Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

It does in that watcher results aren’t a risk in role madness games

Because if all three guesses are wrong you can just say that all three must have been redirected somehow? No, that's still farfetched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sub Rosa posted:

Because if all three guesses are wrong you can just say that all three must have been redirected somehow? No, that's still farfetched.

I agree with you.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm thinking hal

## vote hal

Reasons

1. Criminally low post count. I know I know that's not enough of a reason on its own but

2. the posts have poor content. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=49279

3. Votes jenx and then unvotes, moves around

Looking at how he's interacting with sandwolf seems like the way I'd play scum if I were them. So. I think hal and sandwolf.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

In this case there was one already confirmed in thread, which establishes baseline credibility. Anything incorrect after that can be hand waved as unknown interference

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

t a s t e posted:

It does in that watcher results aren’t a risk in role madness games

I don't know what this means

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have done what spoonsy is doing and had it work before. It’s low risk high reward

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I don't know what this means

There’s no risk to his play because he can cite ~scum interference~ with incorrect or absent claims

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Difficult game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

You uh, didn't see the post where I said the reward from the cryptography was the coin and submitting a name? Which is not a part of my role.

No I saw that part, but was thinking that submitting a name at night is still a night action.

I see your point, but I’m not sure I’ve seen such a strict definition of roleblock before.

Like if an inventor gave you a tool, that’s not part of your role but could still be roleblocked.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

So you’re saying JX isn’t necessarily scum. What, then, should we do here today?

Well, yes? I've made that pretty obvious especially since it was discussed by others before I replied to anything so it wasn't some bullshit I concocted as a theory.

I'm basing it off of a few things:

1. Obviously being tied to Jen X by you and others when I know there is/was no such connection. I think someone knows that there are death millers or can control that.
2. Knowing how my own role works, from what transpired D1, the weird Jen X death text, me not actually targeting Jen and being seen by Spoonsy. This game is wacky.
3. How easy it would be to tie certain people to dead players. There is incentive there to do that if there is knowledge. I literally did that to you before realizing I could be going down the wrong path there.
4. Obviously there is a decent chance that there are no death millers and this is all BS but right now I'm inclined to think that there is weird poo poo there.

I made it pretty clear I feel good on pera who was seen by Hum and then Spoonsy. I'm mostly trusting Hum because I never visited Jen and I can't confirm Pera or Taste from Spoonsy knowing that.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

hambeet posted:

No I saw that part, but was thinking that submitting a name at night is still a night action.

I see your point, but I’m not sure I’ve seen such a strict definition of roleblock before.

Like if an inventor gave you a tool, that’s not part of your role but could still be roleblocked.

So, I have a role that I attempted to use. Submitting a name was a day action, which had to be used before the day ended.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe this is another bizarre auspol thing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm thinking hal

## vote hal

Reasons

1. Criminally low post count. I know I know that's not enough of a reason on its own but

2. the posts have poor content. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=49279

3. Votes jenx and then unvotes, moves around

Looking at how he's interacting with sandwolf seems like the way I'd play scum if I were them. So. I think hal and sandwolf.

How you feel about merk is how I feel about Sand. This seems like a pretty cut and dry Sand town game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

So, I have a role that I attempted to use. Submitting a name was a day action, which had to be used before the day ended.

Hmm I guess logistically that makes sense to make sure the night goes smoothly and the masonry have time to discuss the name, if I’ve got the mechanics of it correct.

Ok back to my read through.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In a world complicated by unknown unknowns there are only reads to save you

Vote peramene and ride to glory

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

It's hard to know what to make of spoonsy this game, but taste seems scummiest to me of the people that visited Jen, so I think taste is the killer. I don't know if as a SK who hit scum and scum failed in their NK, or if it's night miller stuff and taste is on the scum team. I think seeing the flip of the person who killed Jen could shed light on the night miller stuff.

##vote taste

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Actually I would like to ask everyone publicly what they feel about the probability of death millers or janitored roles (with regards to Jen X)?

I just don't like when people are like "don't worry about that stuff" and then proceed to make a case on me tying me to Jen when the possibility of role misinformation exists, meaning you probably do think its bullshit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

It's hard to know what to make of spoonsy this game, but taste seems scummiest to me of the people that visited Jen, so I think taste is the killer. I don't know if as a SK who hit scum and scum failed in their NK, or if it's night miller stuff and taste is on the scum team. I think seeing the flip of the person who killed Jen could shed light on the night miller stuff.

##vote taste

I’ll be nice because this is your second game but lord have mercy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually I would like to ask everyone publicly what they feel about the probability of death millers or janitored roles (with regards to Jen X)?

I just don't like when people are like "don't worry about that stuff" and then proceed to make a case on me tying me to Jen when the possibility of role misinformation exists, meaning you probably do think its bullshit.

I have no reason to believe one exists but if one does Solus is at it again clearly

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Right, I'm not playing like that. If you want to be led by the nose from potentially falsified and doctored information because of some mafia vanilla purist pov go ahead, but I'm not going to allow myself to get voted out by a Jen X connection that never existed and that has the possibility of being a millered/janitored result. I'm voting the person that had 2 claims of visiting someone who died.
The gymnastics here is impressive.

Jen flipped scum.

DBD is saying don’t play mafia trust there is some wacky nonsense going on that makes it RIDICULOUS to case a player based on content we should just vote with some converging night action results. Hard pass.

