Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

extra important everyone joins the discord!

Also I will sign up to play this wherever it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am the discord

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can we play some bridge to pass the time during this epic D1?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel like it should be pretty small if it took five guesses

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

my dumb rear end was trying to work out a crytogram backwards because it was the only way to make a word out of dzdaa

The triple ďdĒ in one word would be tough...

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

aw man I missed it

Anyway, imma ##vote Hal who hasn't participated in content game but was around for talking about the mechanics of this day event.

I also agree with scumalong's vote and think it is a good one.

So you are voting me for being around at a certain time and not the other. My defense is I was around last night and busy before that

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I see the points about tokes bit as always wouldn't scum NOT try to be so cagey and difficult? What is tokes gaining from these exchanges as scum

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Well I was going to respond to this by saying that unlike in When Mods Collide merk didn't start immediately flailing, and then I finished reading the thread.

##vote merk

So you are saying merks recent bout of effort posting is flailing? In what way?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat it Asiina

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Thatís townie points for Jen X in my book imo, thatís a pretty good post

Expound please. It is a well written post but any post that starts by throwing shade on the question being answered is already a little suspicious in my book. The rest of the first paragraph is just a flowery way to brush aside concerns. What was the "townie" part?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Iím allowing for the possibility that youíre lying about your role and alignment, but itís nothing personal

How can you play mafia if you aren't going to believe people smh

I have not thought about Spoonsy this game, let me review this case

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hum Iím sorry I donít really get your case on Solus there

Yeah I don't think token or solus are good votes today. What they are doing is way more townie than scum at this point

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not loving the Spoonsy vote

##vote SubRosa I think that's better

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

Zack, take a look at this. It's a spoon in the coffee. A spoon... in the coffee. A coffee spoon. Interesting.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry was this interception N0 or during the day today?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Guys maybe I was wrong about Spoonsy

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah Spoonsy looks better now, sucks having that role outted but it doesn't really make it less effective

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Sandwolf

I have reassess tokes/solus in light of this revealing info but gut still says they played this townie

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

So spicy I can't handle it

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm not sure Sandwolf knows who is voting him

or are these two posts unrelated?

I don't think they are related, he's ranking the masonbros

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello sorry been a long day, just caught up

Spoonsy needs to come back and elaborate on why the DBD visit is so suspicious to him, as opposed to say Pera.

DBDs response and hard push on death millers definitely feels like trying to scramble to find a redirect for sure though

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Thereís no risk to his play because he can cite ~scum interference~ with incorrect or absent claims

The whole oops not hum it was DBD bit seems natural though

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm willing to accept that "Cabal Goon = Vanilla" potentially, but like I said, it wouldn't make sense in context if Jen had any sort of power.

I'm just asking you guys to at least accept the possibility of weird poo poo and not vote me out because of posts connecting me and Jen. If it's scummy poo poo besides that, fine, but I do not want to go home because of me being falsely tied to someone.

I would think cabal goon would be vanilla for sure

I missed your claim when I reread earlier, thisales me feel a bit better about you

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I imagine you watching this with the same scrutiny as like a criss angel trick on youtube

I'll figure out how he does it eventually, you'll see

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like the Pera case, and I don't like her pop in to confirm the visit with nothing else, that never looks good

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is driving me in circles, the logical part of me thinks going after anyone who visited a flipped scum is likely to be a waste (yes there are scum roles that might want to visit each other but it's not likely) but the dumb death miller line in the OP just ruins that. Out of the three alleged visitors though Pera definitely looks the worst posting-wise

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

It's hard to know what to make of spoonsy this game, but taste seems scummiest to me of the people that visited Jen, so I think taste is the killer. I don't know if as a SK who hit scum and scum failed in their NK, or if it's night miller stuff and taste is on the scum team. I think seeing the flip of the person who killed Jen could shed light on the night miller stuff.

##vote taste

Didn't love SubRosa yesterday and this makes me feel it stronger. Even if this logic of seeing who killed Jen was sound, taste seems like a name pulled out of a hat and I have no idea why he'd be better than Pera or DBD

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I think I was wrong about sandwolf yesterday, I feel pretty good about him being town today

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hambeet where are you?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

end of d1 vs right now postcounts

by my count pera, hal, amni, and hum are all under 10 posts for today as of now. there's some time left, just letting you know.

Oh yeah, how about now?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wasn't calling you out, I was lonely and no one else was likely to be around

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok so Pera and SubRosa for two

Nevergirls looks pretty sus too, I was mixing them up with Rosa a bit in my mind, but NGO has some wishy washy posts and I think after all that happened in this game which is a lot, falling back into a lurker vote for me is a sign of someone struggling to generate fake opinions

Beyond that things get murkier for me

Tokes fade into the background has been her scum MO recently, I could see it there but I'd still be surprised by her early "kill me" plea yesterday, but maybe she's good enough to know we were unlikely to follow through. Very interested to see where she goes from here

Beet, you have been a little less present and freewheeling than I expect from you, but you've also been posting into an echo chamber a lot this game so that may be it, and I've agreed with a lot of your takes. Your my outside scum read now

I feel solid about Sandwolf, tentatively good about taste, yuming, Spoonsy. DBDs last few posts from the claim on make me feel better about him

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hey it's the a team! wb humalong.

Clearly we are the H team, smh

Hopefully we get more from hmmmmalong

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Eh, I htink we should cuddle Spoonsy or DBD today, and of the two DBD comes across as more problematic to me.

Why is this the dichotomy? There are plenty of reasons they could both be telling the truth.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Wait, what? Why would a role cop report vanilla on scum if it isn't hosed with?

Scum isn't a role. Traditionally a scum with no role is a goon like a town with no role is a vanilla.

So DBD getting back no power would fit visiting either vanilla town or scum goon

I don't know if DBDs result was literally "vanilla" but even if it was I assume the mod would do that anyway because a return of "goon" would essentially be a regular cops result

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now that I've showered and I'm more awake I'm not feeling as good about DBD. That claim took a long time to get around to, and since he's an experienced mod I think it's unlikely he wouldn't even have considered Jen being a goon something that would give him a "vanilla" result.

I didn't see it happen in real time but after the Spoonsy revelation I think he'd realize it was at least feasible he got redirected given his results instead of just saying it was impossible, he didn't get around to figuring that out until after his own claim, etc

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Why I think deadbeat dad is scum

1. He keeps bringing up this death miller nonsense which I truly believe is nonsense. He's bringing it up more than anybody else. I see this as scum tactic to make us not trust what we actually know about the game. Yumings post that I quoted says it well.

2. I am making an assumption that merk and spoonsy are town, based on my reads, and dbd's interaction at least with merk makes me read him as scummy. for example the post I quoted where I voted for him.

3. defends jenx https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506292735 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506313940

If you believe the watching results why did DBD visit JenX if they were both scum? And which of taste and Pera is lying about killing Jen?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

How about dbd was redirected, he wanted to kill town, killed jenx instead

Possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Unless spoonsy thinks he's going down. That doesn't fit with DBD as scum very well, however.

Yeah Spoonsy seems like a stretch