Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
let's play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
toss a vote to your bitch witch
oh valley of ravens

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Here is a shitpost for day 1

I’ll be back in a day or so

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i have arrived and intend to at least make a modicum showing of day 1's remainder tho it doesn't look good

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
so we got votes on almost half the game but i guess i'll start with the leaders

merk - playing and responding to questions and the like
solus - has some relevant relation to token's mysterious maybe-not-good role

of these two, I'd prefer to vote solus, because that'd be a really cool trick to pull, sortakindabutnotreally securing a token cuddle with a fake soft claim, idk, solus is clever its possible. what ya gonna do with d1

sandwolf - there's a merk and sandwolf conflict that smacks of slapfight, but they both appear to be trying to play so whatcha gonna do
token - super seriously the most mysteriousy and i was sure asking to get tapped day1 was a good way to get tapped. pretty confident she's not a jester but i have been heinously wrong about that before; but also i really wanted to play with token so it'd be a shame to just oust on command. idk. i dont wanna do it, which seems to be the consensus so cool.

spoonsy -

Spoonsy posted:

Solus, do you and Tokes share an alignment?

hmmmmmm i had this thought too hmmmmmm

but that's really it with spoonsy. not an especially passionate presentation from the get-solus crew but i think i might be among their number

doin a deeper dive

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

also god everytime people call token female tokes, I keep wanting to call her tolly tokes

lmao i didn't even notice nice

SolusLunes posted:

Don't know. I don't have any mechanical knowledge of her alignment. On a read level? Yeah, I think so, but a light town read on D1 means literally nothing.

I'm gonna go look at a couple people and their posting (or not posting, in the case of pera) and see if I can't find a scum.

we are coming to the end of the day and this didn't end up materializing, up to and including no vote on me which is a little peculiar to me. i too am "suspicious of the shade without the vote" (only not really)

sandwolf and merk - ignoring each other, what do you think of solus as a candidate? there isn't much to go on but there also isn't much to go on

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
operating on the probably-inaccurate assumption that solus is done for the day and preparing for the possibility that i get distracted, i'll go ahead and drop a vote

##vote solus

but I'm not crazy about it

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I keep thinking of Doakes from Dexter lol

surprise motherfucker

t a s t e posted:

Tolly tokes was the Logang masquerade right

ye.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Tokes do you believe there can be multiple of you in this game/Solus could be one, too?

this is a good question

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
definitely not voting asiina-contributing-on-d1 except to prevent a nokill i GUESS

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
where are we at on time compared to tonight's other festivities??

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
not very much time at all drat. okay uh if not Solus then i guess I'll look at merk/sandwolf next

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Can anyone actually explain the Solus vote?

solus did a sorta kinda softclaim as a way to give token some backup, a move that some have called "confusing"; it's not a very big or good case

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather not execute sub rosa d1 if it's truly their second game

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
so how about spoonsy

here's a case

loves spoons
'sussy spoonsy'
penguins are the real mafia

the most ........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the most damning thing about spoonsy is the lack of a return to wail on solus some more if nothing else

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Why does his backing up Tokes make him scummy?

there's about as many reasons for it going scummy as going ~misguided town~ but i think it was the wrong call to make

I think I have come around on this particular coin

##vote spoonsy

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

I'd rather you not execute me because I'm town, but I'll take it. (Yes, it's my second ever game.)

welcome! nice avatar :)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_Jin1P1R4

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

Did you watch The Genius?

oh you'll get along with the rest of us just fine

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Zack, take a look at this. It's a spoon in the coffee. A spoon... in the coffee. A coffee spoon. Interesting.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sj89hMVYhI

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
no scum team mafia

somber you beautiful bitch

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
that truly does suck what a cool mechanic

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

What happens if the vote is tied? Is it plurality or majority?

so the kill goes through once a certain number of votes (51% rounded up) come in; in this case for today it's ten votes, so it's not possible to tie

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

I mean in regards to their unconfirmed masonry NK

man i look dumb as poo poo now

##unvote

Token Female posted:

I was similarly excited when I saw you sign up.

!!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
38 minutes what are we DOING :aaa:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
this game is for the birds!!!!!!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##vote asiina

bleh

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
will asiina's prophecy come to pass???

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

V. no faking day actions, immediate modkill unless it's really funny.
VI. death millers?

did ya'll not know you were signing up for madness that tasted like candy

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
popping in for just a moment to confirm that I did indeed visit jen!!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
indeed i did not kill Jen

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

yuming posted:

I read the coins as a sign they were in the masonry since their role isn’t mason.

this is my operating theory as well

I did not send the midday note to spoonsy, if I had a midday note ability I'd have leaned towards somebody I'd worked with in the past like say Asiina or what have you. tho i guess that's a stupid example because asiina was in the foursome. but i definitely don't just randomly shoot it out. that whole note business is screwy to me.

yesterday was a v. busy day for me and I figured we had time, but I notice token's using the same line lmao

obviously Don't Vote For Me but god ya'll capitalizing my p is so annoying

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I've seen anybody do it yet but if the flip was janitored or death miller'd hypothetically then the zalgotext would be a good mysterious indication of that. Do remember that we're working within a flavorful masterpiece and not your standard rodeo

let's talk about DBD

Deadbeat Dad posted:

One last thought before sleep: If people are going to vote me under the assumption of there not being any death millers and being Jen X's scumbuddy and we're ignoring pera (or Taste, if he claims to have been there), where the gently caress did the kill come from?

operating under the assumption that jen was scum and was the scum sent out to do the night kill, a paranoid gun owner type role would've done it, wouldn't it? And you definitely wouldn't want to say that outright whether you did or didn't have multiple charges because you'd like to draw more scum in to try and getcha so you can get em

I'm guilty of it a lot but I really don't like DBD teasing having more information but also straight up claiming

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Crane, Soul Camera Night Witch.

wacky how i missed this before ##vote DBD hey guys its a bad idea to claim which bird you are especially if you're scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i know somber said don't hang ourselves on flavor but also come on

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress now i gotta find something else interesting to talk about to meet my quota, i wasn't prepared to have it flap into my lap like that

jesus i cannot read through people fighting with merk it's like a goddamn encyclopedia

the more I read DBD the more the Wacky Bullshit feels like cover, and feels like exactly what I would do in that position

one advantage to voting dbd is we get the details behind jen's flip and get that question The gently caress answered, that'd be nice.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

Why is Crane a scummy bird?

How are you sure DBD's flip answers that question?

...does it not absolutely? maybe I'm missing something, but getting to see DBD's role PM should put truth to the idea, shouldn't it?

re: crane - I don't want to say too much, but claiming your bird is bad bad bad, it blows the whole game up.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

Without saying too much, then, do stork (for asiina, town flip) and bulbul (for JX, scum flip) make sense?

also what the gently caress is a bulbul

bulbul makes sense in that that is the result i got, stork is absent from my list which is why i was so hesitant to kill asiina.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

We don't get full role PM's with flips, and even if DBD flips town, apparently both vanilla town and cabal goon are feasible in regards to reporting vanilla powers, so no we wouldn't have any more of an idea.

tch loving duh sara

thank you rosa

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

Are you claiming Bounty Hunter right now!?

i am not a bounty hunter and i have no killing ability, only an investigative one. i get birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

What list?

I have a list of evil birds and I can try to find them at day and at night. I know two living players' bird. i am coming for the rest of you. soon i will know all the birds

Token Female posted:

This is just a post I like.

uwu thank you for noticing