Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Iíd like to play. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Confirming, I'm so so town :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I promise not to tunnel on you this game :sun:
Oh good! Hopefully I am more helpful than I was in the last (xopods') game I played in.

Stay cool in the summer heat this weekend everyone!

I'm gonna ##vote hambeet cos eventually he's gotta be scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

DGK2000 posted:

You are so bad at being scum
Tokes and I won as scum last time I was, actually. :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. :sun:

I will be back in an hour or so to catch up!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Delayed response to content game: I hope Hal isn't scum because he is reasonable and reliable as town.

Unfortunately, he comes across quite similarly as scum and so I tend to give him a pass when I shouldn't.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I have no issue with Jen X's comment about me. Her voting Sandwolf reads neutral to me. The worst part of her posting was her tone of not wanting to engage with the early D1 pressure on her. But once she explained herself I think being a bit flippant initially is fair on a D1 that takes place over the 4th.

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

merk I don't think comes across as scummy.

I don't want to kill Tokes and don't think she's scum but that must be one weird role.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

re: DGK

I donít feel like Merkís vote is bad. When it was made, there was like no content in the game. Like I donít think that there is a better vote/case going on when he made the vote. How is this aďlazy as poo poo playĒ? I donít understand.
What I'm seeing with Sandwolf/DGK/Rosa/Asiina is that merk can turn into a bit of a boogeyman and attract votes if there's enough ambient support.

This unique passive ability of merk's attracts both paranoid town and opportunistic scum votes.

Sandwolf and Rosa's votes are a bit messier in their explanation but on D1 I think that's a net +town point for willingness to show erratic behavior.

DGK I can talk myself into being scum because I can imagine him imitating his town game here by using talking points from recent games. I've said before this is something I do as scum, but in this game, I see DGK trying to provoke reactions but he dropped the thread with me. I said he sounded reasonable net-neutral because of his merk case and it is a reasonable case. However, it's an easy case to make as scum-DGK because it is just using explanations and content DGK has developed around merk in other recent games.

Not interested in voting DGK, but of the merk votes I can imagine him on the scummier side.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Next up is Asiina,

Asiina posted:

I still like my Hal vote and don't want to move it yet, although I wish other people would comment on whether they think it's anything.

I agree with taste and it is opportunistic and Jen's OMGUS on him is a bad reason for a vote, but I dunno this feels like real emotion right now? Jen's reason is a bad reason, but I don't know if it's a scummy reason.

I could probably get behind a merk vote.

Also if nothing else, would vote a lurker at deadline. Chic's having a rough weekend and may replace out, so I'd choose pera or yuming who only have 3 and 4 posts.
This off-hand support of voting merk is the worst of the bunch I think.

Asiina revoked it and moved onto Rosa who is playing their ?second? game I believe.

My take is similar to Tokes' case: Asiina is putting effort into content which is good, but there's an "only scratching the surface" feeling that feels low-key scummy to me.

I'd rank this read as similar to DGK: I can imagine it but I am not sold.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Spoonsy posted:

I know we're still technically in joke, but this is not an answer that spawns any real confidence
This was in response to Tokes messing around.

Spoonsy posted:

So you're saying it's in our interest to kill you now, before your role potentially becomes a hindrance to the town on future days? And that explicitly getting rid of you today is the best option, save from potentially hitting scum D1?

I know you "answered" this, but are we sure there isn't a Jester in this game?

Spoonsy posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Tokes post. I am honestly at a loss as to what the gambit is here. This doesn't make sense as town or scum. If you're town, you're putting a "don''t kill me" target on your head for the scum in case your concerns about dampening other people's abilities are in fact correct. If you're town, you've let people know that their powers can become less than optimal and it's your fault. If you're 3P, that does feel like something that could benefit you at the expense of everyone else though.

Is it weird I'd actually be alright with lunching Tokes today for the flip information?
For some reason, spoonsy is only interested in interacting with Token Female. All of spoonsy's content is attached to her role and posts.

The worst part: despite this being his only handhold in the thread, spoonsy makes no actual alignment calls.

