Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Somberbrero posted:

I put this game up unaware of the lowtax stuff. It sucks. If he's out I'll still run it here, otherwise I'll figure something out. This game will run somehow. Feel free to sign up still~

ok then signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

hi

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote peramene

starting strong

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

yuming was good as town in the one game I remember her from (winefia) so I hope she's on our side

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

why Jen X then?

Sandwolf posted:

Tokes is weird because it seems like it’s trying to engage with the question while purposefully dodging any information be pulled from their response. The follow-up cagey response by having “information” was worse.

Jen X’s weird because it’s just a weird phrasing. The forced use of “our side” struck me particularly.

uhhhh

##vote sandwolf

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

people have made the other points but additionally, it felt like he was setting up a dichotomy of “either Jen X or Tokes” - which felt scummiest to me

I suppose it would be hypocritical to not give you the benefit of the doubt interpretation-wise, fine

##vote taste

"strikes me as opportunistic" is bullshit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

t a s t e posted:

I think jen’s reaction to sandwolf’s post is a much stronger indicator than her reaction to mine. Omgus is a null tell

lol of course you do

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Are you implying that Sandwolf's posts/taste's posts are knowingly wrong/misguided from their pov and that means they're scum?

Here's an attempt to answer what I think you're asking:

I think taste is giving an overly dramatic flair to my reading of sandwolf's question as asking a question he himself has already answered, and I'm giving sandwolf the benefit of the doubt that he's asking the question other people seem to think he's asking (why is merk giving these specific choices) and not what I parsed it as (why Jen X at all). I'm doing this because the actual reason for why I said "on our side" is an aesthetic vocabulary choice stemming from a desire to avoid repeating the word town, I'm being given the benefit of the doubt on that reasoning, and I feel it best to reciprocate for the sake of being pleasant and fair.

Taste is spouting bullshit because there's nothing "opportunistic" about my vote, I saw what looked to be sandwolf asking an insincere question for brownie points and so voted him to prompt a response and further conversation. This is not opportunism; what am I gaining from this? What "opportunity" am I taking with it?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

merk posted:

Ok, so who is scum?

I am voting someone, friend

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

merk posted:

Got anything else?

not offhand, no

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Alright, lessee, assorted thoughts part 1:

tokes posted:

My role being removed from the game, specifically on day 1 and specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live, would enable the roles of a few other people who are most likely to be town. Essentially, without giving too much away about my role and other people’s roles, I see my role (and how I would play it) as getting in the way of and hindering other town roles. The circumstances of my role could and will likely change as the game goes on, but as it currently stands, I think that it would be a net-positive for the town to vote me out.

Tokes' attempt at ritual suicide by committee is very strange and I feel like, maybe, not the most thought through? Because it boils down to "I will play my role in a way that hurts town" and that's less a reason to die and more a reason to, I dunno, maybe play the role differently. I'd like to know if she's at all reconsidered her stance, or if this is, like, a martyr for her principles thing.

I'm inclined to ignore it all.

Sub Rosa posted:

Why not instead be inclined to play the roll in a way that, oh, I dunno, helps town?

lol thanks for summarizing my point, retroactively

MOVING ON

I really, really don't like Tokes' vote on Asiina for reasons I shouldn't elaborate on

Hal Incandenza posted:

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too

Hal what the heck is this post, no one cares what you're willing to do, we wanna know why

yuming posted:

I have no issue with Jen X's comment about me. Her voting Sandwolf reads neutral to me. The worst part of her posting was her tone of not wanting to engage with the early D1 pressure on her. But once she explained herself I think being a bit flippant initially is fair on a D1 that takes place over the 4th.

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

merk I don't think comes across as scummy.

I don't want to kill Tokes and don't think she's scum but that must be one weird role.

Here's yuming demonstrating a much more helpful type of post, where she actually explains her thoughts! I like this. I like her later elaboration on DGK a great deal, too.

yuming posted:

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

I can see it but also I don't think there's enough either way, I'd like him to talk more but his confusion about tokes reads genuine at least

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry but by your own words you lean scummy on me as default. For you to not have any self-awareness between these two posts is scummy dude. You always lean scummy on me, you think I’m scum here, but there’s no looping back to “do I actually think he’s scum or am I just thinking what I always do.”

I think pushing for me as scum is just the easiest place for you to put your feet up merk.

I'm slotting sandwolf in his own little corner of "mad at merk, feels like he's genuinely angry, cannot quite tell if 'mad at being caught' or 'mad at dumb pressure'"

~okay splitting post here~

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

assorts reads part 2:

I like Solus in this game! He's being a bit secretive but everything he's saying and poking at appears to me to be, well, good and reasonable to poke at

Asiina posted:

I can definitely see it. Focusing on that only is a really easy way to contribute without making alignment calls.

I don't see how this is true though? Why would they need to both be scum for Spoonsy to focus on Tokes' claim like that?

I'm not sure if the spoonsy thing is leading anywhere but I'm glad to see more responses for the future reference of a player more studious than I

I like this poking at sandwolf.

t a s t e posted:

I’d like to fundamentally disagree with whoever it was that said opportunism in mafia must be linked with riding a bandwagon. Taking a chance to try to start one is considerably more useful to scum, and though you may not think that occurred it’s nevertheless a foundational play for scum on a given day.

