Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

A streamer I followed, Reckful, killed himself today, so I'm grateful we have a very long Day 1 because I'm not feeling joke phasey right now.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I wonder if the (19, 20, 21) in the OP are some weird hidden players that aren't showing up or if I'm reading way too much into that

I think it's just the game could be ran with 18 or 21 people, and 18 signed up.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

The person I most hope is town is Sandwolf because it was Tom Tucker and him that I had the strongest town reads on and whose takes made sense to me in my first game, and I felt he was encouraging to me when I wasn't sure how I was doing. So I recognize I need to be on my guard I guess about taking that read into this game no matter if he is town or scum, and trust my own takes rather than being led. But since he is probably the person I think could best sucker me as scum, I hope he is town.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

But merk wasn't responding to or quoting Sandwolf?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I see the points about tokes bit as always wouldn't scum NOT try to be so cagey and difficult? What is tokes gaining from these exchanges as scum

This is just WIFOM isn't it?

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree.

Really? Seems pretty weak to make an alignment call based on it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

This is untrue. Just skim his posts in Magic Schoolbus or When Mods Collide. I was scum with him in the latter, and this is exactly how he played there. I was town in Schoolbus and he killed me N1, where he posted exactly as low effort. Merks town game isn't throwing down a D1 vote by calling people town.

Well I was going to respond to this by saying that unlike in When Mods Collide merk didn't start immediately flailing, and then I finished reading the thread.

##vote merk

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

merk posted:

I don't understand this vote. Why are you saying I'm scum?

Yeah, okay, sure. To start I agreed with thinking Tokes' post was weird. Not weird enough to think Tokes was scum, but weird, and weird enough to deserve comment. I felt Hal and your posts in defense were even weirder, and possibly scummier. You told me

merk posted:

Judge stuff in the context of the game at the time.
but I feel I am, and don't feel you claiming that was what you were doing makes me think you claiming having a town read on Tokes is less weird or scummy.

My entire experience of you merk is reading along with The Good Place where you were town, and playing When Mods Collide where you were scum. Your posting does remind me more of your play in When Mods Collide as well, so I agree with DGK on that. I don't think it has anything to do with weekend / non-weekend posting for me, and that's your defense.

So on top of the weird defense of Tokes, you also vote Jen X in the same post.

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree. ##unvote; ##vote Jen X
This comes off weird because what does claiming a town read on Tokes have to do with voting Jen X? You're now pointing to "But I actually said I thought Jen X was scummier earlier." Yeah, okay, sure. I mean, I think the "our town" part of that post is more eye raising, like I don't see the read that Jen X is buddying up with Yuming is anything to justify a vote. But it's D1, so whatever, but it's still a weird alignment call to me on top of the weird alignment call on Tokes.

merk posted:

Reasons why bolded is bullshit:
1. "people have made other points" but he won't comment on them at all.
2. "dichotomy of Jen X or Tokes" as some ultimatum d1 strategy of mine on literally my first posts of the game
3. He doesn't comment on the "arguments." Also, I only made one argument for her being scum and it's plain as day.

There ya go. This isn't a real case. This is a made up one, a lazy one at that. It's like he read the cliff notes to the game and then started bullshitting once the teacher asked him to explain himself.
1) seems weird. Here are the other points

Sub Rosa posted:

But merk wasn't responding to or quoting Sandwolf?

t a s t e posted:

sandwolfís asking what makes a vote on you preferable, not what could cause it.
What comment does he need to me?
2) I think it's fair to pick up that their is something weird in you providing a vote on Jen X in the same post as you giving a Tokes town read.
3) The arguments are your Yuming buddy thing and the "our side" stuff. You pointing out that you only voted on the one I think is less weird doesn't help you in my eyes. Sandwolf is still referring to both.

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are saying merks recent bout of effort posting is flailing? In what way?
Very much reminds me of how merk posted in D2 of When Mods Collide after being pressured by sci, and that's a game merk was scum. As to how it's flailing, it's 12 posts in a row including an OMGUS.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Token Female posted:

specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live
Why not instead be inclined to play the roll in a way that, oh, I dunno, helps town?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Back and caught up and around til hammer.

Asiina posted:

And I don't understand how coming in with a bunch of reads when you have two votes on you is flailing?

##vote Sub Rosa

That was a very bad vote.

To be fair, they didn't seem to be very good reads.

Merk is still the person I think is most likely to flip scum, so leaving my vote there until someone else is, or if needed to avoid a no lunch.

I do not see the case on Solus. If it's just the weird soft claiming stuff, I think if we were to vote someone for that it should be Token, the person literally saying that she is inclined to use her power in a way that will harm town if we leave her alive.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

I'd rather not execute sub rosa d1 if it's truly their second game

I'd rather you not execute me because I'm town, but I'll take it. (Yes, it's my second ever game.)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

I know what Tokes is referring to, being someone that would be "assisted" by it- that being said, if Tokes is town, the gain from it is so tiny and small and not worth it compared to having town lunched. It's not worth it and it's not a good strategy.

Solus, I take this to mean that the gain your roll would have is tiny and small. Since you claim to know more about Token's roll than I do, what is your take on Token's saying she is inclined to use her power in a way that will hinder town? Should we be worried about that?

