Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'd like to try playing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

##vote asiina

you know what you did.

Been a good and loyal friend?

hosed up, I know.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

also poo poo, 5 days! i can't poo poo post that long.

Amateur.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

the chellvatar makes this post

If there is anything I'm known for, it's being loyal....and having friends??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Someone do something scummy. I want to make a case. It's been so long.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm a reverse death miller.

Your turn.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

I am a Lump, but more specifically I am "Lump" by The Presidents Of The United States Of America

I was in the car with my mom the other day listening to 90s radio and "Peaches" came on and it was hilarious listening to it flip back and forth between innuendo and just like...actual peaches.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

So let's not waste this D1, even if it's extra long. It looks like Somber put a lot of work into this flavour, which is very cool, and so I don't want it to be a lurky game.

Open question for everyone because I haven't played in a while and honestly don't have meta reads on most of you: who are you hoping isn't scum this game and why?

I feel like it's probably merk for me because he can either be disengaged or really aggro as a player, as either alignment and both I have a really hard time reading, especially the latter, since I tend to have a lot of doubt in my own reads when someone pushes back on them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

aw man I missed it

Anyway, imma ##vote Hal who hasn't participated in content game but was around for talking about the mechanics of this day event.

I also agree with scumalong's vote and think it is a good one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are voting me for being around at a certain time and not the other. My defense is I was around last night and busy before that

C'mon, that's nonsense. I'm voting you for not having any content and instead of commenting on any of the existing content or providing your own, you were instead talking about the mechanics of the word puzzle.

It's not like my content game or all the hot hot responses were 15 pages back.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I still like my Hal vote and don't want to move it yet, although I wish other people would comment on whether they think it's anything.

I agree with taste and it is opportunistic and Jen's OMGUS on him is a bad reason for a vote, but I dunno this feels like real emotion right now? Jen's reason is a bad reason, but I don't know if it's a scummy reason.

I could probably get behind a merk vote.

Also if nothing else, would vote a lurker at deadline. Chic's having a rough weekend and may replace out, so I'd choose pera or yuming who only have 3 and 4 posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that was a good post by merk, especially that second point of Sandwolf's post.

merk posted:

2. "dichotomy of Jen X or Tokes" as some ultimatum d1 strategy of mine on literally my first posts of the game

I don't get this creating a dichotomy vibe at all and don't really know where it came from.

Sub Rosa posted:

Well I was going to respond to this by saying that unlike in When Mods Collide merk didn't start immediately flailing, and then I finished reading the thread.

##vote merk

And I don't understand how coming in with a bunch of reads when you have two votes on you is flailing?

##vote Sub Rosa

That was a very bad vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Also more than a little annoyed that if you are town and have a negative-utility role that you're asking to be voted out D1 before you even know much about the setup of the game and how your role plays into it. I'd trust Somber not to put in just like a "ha ha gently caress you town" town role, so it's just kind of a lovely thing to do to someone's game balance to be like "actually my role is so bad that you should vote me, a town."

Anyway, I'm gonna keep looking for scum and basically ignore that post ever happened, but won't be voting Tokes today because that really bugs me.

There's been quite a bit of content in the last 24 hours or so that the vote is much better served elsewhere.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Next up is Asiina,

This off-hand support of voting merk is the worst of the bunch I think.

Asiina revoked it and moved onto Rosa who is playing their ?second? game I believe.

My take is similar to Tokes' case: Asiina is putting effort into content which is good, but there's an "only scratching the surface" feeling that feels low-key scummy to me.

I'd rank this read as similar to DGK: I can imagine it but I am not sold.

When I said that I was agreeing with DGK like three posts above mine that merk's content had been pretty wishy-washy. He was posting but not really engaging despite throwing down a vote. I've changed my opinion since then.

Also I didn't realize it was Sub Rosa's second game since I haven't played in about a year but also my vote isn't really something that's chalked up to new player awkwardness.

It's bold to see someone come in with a bunch of reads and call it flailing. I think it's also an opportunistic vote and a bad one.

And I'm fine with saying that I'm only scratching the surface, since there was no content after almost 3 days and I wanted to get this game moving, but I'm not going to tunnel hard on someone D1. Things are still flexible.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

I can definitely see it. Focusing on that only is a really easy way to contribute without making alignment calls.

