Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

Hmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

Well, unless it wasn’t one of their own as is now being suggested.

That’s going to mess with my reads about yesterday’s interactions.

Also why dkg?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh he said the coin thing maybe linked him to the masonry. Okay.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

To be safe, I am assuming 50% scum in that group. I was unwilling to move my vote off of Asiina, mostly because I thought they were scum but at the end because no matter what happened there was/is something to learn from interactions around her.

I agree that at the end of D1 Asiina came off more town. I became increasingly convinced Jen was scum due to her posting, and voiced my suspicion. Which resulted in me being roleblocked last night. I am suspicious of Solus based on the Jen/Solus interactions.

SolusLunes posted:

He didn't vote them, he submitted the name that we voted on. We don't actually get to pick a person, just to vote one person on the list of people provided to us. Which was just merk last night.

Totally lied about it being flavor of my character, it was directly in my role PM. I wasn't sure about it before going through a night and seeing how things worked, but I wanted to put that out there in case I died and one of my masonbuds could confirm it.

DKG, How did you submit a name to the masonry if you were roleblocked last night?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

You uh, didn't see the post where I said the reward from the cryptography was the coin and submitting a name? Which is not a part of my role.

No I saw that part, but was thinking that submitting a name at night is still a night action.

I see your point, but I’m not sure I’ve seen such a strict definition of roleblock before.

Like if an inventor gave you a tool, that’s not part of your role but could still be roleblocked.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe this is another bizarre auspol thing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

So, I have a role that I attempted to use. Submitting a name was a day action, which had to be used before the day ended.

Hmm I guess logistically that makes sense to make sure the night goes smoothly and the masonry have time to discuss the name, if I’ve got the mechanics of it correct.

Ok back to my read through.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

I also have a bad feeling about Rosa but I haven't been able to anchor WHY exactly I think they're scum.

:same:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

How did that thinking go?

i don't think they thought that hard because

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm thinking hal

## vote hal

Reasons

1. Criminally low post count. I know I know that's not enough of a reason on its own but

2. the posts have poor content. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=49279

3. Votes jenx and then unvotes, moves around

Looking at how he's interacting with sandwolf seems like the way I'd play scum if I were them. So. I think hal and sandwolf.

like, that case is the equivalent of waving your arms around vaguely

not a fan of their posting tbh. except for that hal vote they've not made a single read today, and yesterday they voted sandwolf because he doesn't like people who write too much and merk's case was good. he rides that vote out until day end.

they've spent the majority of their posts today (over a quarter of their total post count too) on this:

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

I feel like every game I play someone says "make me death miller lol" so I naturally ASSumed it was a joke

cut me some slack it was two pages that I missed ~ BY ACCIDENT ~

I would never quit mafia

I don't wanna vote on my skeleton-av buddy

I think I didn't get a chance to read their post histories yet

because mafia games here are 75% explaining to each other how to play mafia

this was the closest thing to a read (and that's being really generous)

In Merk's chatter with sandwolf up ther I walked away feeling merk was more towny than sandwolf. but I thought that D1 and maybe I just made that decision d1 and looking for confirmation bias.

Too early to vote on ppl

##vote nevergirlsofficial

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I’m still very suss of Hal and Hum for opposite reasons (lurking)

they're definitely quieter than usual and that's driving me cbonkers

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

OMG Hal is like the towniest person in the game for the timing of his Jen vote.

We are just not on the same wavelength at all this game.

what? why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

I think pera is the one who sent spoonsy the message D1 based on some of her D1 posts.

I have a neutral read on pera otherwise and I’d like to see her respond to recent events.

gently caress, this is the one i wanted to quote.

why?

was it this?

peramene posted:

there's about as many reasons for it going scummy as going ~misguided town~ but i think it was the wrong call to make

I think I have come around on this particular coin

##vote spoonsy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm running out of steam on this catch up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal because he's played more games than anyone else and therefore is probably the best at being scum.

lol i also note hal was ngo's pick to asiina's content game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm tunnelling, but omitted this from my mass quote of NGO because it was game related / content

my flavor seems to imply there is an sk in this game

it was an interesting thing to drop, but i don't see anyone comment on it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress i'm skimming the last two pages.

of the vote leaders:

dbd has come across as over-reacting and i want to think more on their claim.

pera's fairly absent today and her posting yesterday is a bit light. we've got two results confirming her visit even though one of them is from hum who lol is absent too.

i'd probably lean pera if it comes down to the wire, but am voting ngo currently for their play so far!

bonus round:
taste i'm not sure what the case is tbh, out side of visiting the night kill. also i'm not super keen on sub rosa and they're one of the two people voting taste.

other thoughts:

spoonsy loving up the names is, wow, interesting to see. i don't know what i think about that. i don't know how you gently caress that up. claiming it was from hums confirmation, who he quoted, and put hum's name first on the list. ehhhh.

hal, why you calling me out when i have been posting more than you? why not tokes? why not humalong? (although i like the post you just made about sub rosa picking taste's name out of a hat.)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

awwwww

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so who else do you think hal?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey it's the a team! wb humalong.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

cross checking scum chat with the thread takes time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

generally it's scum that are most interested in hunting sk. town just happy to take down anyone, tbh.

and my just lol is to you two bumbling out here and casually dropping back to back votes on dbd

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Eh, I htink we should cuddle Spoonsy or DBD today, and of the two DBD comes across as more problematic to me.

why are you completely and utterly uninterested in peramene?

you've mentioned everyone else, multiple times I think but never pera.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually looking back at it, not multiple times

you've hit up taste for slight bussing, spoonsy and dbd you only mention in that vote now.

no thoughts on pera?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

where's the buddying up? i was leaning town on yuming

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also i completely forgot about tokes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

She's largely been echoing Merk and vice-versa. But reading her again I noticed something else that feels wrong to me about her which I will post in a moment.

the only odd thing in her posts, and i misquoted it before, was her read of hal.

i don't have a town read on hal, nor a scum read. i don't know how anyone could be solid on hal any which way so far this game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dbd is the scummiest person imho

why?