"Hmm, that's kinda weird! Maybe I'd vote there." *radio static*

I'm reading spoonsy as scum who is using Tokes as a way to ground himself in the thread but he's failing at making any coherent reads.

##vote spoonsy

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

We have some lower content posters and I can't say I have any strong feelings there.

tbf I thought tomorrow was the deadline to give us some clearance on the holiday weekend. I would have made more effort to catch up yesterday.

hambeet, who is scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

My only negative on DGK is that his case uses extremely confident language very early in a d1.
On a surface level he reads similar to when he caught Sandwolf.

However, from a paranoid POV I'm like hmmm is he just imitating that here?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

If this has any weight to it, it would require them both to be scum imo.

I donít like this case and I donít like Solus jumping in to support it and make it seem more legitimate.
I don't think it means they both have to be scum. I think spoonsy just picked someone he knows well enough to engage with.

meta-context: spoonsy has caught heat for lurking early on in games recently but he's never read scummy to me until this one.

What I'm imagining here is finally-roled-scum spoonsy making a Token effort (lol) to look like he is participating.

Early-game town spoonsy always had a confidence that read townie to me and the lack of that here is what is making me suspicious.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

When I said that I was agreeing with DGK like three posts above mine that merk's content had been pretty wishy-washy. He was posting but not really engaging despite throwing down a vote. I've changed my opinion since then.

Also I didn't realize it was Sub Rosa's second game since I haven't played in about a year but also my vote isn't really something that's chalked up to new player awkwardness.

It's bold to see someone come in with a bunch of reads and call it flailing. I think it's also an opportunistic vote and a bad one.

And I'm fine with saying that I'm only scratching the surface, since there was no content after almost 3 days and I wanted to get this game moving, but I'm not going to tunnel hard on someone D1. Things are still flexible.
Yea that is fair re:Rosa.

I was just trying to sort out the merk-opinions and your offhand comment stood out to me.

I think Asiina's response is good, spoonsy is the only player I feel strongly is scummy atm.

I'm hoping to see some posts from the haven't-really-participated-yet players before we try to reach consensus.

Hi, Amnistar :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I said I can imagine DGK as scum but that doesn't mean I wanna kill him today-- mostly I am still of the mindset of trying to stir reads up.

Unfortunately, I know it is a bit late in the game-day for that but alas~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

How do you feel about hum?
I had him filed with the non-specific low-content players. I don't have any reason to think Hum is scum here.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

re: DBD I don't see how I am policing people's content.

That spoonsy had only effectively commented on Token Female was incidental, it was the pattern of the posts:

(1) hmmm she's acting weird (with her early joke stuff) / does not vote
(1) reacts to the role with hmmm that is weird, could be worth a vote / does not vote

This was all of spoonsy's content over multiple game days. To pop in to say something but effectively nothing is scummy.

His recent response,

Spoonsy posted:

I was unaware that Town Spoonsy had a specific flavor to it, but I'll take it I guess?

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes
fits with my read of spoonsy as scum for the same reason I've had a problem from a meta stand-point: in this game, spoonsy reads like he is trying to LOOK like he is participating. There is a hesitant perspective to his posts where in every other game he's been pretty happy with "well gently caress it is D1 what are you going to do." Solus is an easy place to throw a content-vote, writing it off as gut is also an easy out as scum.

No, I don't want to police someone for trying, but based on content and tone I see something different and scummy in his posts.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

t a s t e posted:

The rush on spoonsy is terrible
I think it is terribly correct!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!
Hmmm yes of course.

I am feeling good about killing spoonsy here

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I did think looking at op that all female scum team would be cool this game.