Sandwolf posted:

If this has any weight to it, it would require them both to be scum imo.

I donít like this case and I donít like Solus jumping in to support it and make it seem more legitimate.

I don't see how this is true though? Why would they need to both be scum for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes' claim like that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I also don't like the "content policing" posts from you, yuming, and Asiina. Asiina on Hal ignoring her "content question" (I don't think any player is beholden to respond to a general question as long as they are generating content elsewhere, nor should they be expected to cast a wide net on D1, I know I don't).

Except he wasn't generating content elsewhere, which oh look, was the reason I voted for him and I pointed that out explicitly. Maybe you missed it:

Asiina posted:

C'mon, that's nonsense. I'm voting you for not having any content and instead of commenting on any of the existing content or providing your own, you were instead talking about the mechanics of the word puzzle.

It's not like my content game or all the hot hot responses were 15 pages back.

quote:

Do you think she's a jester bullshitting? How do you feel about it? It's weird to ignore it completely. And her posting was obviously weird enough that it did concern me that people who have played with her in the past were straight up ignoring it as if that was normal Tokes behavior when it clearly wasn't.

I'm actually inclined to believe Tokes for now, but something doesn't feel right about voting out a potential "guaranteed town" that isn't completely like "you will be totally hosed if you don't do this" (which I understand if that could be exaggeration) but it just being "probably a good idea" is not enough to sway me from the potential of catching scum. I do like your case on Asiina though Tokes, I was going to make a similar one with her interacting with Sal as well as the posts you quoted. While I appreciate Asiina's early push to make it an actual game instead of a lurk-fest, it felt off to me with a lot of hand-wringing sort of opinions/comments that went nowhere.

##vote Asiina

Sal...isn't in this game??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Oh, you presumably meant Hal.

So you did read my post where I explained my vote on him and then chose to ignore it in the other section while talking about content policing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm not feeling a Solus vote at all. I'd have to check, but I feel like I agree with him about everything so far?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah, Hal not Sal, sorry. Survivor mix up!

And yes, Hal wasn't generating content (and still hasn't really tbh) but that pretty much means he's a lurker vote which if you would've said as much I don't have an issue with. Especially if you would've pushed it more and been like "Hal isn't doing poo poo this game, he might be lurking scum, he's a decent vote". Instead you placed a vote on him for ignoring your question and was like "I'm sitting on it until people comment if it's anything or not" and I don't know, it seems disingenuous as a legitimate "I really think this guy is scum" vote that you want to pick up steam. You didn't even really flat out say "I think he's ignoring my question because he's scum and wants to lay low" which is where I think you were getting at with your vote but I might be wrong or may have missed it if you did.

It's the same thing with Jen's votes, I think I know what she is meaning to get at with her votes but if she's not inclined to explain it when she makes the vote, it'll make people wonder what the use of the vote is or where it's coming from or where it will even pick up steam. If there is no intention of it picking up steam or being a legit candidate, why sit on it? They just seem performative.

Alternatively it's Day 1 and I don't think that it's a slam dunk case, but was what stuck out to me at the time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Can anyone actually explain the Solus vote?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy and Sub Rosa are my preferences for today.

Honestly, the Sandwolf and merk fight just made my eyes glaze over.

I couldn't even tell what they were arguing about eventually beyond "oh come on how is it not obvious this guy is scum!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Yeah they seem to have something going on, but honestly I'm not gonna vote some weird softclaims on D1 if they aren't people I otherwise find scummy and I've agreed with his actual content.

Why does his backing up Tokes make him scummy?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

##vote Spoonsy

imma do this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

"proxy omgus"

lmao what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Okay so here's the thing

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Short version: yes we have a kind of weird collective night kill but it's more like we have a mini-thread in some masonry we can only use at night so we haven't spoken yet and all get to secretly vote, and whoever is the winner gets killed.

Solus, based on thread posts, seems to think we're town I guess? I didn't assume we all were and very easy expected scum to be at least one member of this group. I still think that's probably true.

I have no idea if Tokes has like, additional powers on top of that but if ltierally she just has what I have then it's a really lovely thing to go "ohnooooooo I have such an anti-town power, better kill me!!!!!!" because like...what and also that doesn't stop our group kill and if it is infiltrated by scum then like, that's just giving the scum more power to control the vote.