Token Female posted:

I'm a scorpion. It's who I am.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I donít like the whole mess but as Iíve said before Iíd prefer voting Solus along those lines

Yes you have said that before, but you've yet to tell us why you would prefer voting Solus, so why would you prefer voting Solus?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!
If you have no idea where it came from, you also have no idea if it's true.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Did you watch The Genius?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct
I can see it looking this way, and also think it's possible scum have a day action to send messages.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

What happens if the vote is tied? Is it plurality or majority?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

so the kill goes through once a certain number of votes (51% rounded up) come in; in this case for today it's ten votes, so it's not possible to tie

I mean in regards to their unconfirmed masonry NK

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jen X posted:

I really, really don't like Tokes' vote on Asiina for reasons I shouldn't elaborate on

Jen X has been consistent on that.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jen X posted:

I think tokesí insistence on dying was a high-stakes ruse, because, to reiterate (I sure hope), it contrasts heavily with her voting for asiina, one of the people tokesí death would nominally aid
Actually, this is really persuasive to me. I feel like if I was in a group like that I wouldn't drop a vote on another member of it so easily.

##vote Token Female

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I see the points about tokes bit as always wouldn't scum NOT try to be so cagey and difficult? What is tokes gaining from these exchanges as scum
This is just WIFOM isn't it?

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree. ##unvote; ##vote Jen X
Really? Seems pretty weak to make an alignment call based on it.
Going back to this post of mine. I felt like merk and Hal were being scummy, and it's in defense of Token Female. So I had suspicion that all three were scum.

Now that we know merk was voting someone that is in that group, merk's vote also looks to me like part of an attempt to vote Jen X out of the group so scum has more NK power. Hal's votes have jumped around between Jen X and people who were casing merk.

I'm feeling really good about having my vote on Token Female now.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

I think all four of the people voting me rn are scummy, so, thatís a fun ďam I being OMGUS-yĒ feeling
Well I'm not sure about NevergirlsOFFICIAL but don't have a town read on them either

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

Tokes has a vote on Asiina. Tokes asked to be lunched by town. I do not see scum doing this D1 even as a gambit. My case, Tokes feelings, Spoons message. Vote Asiina for a better tomorrow.

DGK, we've been on the same page in regards to merk. What do you think about my recent posts? I think Tokes is the one aligned with merk, not Asiina.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Again, cart before horse here

I'm not allowed to notice scummy people possibly acting in coordination until after one flips? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

You donít know merk is scum at all so building connections from that isnít sound

Hello, this is a game of incomplete information

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Strong pref Tokes, but
##vote Asiina

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

However, we had an opportunity to induct someone new into the masonry, and I suggested merk if we weren't going to kill him.
JX said she didn't want to induct someone new, lest we mistakenly induct scum and scum takes over the masonry (because using the kill is majority vote).

Oh, also, merk, someone's got it out for you, because they submitted your name to us.

DGK2000 posted:

I am going to own this right now. In reward for the cryptogram, I received a coin and the opportunity to name a player by the end of day. I was then told that player may die. I assumed it was some sort of PGO if that person targeted me or something wild. Then it was mentioned there might be another person outside of this group you are in. I think that might be me now.
I was wondering if that might might be the significance of the coin image shown in the two flips we have. Does make me wonder why having a coin doesn't get DGK added to the masonry. Like if you chose to add him to the masonry would have two votes and be able to vote twice, or just then be able to chat with the other coin holders? Not questions that I think help find scum, but I am loving the flavor of this game.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Also the merk/JX/Tokes scum together theory is a lot of moving parts, and I'd rather see another flip or scummy results before I start hammering away on that one

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.
How can DGK back you up if he isn't in your masonry? He just knows he voted merk, he wouldn't know if you and Tokes voted JX.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

hang on, how did you know this was a thing? did I miss something?

If you mean that they have a masonry,

SolusLunes posted:

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Though now I'm curious what flavor Solus could be referring to that indicates a possible fifth member, if that member is DGK from getting the boon, since I wouldn't expect Solus to have received new flavor between DGK winning the boon and Solus stating that.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Please actually read D1.

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Oh, wow, that's different.

DGK2000 posted:

I am going to own this right now. In reward for the cryptogram, I received a coin and the opportunity to name a player by the end of day. I was then told that player may die. I assumed it was some sort of PGO if that person targeted me or something wild. Then it was mentioned there might be another person outside of this group you are in. I think that might be me now.

So only DGK was able to submit a name to the list. But DGK wasn't a voter by not being in the masonry?

So when you say there is a fifth member as set out in your roll, that isn't DGK but an unknown voter?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Didn't have your phone the last three+ hours of D1 either?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

My biggest suspicions are still the same as yesterday, really. All four people who voted Sandwolf and stuck there happy to let town go to a no lunch look super scummy to me. merk today has done nothing to change my read that merk is the most likely person to flip scum.

##vote merk

Very curious still to see what peramene and taste say about their visit to Jen.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

yuming posted:

I also have a bad feeling about Rosa but I haven't been able to anchor WHY exactly I think they're scum.

I think it's because we seem to have absolutely opposite reads on who is town and who is scum. That also gives me a bad feeling about you, but I still sort of end up thinking you look more like someone looking for scum and seeing things a different way than you look like scum to me. At least so far.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

What if Jen X was death-millered. What if the scum have a death-Miller-janitor. The text of the flip was very hosed up, literally. I think thereís a chance thatís evidence of scum interference.
This is something to consider I think. I want to hear from the people on Spoonsy's list as to if they actually visited Jen and why before thinking too hard about it, because wouldn't that mean two scum had to visit Jen? One to kill, one to gently caress up the flip?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

It would also explain why there is apparently no scum kill if it's a death-miller-janitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I feel like if taste didn't visit JenX it would be stronger to just say so in terms of trying to attack Spoonsy's credibility, so I think taste did visit, and the way he is reacting to that information being shared with the thread seems scummy to me.