With respect to spoonsy’s alignment i had no thoughts going into it so I’ll take a look

taste comes roaring in to defend his vote on me, despite...no one really caring about it except me? This is odd but being unwilling to give up on an argument or accept being wrong is impossibly consistent with his overall personality, so, I don't think it's indicative of being nervous over how people are perceiving him

but being obnoxious is a null tell and I still think his vote on me is trash, so,

Spoonsy posted:

And I am still suspicious of whatever the heck Tokes is doing at the moment, but Solus' quick vote on me feels far too performative and looking to jump onto something that isn't them or Tokes. Something in my gut has them on the same side. I don't know what it is, but I can't shake it and it's not just OMGUS.

##vote SolusLunes

Spoonsy, why do you think tokes is scum? Reiterate, please!

SolusLunes posted:

I've already basically said as much in an earlier post so I'll say it again so other people don't out themselves, but Tokes is telling the truth about this- I also don't think my flip would give details about that part of my, uh, power either?

Solus are you claiming to know her alignment

IN SUMMARY:

I'm not convinced that tokes' claim is actually a town indicator, I don't really see a good case on solus, yuming is good, the entire merk/sandwolf thing is exhaustingly meta, I'd vote spoonsy if I had to abandon my white whale, and, speaking of, taste is annoying and has given me no reason to change my opinion on him

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It's the same thing with Jen's votes, I think I know what she is meaning to get at with her votes but if she's not inclined to explain it when she makes the vote, it'll make people wonder what the use of the vote is or where it's coming from or where it will even pick up steam. If there is no intention of it picking up steam or being a legit candidate, why sit on it? They just seem performative.

I did explain why I voted, I just didn't do so exhaustively, gosh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I mean, yeah, you could say that.

lol, fair

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote: spoonsy

I don't see the solus case, I really don't see the merk case (he feels...like merk, I don't really have any thoughts on him), I could buy sandwolf but I feel like him complaining all day about a meta-argument with merk is too dumb to treat as indicative of anything, and that's everyone with more than 1 vote

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

Zack, take a look at this. It's a spoon in the coffee. A spoon... in the coffee. A coffee spoon. Interesting.

lmao

anyway fwiw spoonsy is actually telling the truth, though I have no idea how he has this info, but it's a weird unconfirmed masonry (talk only at night, privately vote for kill target) not a team

it's why solus poking at tokes for being weird about her presence in it (presumably) is totally fine in my books and tokes voting for asiina — after directly wishing to die to aid asiina (and solus and me) is such a strange thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

yuming posted:

:psyduck:

Or spoonsy is caught scum making up poo poo about the one player he’s commented on extensively and the last three votes on him.

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

t a s t e posted:

If there’s scum among the 4 of you, who is it?

I think it's tokes, if anyone

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asiina posted:

Also ugh, I didn't consider that Spoonsy might have gotten this info from whoever the mole is in our group, but again, why blow up their spot instead of seeing if they can influence our kill to be on some town. It doesn't really make sense as a scum move.

Scrambling to survive, probably, seeing the rush focus on him and trying to distract and confuse

I think tokes’ insistence on dying was a high-stakes ruse, because, to reiterate (I sure hope), it contrasts heavily with her voting for asiina, one of the people tokes’ death would nominally aid

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

What is even the case on solus?

I thought it was founded on his response to Tokes and to me that pretty blatantly stems from the masonry, but if there's something else, I'd like to hear it.

Same Q goes re:sandwolf, I've mostly just ignored him because his posts seemed like meta annoyance at merk and that's mindnumbing to read.

I suppose ##vote tokes, her asiina vote is a really incongruent play, I still think spoonsy should go though!

If we had more time, I'd actually suggest we shift the heat to hambeet since his play thus far has been negligible with a side of leading questions (or to taste, but even I can see my one woman crusade isn't bearing fruit there.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asiina posted:

There's obviously something going on with this masonry, and we hadn't even gotten a chance to explore it before she decided "actually this is anti-town and I want no part of it" which is dumb as hell.

she actually seems to have decided "this is pro-town and I want no part of it because I will use it poorly" which is absurd, because, like, we can literally talk to each other, decide publicly on a target, and one person privately being a faithless voter then doesn't do poo poo, she can give up her agency

I don't really see why she would actually want to die, therefore I do not think she actually wanted to die, combine with voting you (undercutting her nominal sacrifice) and I think it was a gambit

t a s t e posted:

The manner in which he handled it seems scummier to me than tokes or asii and now with the knowledge of what was being kept from us I feel more strongly in that regard

I don't really see that as a case on him so much as a case for him in a dichotomy that doesn't exist, but thank you for at least answering!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

That was unpleasant.

I don't think I'll be playing in one of these again.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh, and Sub Rosa, you impressed the heck out of me.

That's about all I have to say, I think, this wasn't particularly fun and death millers are a bad mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Podima posted:

Somber is good and cool.

yeah