Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

forums currently not dead, will play in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm worried that a lot of good posters have still decided to jump ship regardless. I've seen a whole lot of skepticism on whether or not Lowtax will really totally give up the reins, or if that would even be good enough with the admin and mod structure and culture that still remains without him.

I don't think that should affect your decision to play in this game, since Somber said he might move it to another place anyway. But just wanted to get that concern out there for using this forum in general.

Of course, even though I just said that I'd like to observe instead of play now for unrelated reasons.

are you observering because you're scum and you know that I know you're scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote asiina

you know what you did.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Hey I didnít receive a role PM can one of the scum just tell me if Iím on their team or not?

you're on the scumteam with me, best buddy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Token Female posted:

Oh, we have a 5 days for day 1?

oh my god you're right I didn't even notice that

makes sense though, it's the fourth of july weekend

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hello for content game I would like to pick JX for person I hope isn't scum

she's generally pretty good at picking apart cases of mine and I have a hard time reading her

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

So you're saying it's in our interest to kill you now, before your role potentially becomes a hindrance to the town on future days? And that explicitly getting rid of you today is the best option, save from potentially hitting scum D1?

I know you "answered" this, but are we sure there isn't a Jester in this game?

I know what Tokes is referring to, being someone that would be "assisted" by it- that being said, if Tokes is town, the gain from it is so tiny and small and not worth it compared to having town lunched. It's not worth it and it's not a good strategy.

Spoonsy posted:

Is it weird I'd actually be alright with lunching Tokes today for the flip information?

Yeah, it kinda is. I think you might be reading into tokes' bad posts a bit too deeply, and I question how quickly you're willing to vote for someone that you think may be town or a jester.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

Solus, do you and Tokes share an alignment?

Don't know. I don't have any mechanical knowledge of her alignment. On a read level? Yeah, I think so, but a light town read on D1 means literally nothing.

I'm gonna go look at a couple people and their posting (or not posting, in the case of pera) and see if I can't find a scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also I'm gonna ##unvote asiina because that was a jokephase vote and I don't think I agree with Tokes' reads on asiina.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote token female

hum is this a serious vote, I'm not sure and I would like to know

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also god everytime people call token female tokes, I keep wanting to call her tolly tokes

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

yuming posted:

This was in response to Tokes messing around.

For some reason, spoonsy is only interested in interacting with Token Female. All of spoonsy's content is attached to her role and posts.

The worst part: despite this being his only handhold in the thread, spoonsy makes no actual alignment calls.

"Hmm, that's kinda weird! Maybe I'd vote there." *radio static*

I'm reading spoonsy as scum who is using Tokes as a way to ground himself in the thread but he's failing at making any coherent reads.

##vote spoonsy

I'm interested to know what spoonsy's response is to my response to their question about alignments, but other than that, yeah, this is what I'm feeling. Suspicious about the shade without a vote.

##vote spoonsy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

If this has any weight to it, it would require them both to be scum imo.

You think so? I don't see it, personally. Would you elaborate for me?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

You think so? I don't see it, personally. Would you elaborate for me?

(the fact that the argument needs their alignment to be the same, that is, not that their alignment is the same)

(I feel like this clarification is just more confusing now and I'm not sure how to make it more clear other than to hope you get it)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Alruight then, I'll rectify that.

##vote solus

you awful person

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Iím allowing for the possibility that youíre lying about your role and alignment, but itís nothing personal

I've already basically said as much in an earlier post so I'll say it again so other people don't out themselves, but Tokes is telling the truth about this- I also don't think my flip would give details about that part of my, uh, power either?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Splendid, you can be the test case

##vote solus

:toot:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

jfc stop soft claiming you dumb fucks

lol I'd done it already once, might as well do it again

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

peramene posted:

lmao i didn't even notice nice

we are coming to the end of the day and this didn't end up materializing, up to and including no vote on me which is a little peculiar to me. i too am "suspicious of the shade without the vote" (only not really)

sandwolf and merk - ignoring each other, what do you think of solus as a candidate? there isn't much to go on but there also isn't much to go on

I actually did post on this, since Humalong is the one that twigged me the most. But I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting his vote as a real vote or a joke vote, because that tokes vote is awful

also I think you're reading too much into my gently shading your lurking, it is only day 1, mild lurking is whatever and I generally post that sort of stuff to remind myself to not forget about lurkers in general

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote Will get to this in a bit.

Tbh the only person I could be fence sitting on is Jen, who I admitted I would usually be itching to vote because of weird OMGUS stuff but that didn't serve me well last time. I invite you to re-read the situation though.

I liked her explanation post on why she voted them afterwards, but if I didn't urge her to make it, would she have ever expounded on it ever? I don't think "holding feet to the fire" is an accurate description of her votes at all. The response was good in a vacuum, but feels sort of "eh" to me leaving it on taste and not commenting further which is funny because I didn't like taste's reasoning BEFORE Jen responded with her vote back. It feels like a "Phew, I was in the crosshairs, going to lay low for a bit" sort of play/vote.

I also don't like the "content policing" posts from you, yuming, and Asiina. Asiina on Hal ignoring her "content question" (I don't think any player is beholden to respond to a general question as long as they are generating content elsewhere, nor should they be expected to cast a wide net on D1, I know I don't). I don't think it's scummy for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes, especially as someone who had a vote on Tokes prior to her claiming. I think it's weird if people don't comment on it, tbh. You included. We both had a vote on her. You responded "no" to Tokes post and left it at that.