Alas since spoonsy is scum that is a nope.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

t a s t e posted:

Note that 3/4 of this mysterious alliance have made the difference in the current vote count.
:psyduck:

Or spoonsy is caught scum making up poo poo about the one player heís commented on extensively and the last three votes on him.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct
Hmm gotcha that changes the context of the day. Good thing we have some time left!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

I'm pretty actually annoyed rn that this got blown up, but also more annoyed that if you vote out someone in this group and they're town, that doesn't clear the other three, and if you find a scum then you'd be smart to vote for at least one more of us to confirm they were the only one, but the next few game days are basically going to be about testing various members of this group and that just kinda sucks and also guarantees I'm gonna die within the first few days so welp
I don't see any reason we would limit scum-hunting to the masonry. I am interested in reading your guys' interactions in thread again but I think scum are more likely to limit to your group than town would be.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

Are you one of the baddies???
idg why Hum would call me out like this after calling spoonsy's posts flailing.

For a moment I was like "cool we are seeing things the same" but now I'm confused.

Hum, why did that make you suspicious of me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Gotcha, I was in the middle of doing something and checking on my phone so a bit out of sync but now I am on my laptop so :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

DGK2000 posted:

I think it is likely Asiina is scum.

##Vote Asiina
So yea I just said to Asiina we don't have to vote one of the masonry out but something does stand out to me:

Asiina posted:

I'm not feeling a Solus vote at all. I'd have to check, but I feel like I agree with him about everything so far?
This quote from Asiina reads like made-up content from Asiina wanting to save Solus from the votes.

Voting spoonsy to protect a mason buddy you don't know the alignment is not a Very Town Perspective.

In fact, its pretty much the definition of scummy so.

##vote Asiina

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I am not reading Sand as scum here. His opinions have threads of ~town curiosity~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I am feeling a bit scrambled-up with such a big shift in the game without time to process it.

I don't have time to reframe things how I'd like and the masonry players have an advantage of seeing this gameday from a clearer POV all along.

I don't want to kill spoonsy anymore obvs because as town if you have that info of course you're stuck on those players.

Asiina I can see a scummy POV so I'm happy with a vote there.

I'm trying to find another scum somewhere but v:shobon:v

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Spoonsy posted:

So are we not gonna lunch one of the four people who share a kill or something?
Asiina is worse than Solus imo.

Solus dropping hints in thread reads like sincere trying to share information.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Page 7

Spoonsy posted:

Solus, do you and Tokes share an alignment?
Page 11

Asiina posted:

##vote Spoonsy

imma do this

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Voting with my case doesn't make sense if you have reason to believe spoonsy has reason to be fixated on what he was.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have no idea what this sentence means.
It means Asiina voting spoonsy and saying she agrees with my case is weird from her mason POV.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

yuming is saying I was voting for spoonsy because I somehow knew that spoonsy was onto us as a masonry and wanted to murder them for it, and for no other reason.
This is not what I was saying.

I see multiple spots where Asiina made up content based on the masonry that comes from a flat perspective.

(1) not being curious about Solus' alignment / see: the flippant comment about "I think I agree with Solus"

(2) voting spoonsy over Solus to protect the masonry / this is putting mechanics over scum hunting.

I get wanting to play with your shiny cool roles but a town mason should still be suspicious of their partners not blanket defend them.

And especially when,

(3) spoonsy dropped hints about knowing about the masonry and Asiina had to suspend that in agreeing with my case.

This is where I see the scum POV.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I don't think spoonsy would have the info he did if the masons were a scumteam that is game breaking.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

re: voting Asiina

DGK2000 posted:

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.
I thought that was a good catch and it really stood out as made-up to me.

Obv I was wrong and I feel bad since Asiina was excited about the role but I'm more interested in looking at how the votes fall in relation to Jen.

Also, I think merk looks better for his pressure on Jen so I'm confused by the suspicion there from DGK and DBD.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Amnistar posted:

Specifically, this reads like a soft bus to me.
I could see it.

I am catching up on new posts and then later today I'm going to reread back is my plan.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Thanks for pointing out the death millers thing in the OP :sparkles:

That could be where the scum kill went and what better time to use it.

When I reread after my run I will take both Jen as scum and Jen as ~wacky-death-miller~ into account.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Oh it think itís unlikely but itís weird to joke about... I didnít even notice it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Interesting reveals. I'm back and rereading now.

Also Sandwolf excuse me for feeling bad about Asiina getting voted out D1 with a role she was excited to play. <:mad:>