If there is crazy role stuff going on then I’m even less inclined to trust any results.

I think it is scummy of DBD to take this so far.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I’ll be nice because this is your second game but lord have mercy

This is the exact sort of tone Mr. Steak had towards me casing him in When Mods Collide and he flipped scum. You aren't him so I can't say it's a meta read, but

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

In a world complicated by unknown unknowns there are only reads to save you

Vote peramene and ride to glory

I will maybe entertain one day of potential death millers. ##vote pera

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

This is the exact sort of tone Mr. Steak had towards me casing him in When Mods Collide and he flipped scum. You aren't him so I can't say it's a meta read, but

Meta doesn’t work when your reference point is *other people*

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Scummy looking posting is still scummy looking posting

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The OP says death millers and flipping one of the masons that way is a good use of that power.

That being said rereading D1 Jen fit as scum to me. Based on the game as a whole I think her flip is real.

pera, did you send spoonsy the message D1?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Scummy looking posting is still scummy looking posting

Well, in Wild West 2 captain foo made a bad vote on me as well, so I’m sorry to say but you’re scum

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

So uh, why were you riding Solus so hard, right after saying you wouldn't vote the masons?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

The gymnastics here is impressive.

Jen flipped scum.

DBD is saying don’t play mafia trust there is some wacky nonsense going on that makes it RIDICULOUS to case a player based on content we should just vote with some converging night action results. Hard pass.

If there is crazy role stuff going on then I’m even less inclined to trust any results.

I think it is scummy of DBD to take this so far.

Somberbrero posted:

honestly this game is fairly crazy.

It's literally in the OP.

There's no gymnastics at all.

There is clearly a line in the sand of people pretending this is a normal game trying to get over on others with misinformation and painting others in a bad light. merk is frustrating me with his unwillingness to entertain that possibility but that's sort of what I expect from merk (sorry, but you're a stubborn mafia player!), but this post from you was the worst I've seen. You're intentionally trying to paint a picture of this game a certain way. You may say I'm doing the same thing just in a different way, but from everything I've seen in this game so far + knowing how my role works + seeing how people are playing around it, I'm fairly certain things aren't as straightforward as you think or are trying to make it out to be. And I'm at least acknowledging the possibility of both being good possibilities.

And no, I'm not saying don't play mafia, I'm saying I literally think there is a doctoring role and I'm not connected to Jen X at all so stop basing your votes on me from that. Your post doesn't even make sense because you're saying "if there is wacky nonsense going on (hint: yuming, there is!), I won't believe anything anyway" but that should directly correlate to a role that fucks with the flip if you can't trust Hum or Spoonsy either.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

So uh, why were you riding Solus so hard, right after saying you wouldn't vote the masons?

I believe I said I wouldn’t focus selectively on the masons to the exclusion of anyone else, like asiina feared

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

I believe I said I wouldn’t focus selectively on the masons to the exclusion of anyone else, like asiina feared

Alright, why Solus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

Alright, why Solus

His d1 posting was the worst out of the big candidates

Whenever like 5 people were at 3 or 4 votes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DBD playing this death Miller angle ad nauseam makes me think he’s scum, they did death Miller Jen X, and he’s pissed we are casing him because of her flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So I guess under both options DBD is still scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
fmpov I see some pretty standard results: track, watch.

Masonry with collective NK is “pretty wacky” whatever role gave spoonsy that info is “pretty wacky.”

Death miller is a whole level of its own. I’ve said a few times I read the game with the possibility in mind but it doesn’t fit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

Masonry with collective NK is “pretty wacky” whatever role gave spoonsy that info is “pretty wacky.”

Death miller is a whole level of its own. I’ve said a few times I read the game with the possibility in mind but it doesn’t fit.

Yeah. No need to muddle the issue, trust your reads

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

DBD playing this death Miller angle ad nauseam makes me think he’s scum, they did death Miller Jen X, and he’s pissed we are casing him because of her flip.

It's not entirely fair to say ad nauseam. You 3 left votes on me. When three people are digging through my posts trying to link me specifically to one player and there is discussion between others/a post in the OP of death millers and the theory of a janitored flip comes out then yeah, I think there is something weird going on when I know my alignment.

I don't like how you're now presenting a scenario where you can suddenly believe there are weird roles in the game but now I'm the mastermind behind it all somehow. You're painting me to be scum in either scenario when I think you guys are the ones trying to take advantage of a situation with potential misinformation.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

peramene (3): t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, merk
t a s t e (2): Amnistar, Sub Rosa
Deadbeat Dad (2): merk, yuming, Spoonsy, merk
merk (1): Deadbeat Dad, Sandwolf, Sub Rosa, Deadbeat Dad, Sub Rosa
Hal Incandenza (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Spoonsy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (7): DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, peramene, SolusLunes, Token Female

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 09th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

I'm working under the assumption that literally anything is at play, and that the simplest scenario is pera targeted them since they claimed to be there outright and was caught by Hum/Spoonsy.

If Spoonsy is right and I did end up at Jen's place via re-direction or busdriver, I think I have pretty solid reason to believe death miller stuff. That is why I'm waffling about it because I didn't target Jen, but if what I received was right and has to do with Jen, then I could share what is making me lean into that belief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
indeed i did not kill Jen