Do you think she's a jester bullshitting? How do you feel about it? It's weird to ignore it completely. And her posting was obviously weird enough that it did concern me that people who have played with her in the past were straight up ignoring it as if that was normal Tokes behavior when it clearly wasn't.

I'm actually inclined to believe Tokes for now, but something doesn't feel right about voting out a potential "guaranteed town" that isn't completely like "you will be totally hosed if you don't do this" (which I understand if that could be exaggeration) but it just being "probably a good idea" is not enough to sway me from the potential of catching scum. I do like your case on Asiina though Tokes, I was going to make a similar one with her interacting with Sal as well as the posts you quoted. While I appreciate Asiina's early push to make it an actual game instead of a lurk-fest, it felt off to me with a lot of hand-wringing sort of opinions/comments that went nowhere.

##vote Asiina

Guaranteed town? What? What even is the beginning of that last paragraph? Why do you think Tokes is guaranteed town or alluded to such a thing?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Or wait did someone else claim guaranteed town because I'm lost

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

##unvote Token never answered me

hmm

hmmmmmm I don't believe that's why you're unvoting

##vote hum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Tokes literally said she was town wanting to be voted out a few times in her posts. Are you saying she is alluding to being town but not guaranteeing she is town? That's splitting hairs and being particular about phrasing.

ah okay, I was more thinking that someone was claiming a mechanical method, like confirmed masons or whatnot and I'd missed it, which is why I'm confused

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jen X posted:

Solus are you claiming to know her alignment

No, I'm claiming to have an idea of her role and what she's alluding to. I have no mechanical knowledge of her alignment, though I don't see her as scummy. The self-sacrifice feels more like misguided town.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

peramene posted:

so how about spoonsy

here's a case

loves spoons
'sussy spoonsy'
penguins are the real mafia

the most ........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the most damning thing about spoonsy is the lack of a return to wail on solus some more if nothing else

Well spoons is my second choice after hum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

For me, she seems a lot more forthright about it whereas his framing strikes me as more selective, if it makes sense

I am absolutely being selective with the information I'm willing to give out, to give as little as I can because I don't want to actually claim

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

##vote spoonsy

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Solus, I take this to mean that the gain your roll would have is tiny and small. Since you claim to know more about Token's roll than I do, what is your take on Token's saying she is inclined to use her power in a way that will hinder town? Should we be worried about that?

No, you should not.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Yeah, out of the four of us I don't think it's tokes, though I don't think she thought through her sacrifice all the way- I think she wanted it to be easier for us to use the NK, but didn't think enough of it through if one was scum. Hard to choose between jx and asiina, but given that scum tends to agree with me because I'm good at being wrong, I'd suspect asiina the most.

Don't think scum spoons would blow this up for apparent small benefit, unless they're fully flailing.

Would prefer hum at this point still and I'll switch off spoons for that: ##vote hum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

uhhhh this post changes gears quickly.

why hum?

Because hum and spoons were still my top two reads before spoons dropped all the dimes and I don't see a significant benefit for scum spoons to do this? By no means do we have to pick someone from these four and I don't understand why you and dgk seem to be implying that?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

I'm not implying that at all, and I thought Asiina was scummy BEFORE the whole thing. I don't know why you're trying to paint my actions as something they aren't.

Then I apologise and I read too much into your post. Thought the incredulity was because I picked someone nonmasonry.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I think all four of the people voting me rn are scummy, so, thatís a fun ďam I being OMGUS-yĒ feeling

probably, yeah

it's unlikely all of them are scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

So are we not gonna lunch one of the four people who share a kill or something?

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jen X posted:

What is even the case on solus?

I thought it was founded on his response to Tokes and to me that pretty blatantly stems from the masonry, but if there's something else, I'd like to hear it.

Same Q goes re:sandwolf, I've mostly just ignored him because his posts seemed like meta annoyance at merk and that's mindnumbing to read.

I suppose ##vote tokes, her asiina vote is a really incongruent play, I still think spoonsy should go though!

If we had more time, I'd actually suggest we shift the heat to hambeet since his play thus far has been negligible with a side of leading questions (or to taste, but even I can see my one woman crusade isn't bearing fruit there.)

and he didn't even get 'murica freedom day since he's an upside-downer

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

alright so nine minutes left, I ain't getting any traction on hum, out of the three at four left I think asiina is the scummiest, so: ##vote asiina

lol we need ten votes that ain't happening

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Clearly spells out SoLuS

agreed, more secret societies need to be in my name

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

Interestingly enough, we didn't kill JX- and assuming the cabal is scum, that means a third party did it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Our one option for a NK last night was merk, and we decided not to take it- let me be clear on JX's contributions to that discussion, though.

I started out both wanting and not wanting to kill merk, because I didn't really have a read on him
JX then agreed on not killing merk

However, we had an opportunity to induct someone new into the masonry, and I suggested merk if we weren't going to kill him.
JX said she didn't want to induct someone new, lest we mistakenly induct scum and scum takes over the masonry (because using the kill is majority vote).

So if merk's scum with JX, I can see not wanting to kill him. But if they're scum together, why wouldn't she want to induct him? The unpleasant possibility that raises its head to me is that I was wrong about Tokes and she's scum, and there was already a scum majority in the masonry, but if so, and merk's town, why didn't they just kill him anyway with the masonry and NK me?

Oh, also, merk, someone's got it out for you, because they submitted your name to us.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also the merk/JX/Tokes scum together theory is a lot of moving parts, and I'd rather see another flip or scummy results before I start hammering away on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Also if it wasn't clear I thought merk was scum and I still do.

You were one of the three people voting merk yesterday, so I figured you might be that person.

You only got to submit one name?