I've been thinking though about why Spoonsy would reveal this and...I don't know why scum would? Rolecop (which is close to what I guess they're claiming) is the closest and is often a scum role, but then why not just reveal this information to their scum team? Why announce it publicly like this? Maybe to get town to do the dirty work, I have no idea.

Anyway, personally this sucks to get what seems like a really cool mechanic totally blown up D1 but here we are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

lol I got sniped bad

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct

Also ugh, I didn't consider that Spoonsy might have gotten this info from whoever the mole is in our group, but again, why blow up their spot instead of seeing if they can influence our kill to be on some town. It doesn't really make sense as a scum move.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

What happens if the vote is tied? Is it plurality or majority?

Nothing happens.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

t a s t e posted:

Thanks.

Asii/tokes/Solus?

Probably Jen > Tokes > Solus.

I've been agreeing with Solus for most of this day and I don't know why scum-Tokes would telegraph her role like that. If she is scum and wanted to take down 3 townies there'd be easier ways to do it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

luv 2 b forced to fullclaim on D1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty actually annoyed rn that this got blown up, but also more annoyed that if you vote out someone in this group and they're town, that doesn't clear the other three, and if you find a scum then you'd be smart to vote for at least one more of us to confirm they were the only one, but the next few game days are basically going to be about testing various members of this group and that just kinda sucks and also guarantees I'm gonna die within the first few days so welp

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

yeah I'm the only one who didn't breadcrumb our poo poo lmao

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

So yea I just said to Asiina we don't have to vote one of the masonry out but something does stand out to me:

This quote from Asiina reads like made-up content from Asiina wanting to save Solus from the votes.

Voting spoonsy to protect a mason buddy you don't know the alignment is not a Very Town Perspective.

In fact, its pretty much the definition of scummy so.

##vote Asiina

I didn't want Solus to be voted, but also agreed with him.

Also I voted Spoonsy because I agreed with your case. It's weird to now paint that as defending someone else?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

Asiina is worse than Solus imo.

Solus dropping hints in thread reads like sincere trying to share information.

Why is dropping hints a town thing and not dropping hints a scum thing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

lmao yeah I'd agree to that, but I was curious what was going to happen when there's a night phase, if such a thing can be said to exist.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

I just assumed Spoonsy was observant because uh, this seemed super obvious

SolusLunes posted:

I know what Tokes is referring to, being someone that would be "assisted" by it- that being said, if Tokes is town, the gain from it is so tiny and small and not worth it compared to having town lunched. It's not worth it and it's not a good strategy.

Maybe only to me because I knew what he was talking about, but that did clearly seem to say that they were both in a thing together.

I literally wasn't giving a thought to the masonry all game day other than being annoyed at Tokes for softclaiming for literally no reason, which I expressed when she did it:

Asiina posted:

Also more than a little annoyed that if you are town and have a negative-utility role that you're asking to be voted out D1 before you even know much about the setup of the game and how your role plays into it. I'd trust Somber not to put in just like a "ha ha gently caress you town" town role, so it's just kind of a lovely thing to do to someone's game balance to be like "actually my role is so bad that you should vote me, a town."

Anyway, I'm gonna keep looking for scum and basically ignore that post ever happened, but won't be voting Tokes today because that really bugs me.

There's been quite a bit of content in the last 24 hours or so that the vote is much better served elsewhere.

There's obviously something going on with this masonry, and we hadn't even gotten a chance to explore it before she decided "actually this is anti-town and I want no part of it" which is dumb as hell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have no idea what this sentence means.

yuming is saying I was voting for spoonsy because I somehow knew that spoonsy was onto us as a masonry and wanted to murder them for it, and for no other reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Why is it weird? I assumed Spoonsy read Solus' post saying "I know what Tokes is talking about" and asked "do you know what Tokes is talking about because you're the same alignment" but that didn't change that they weren't engaging with the rest of the content of the game and were instead focusing only on the stupid softclaim.

Are you saying that I knew the Spoonsy actually knew there were 4 of us in a masonry and that we had a kill together? It also doesn't really jive with how 3 of us have flat out said that we don't actually trust the others to be the same alignment.

I have no more reason to believe any of them are town than the rest of you do, so why would I be defending my masonbros instead of, y'know, doing scumhunting?

If I'm the only scum in that group how does that benefit me? Unless you think we're all scum.