I cant get a read on why you think this, all I see is you quoting a couple of people and then voting for the vote leader

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

I'm less worried about pera based on the fact they didn't freak out in thread over the whole thing, and I didn't see anything in my skim review of the end of day events that jumped out about a jen/pera relationship.

Hmmm okay.

It would be nice to see pera return.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol bulbul means penis in Hebrew

Lol what? I thought it meant bird

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

This post I am mildly scummy and Merk is not. The very next post by her:

So she specifically calls me out in this post as possible scum, but doesn't want to vote me.

Mentions me as scum again.

So yea I just said to Asiina we don't have to vote one of the masonry out but something does stand out to me:

But then she turns around and uses me as justification for dropping a vote on Asiina??? Like I don't follow.

Sorry I didn’t respond to this before.
I think I want to go back and reread yuming now, but it’s midnight and I’ve got work tomorrow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

morning. i'm here, i'm here.

i see pera is in the lead, will vote as stated yesterday but sorta kinda wanna catch up too, first. i might just skim with this deadline.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

This isn't scum hunting.

yep. i'm super keen on an ngo lynch, but it's not going to happen today.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

peramene posted:

bulbul makes sense in that that is the result i got, stork is absent from my list which is why i was so hesitant to kill asiina.

okay skimming ahead. i'm not super keen on pera's claim. i also don't think this here was a slip (the kill part), but I'm super curious as to know how she knew asiina was a stork before and in my quick skim of posts from pera i didn't see her respond to that question. yeah?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

One thing that I’m trying to keep in mind is that since Jen X is the scum group and the masonry. The scum group probably know everything about the masonry already. This makes me suspicious of spoonsy’s claim about getting a message in the middle of the day. If spoonsy is scum, then spoonsy can make the claim and get the heat off of him and on to the masons (note Jen X was the only mason that didn’t really have any heat on them during the deadline. There was a lot of weirdness from me that they probably thought they could exploit, which is what I think happened.

Is it? Maybe this is hind sight being 20/20. But this seems like Yuming just wants to vote out a person in the masonry regardless. Yuming is also the one to really get people to vote for Asiina later, so I feel like this is of note.

Here is the case.

Here’s one of the first votes after for asiina.

Yuming’s case for Asiina feels protective of spoonsy. When reading it over I did feel like this was steering away from me. I also feel like if Jen X wasn’t night killed that I was going to be voted out today. These posts make me feel uneasy. Yuming did make the original case against spoonsy though. At any rate. I feel weird about them. Also they both float or contribute to the theory about death millers, while many others do dismiss it. (hum also does).

So did DGK, and I feel like this post does a good summary.

Merk laso later makes a case today about spoonsy for not doing anything with his information after he posted it, and not making any scumhunting other than than vote I showed about on asiina.

The boon, which was already posted about by DGK what it does by this point. There’s no other reason to assume that there are day actions. Merk backs off quickly after this post.

Also interesting softclaim and followthrough with hum’s claim just before this. I don’t have a comment really, but I think that it’s of note.

Interesting mechanic. Also more softclaiming.

Tl;dr:
-I think that spoonsy hasn't done any scum hunting.
-I think he's trying to out power roles to make confusion elsewhere
-I don't think the day action make sense.
-also there's a weird connection with Yuming, but I don't know what to make of it.

##vote spoonsy

hmmmm i kinda like this case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

I actually do believe peramene didn't kill JenX. I think it was the last Harry Potter game that I read that had competing bounty hunters who had lists of people to kill, and they could do the name investigation at night. Had limited bullets but getting the people on their list lunched also counted. So I think peramene is 3P but not JenX's killer.

Sub Rosa posted:

##vote paramene

i'm confused by these two posts, in order. like i know the first post doesn't contradict you then voting peramene, but it doesn't flow..?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

I still get dkg 10 years later. For some reason my brain reads your name with a capital P but I'm trying

yeah sorry i've done it a handful of times this game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

That does make JenX doing the kill is back on the table in my mind

what?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

t a s t e posted:

specific posts aside, Freudian slips aside, theremin has engaged in the entire game with a half-in half-out spirit which to me always points to guarded intent. Town have no need for that

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

peramene posted:

Just the way I talk, no special significance to coin. Super curious to learn why you're so invested post-game

i asked about the coin earlier on, (but in relation to yuming thinking you were the messenger). i was curious because we've had two flips with people holding coins, and that phrasing isn't one i'm familiar with.

so looking back on it now, it sort of looks like you were bread crumbing about the coin, a key symbol of the masonry, before the masonry was even announced.