched

How do you feel about merk now in general compared to the beginning of the game? You keep asking others how you should feel about him but reluctant to share how you personally feel.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Here's who I like for today

dbd scummiest
taste
hal

I also find hambeet irritating as poo poo

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Anybody actively looking at a lot of scenarios will seem sincere to me even if I have been involved in some things they've posted that makes me go like ?? but it shows they're trying to make sincere (imo) guesses about the game and I'm doing that too, or attempting to.
Help me see what's ?? about them if you don't know you are town. Because if you are town, you know that, so yeah, anything involving you is clear.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

Help me see what's ?? about them if you don't know you are town. Because if you are town, you know that, so yeah, anything involving you is clear.

Not your general theories, ?? in my perspective to ones involving me since I know that's not what happened obviously. Like some of the stuff others are questioning in the last few pages from you makes sense to me or I could see happening, but that's easy for me to think about more freely if I'm not involved in it. I think it's human nature to feel like that though. My point was the fact that you're doing it in the first place makes it seem earnestly town compared to people saying it looks scummy. I disagree with that notion.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

At this point do you think Hal is scum and lying or Hal is town and redirected?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

At this point do you think Hal is scum and lying or Hal is town and redirected?

That's why I'm hesitating on my vote since yesterday when we were tied. I don't know. I was leaning towards the latter until some posts today. We still have time though so I don't want to rush anything or put him -1 to hammer if I did vote him.

You said you "could" see Hal flipping scum, do you think it's a high percentage or not?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Right, I read that at some point but forgot.

So roleblock targets:

N1: DGK
N2: Spoonsy
N3: DGK

---------

Kill targets:

N1: Jen X flips Cabal
N2: Huma flips Night Witch (Cabal kill?), yuming flips Night Witch (Masonry kill)
N3: No deaths

-----------

This is where I doubt there's another third party out there (maybe a survivor or something) but 3 killing roles (Cabal/Masonry/Arsonist) PLUS an SK seems like a lot for how little kills we've seen.

This list here is going to save me time as to why I think Tastes claim is bs.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hi amnistar are you going to post or just lurk

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Raiding the unidentified items closet does not seem very town

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You said you "could" see Hal flipping scum, do you think it's a high percentage or not?
I think the percentage chance has fallen today in my eyes.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Here's who I like for today

dbd scummiest
taste
hal

I also find hambeet irritating as poo poo

Aww I kinda like hambeet the more I play with him.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can do it tonight and not use the bodyguard but I don't think people will believe me. As I've stated earlier my vote will probably stay on someone related to the Ecco Cop stuff today though. Too many weird people involved with that.

Kinda want you to do me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Kinda want you to do me

Since I have soft-claimed, so you couldn't just be like 'Ah yes he is a bodyguard cop vanilla person'

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I think that makes a lot of sense.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

Since I have soft-claimed, so you couldn't just be like 'Ah yes he is a bodyguard cop vanilla person'

Okay.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

DGK2000 posted:

Hi amnistar are you going to post or just lurk

Sorry, my life has gotten busier.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I'll be voting Hal in a few minutes because I have to go to the store and that's a nightmare.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Hal Incandenza (5): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Spoonsy (2): Sandwolf, merk
Sandwolf (1): Amnistar
merk (1): DGK2000
t a s t e (1): Sub Rosa, Amnistar, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa
Deadbeat Dad (1): Hal Incandenza, merk, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa, merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
DGK2000 (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
SolusLunes (0): DGK2000, DGK2000

Not Voting (1): Deadbeat Dad

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 15 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ll vote Hal to prevent a no elim only.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just came back from a store that was a nightmare, why would you vote me for that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I think it's far fetched

It’s a lot les far fetched than a one shot unclaimed messenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

It’s a lot les far fetched than a one shot unclaimed messenger.

*day messenger