Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So bout it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I put this game up unaware of the lowtax stuff. It sucks. If he's out I'll still run it here, otherwise I'll figure something out. This game will run somehow. Feel free to sign up still~

extra important everyone joins the discord!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Considering the apparent issues with all the offsites Iím hopeful to remain here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

TYPICAL MERK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey I didnít receive a role PM can one of the scum just tell me if Iím on their team or not?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

you're on the scumteam with me, best buddy

see? Etiquette is alive & well in mafia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sure, Iíll go first:

golden gate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am a stump

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy is in my head fyi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Why are you ignoring me is this your way of not getting caught as scum D1 this time?

Yeah, is it working

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Probably Humalong because I tend to find him scummy regardless.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Token Female posted:

Nah, It will all make sense.

not the most relieving response. I agree JX and Tokes responses are weird.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DGK2000 posted:

Why are they weird?

Tokes is weird because it seems like itís trying to engage with the question while purposefully dodging any information be pulled from their response. The follow-up cagey response by having ďinformationĒ was worse.

Jen Xís weird because itís just a weird phrasing. The forced use of ďour sideĒ struck me particularly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There it is, Iím Town, DGK signed off on it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Maybe a little too well :clint:

Oh poo poo! The jig is up DGK! Scram!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree. ##unvote; ##vote Jen X

why Jen X then?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jen X posted:

uhhhh

##vote sandwolf

people have made the other points but additionally, it felt like he was setting up a dichotomy of ďeither Jen X or TokesĒ - which felt scummiest to me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote merk

This Jen X thing doesnít feel accurate to me. I see and understand the arguments, but I dunno. Iím gonna put the scummy things sheís done into a shoebox rn and wait til I see worse things

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thatís townie points for Jen X in my book imo, thatís a pretty good post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It does if I find the explanation to be understandable?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sure but until meek responds to some pressure Iím happy with my vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

Town arenít the only ones who can make sense op

hosed up if true...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tokes is probably a bus driver: mystery solved.

Merk coming in and flailing onto me specifically is a merk scum tell sooooo Iím not too plussed by this. Merk is trumping up an OMGUS with weak reasoning and people are nodding like, Ďyes of course, merk knows Whatsup.í

Sub Rosa pointed it out, but why would a statement about Tokesí towniness lead to a Jen X vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too

Something about this post feels off for Hal to me, too, but this is more vague

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

The biggest weakness of my town game is letting past games influence alignment reads of a current game. These aren't meta cases; they're just reactions to players I've played with before who I usually read as scummy (in this game: Sandwolf, DBD, Fisk).

Iím sorry but by your own words you lean scummy on me as default. For you to not have any self-awareness between these two posts is scummy dude. You always lean scummy on me, you think Iím scum here, but thereís no looping back to ďdo I actually think heís scum or am I just thinking what I always do.Ē

I think pushing for me as scum is just the easiest place for you to put your feet up merk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yuming posted:

This was in response to Tokes messing around.

For some reason, spoonsy is only interested in interacting with Token Female. All of spoonsy's content is attached to her role and posts.

The worst part: despite this being his only handhold in the thread, spoonsy makes no actual alignment calls.

"Hmm, that's kinda weird! Maybe I'd vote there." *radio static*

I'm reading spoonsy as scum who is using Tokes as a way to ground himself in the thread but he's failing at making any coherent reads.

##vote spoonsy

If this has any weight to it, it would require them both to be scum imo.

I donít like this case and I donít like Solus jumping in to support it and make it seem more legitimate.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Iím thinking about it and I donít really agree with myself anymore. I still donít think Spoonsy would just latch onto any olí townie to cover for their D1 deficiencies (if you can call them that, I just like alliteration). I do think itís weird theyíve focused their talk on Tokes, but that pushes me towards like a 3P role like luncher or something. Which actually does make sense with how vague and cagey Tokes was being at beginning of day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Token Female posted:

I was being weird for fun. It doesn't mean anything from my end.

No no I get that, but if there were, say, a luncher in this game, your weirdness probably would have caused them to focus.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

jfc stop soft claiming you dumb fucks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

My case on you is really good. You can try to discredit it however you'd like. Good luck.

Youíre really not gonna engage at all with your own statement that you tend to find me scummy along with you surprisingly finding me scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

You slowly waved your hand over my entire case and hoped it would be gone when you got to the other side, so no?

I hate that you get to get away with this kind of obvious refusal to engage with valid points. Anyone else but you and people would be like Ďwow, look, this person keeps acknowledging and then avoiding a point against them.í

I hoped you were gonna see your own awareness and push off me (what is your case on me again?), but instead, youíre ignoring it and doubling down.

Thatís scum merk behavior clear as day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

One of my least favorite things about mafia threads is that even when someone makes long-rear end posts I have to read the whole thing. Token why wouldn't you fullclaim if you're going through this whole rigamarole? Is it somehow supposed to be good for mafia if you fullclaim? But if we do what you want you'll flip at the end of the day so we'll all know ANYWAY... right?

I still like Merk's case on sandwolf and will put my vote there at this point in time

## vote Sandwolf

Never, whanna tell me what you liked about Merkís case on me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Solus hasnít struck me as townie, not especially scummy either, but the Tokes role ďme tooĒ thing was especially weird.

Tokes do you believe there can be multiple of you in this game/Solus could be one, too?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hum Iím sorry I donít really get your case on Solus there

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have heard peopleís ish about merk so Iím gonna drop it for the day but I still very much think heís scum but will come back to it when he does something else scummy next

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sub Rosa posted:

I do not see the case on Solus. If it's just the weird soft claiming stuff, I think if we were to vote someone for that it should be Token, the person literally saying that she is inclined to use her power in a way that will harm town if we leave her alive.

I agree with this logic generally (I still donít think Tokes is a great choice today) and I think Rosa is townie for it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah Iíd support a Hum lunch rn, that ďcheck-inĒ post feels very ďlemme dodge everything being talked about.Ē

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Hum or Tokes, since both of you are dropping votes on me without reasoning, in your own words, why am I scum?

This Asiina/Jen X/Tokes/Solus thing is very suspicious and I agree there has to be one scum in there. Honestly now knowing what we know I think itís Tokes again, I do think that ďkill meĒ thing was a ruse. Because she totally dropped it, could have explained a lot more why she was feeling that way.

I also think that we are in danger if we just start lunching any of these 4. If they flip scum, weíve gotta lunch another to test it. If they flip town, we play this weird game of ďdo we lunch until we find the scum or do we stop focusing on this knowing thereís scum in there anyway.Ē I am not sure what my point is here, I just think itís a dangerous prospect.

I think Iíd still rather vote Hum or Hal (or merk).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Tokes

If these are our options, anyone more interested in Hum ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think all four of the people voting me rn are scummy, so, thatís a fun ďam I being OMGUS-yĒ feeling