Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

INSIDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Role received!

>>> no jokephase-vote crew <<<

Tryin to make a change

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Can I just say votefinder is the objectively best / highest quality goon project ever

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

gonna be honest here, the wind is out of my sails due to recent events on the internet and real life

I don't know you so I'm gonna be honest here too, is this setting the stage for some potentially suspiciously-low post counts

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

gently caress around and find out.

wellity wellity wellity

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

So let's not waste this D1, even if it's extra long. It looks like Somber put a lot of work into this flavour, which is very cool, and so I don't want it to be a lurky game.

Open question for everyone because I haven't played in a while and honestly don't have meta reads on most of you: who are you hoping isn't scum this game and why?

I feel like it's probably merk for me because he can either be disengaged or really aggro as a player, as either alignment and both I have a really hard time reading, especially the latter, since I tend to have a lot of doubt in my own reads when someone pushes back on them.

Hal because he's played more games than anyone else and therefore is probably the best at being scum.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Is there gonna be a lot of these secret message things? I want a small boon too.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

I got something small for you right here

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Saying anything is "opportunistic" when there's no bandwagon or clear direction on anyone, is stupid.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

merk posted:

--THE POST SANDWOLF DIDN'T READ--

--NOW BACK TO THE CONTEXT--

These last two bullshit posts scream scum to me. I've bolded especially hot bullshittery for you to see with your own eyes.

Reasons why bolded is bullshit:
1. "people have made other points" but he won't comment on them at all.
2. "dichotomy of Jen X or Tokes" as some ultimatum d1 strategy of mine on literally my first posts of the game
3. He doesn't comment on the "arguments." Also, I only made one argument for her being scum and it's plain as day.

There ya go. This isn't a real case. This is a made up one, a lazy one at that. It's like he read the cliff notes to the game and then started bullshitting once the teacher asked him to explain himself.

this post I like

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

One of my least favorite things about mafia threads is that even when someone makes long-rear end posts I have to read the whole thing. Token why wouldn't you fullclaim if you're going through this whole rigamarole? Is it somehow supposed to be good for mafia if you fullclaim? But if we do what you want you'll flip at the end of the day so we'll all know ANYWAY... right?

I still like Merk's case on sandwolf and will put my vote there at this point in time

## vote Sandwolf

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

also god everytime people call token female tokes, I keep wanting to call her tolly tokes

I keep thinking of Doakes from Dexter lol

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

So it just occurred to me you're the first person to talk about me. Weird.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Like 2 pages of flavor and then a role that I don't know what it does because my eyes glazed over during 2 pages of flavor.

did you really get 2 pages of flavor and does that mean somber doesn't love me

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Iíd like to fundamentally disagree with whoever it was that said opportunism in mafia must be linked with riding a bandwagon. Taking a chance to try to start one is considerably more useful to scum, and though you may not think that occurred itís nevertheless a foundational play for scum on a given day.

With respect to spoonsyís alignment i had no thoughts going into it so Iíll take a look

I said the bandwagon thing, but I accept your point and agree with you now

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Never, whanna tell me what you liked about Merkís case on me?

I liked how he called you out on your bullshit and wrote it in easy to digest post for me

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Good morning

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Thinking about jenx relationship to spoonsy, hambeet, tokes.

also thinking about solus and merk

Jen X posted:

What is even the case on solus?

I thought it was founded on his response to Tokes and to me that pretty blatantly stems from the masonry, but if there's something else, I'd like to hear it.

Same Q goes re:sandwolf, I've mostly just ignored him because his posts seemed like meta annoyance at merk and that's mindnumbing to read.

I suppose ##vote tokes, her asiina vote is a really incongruent play, I still think spoonsy should go though!

If we had more time, I'd actually suggest we shift the heat to hambeet since his play thus far has been negligible with a side of leading questions (or to taste, but even I can see my one woman crusade isn't bearing fruit there.)

Jen X posted:

##vote: spoonsy

I don't see the solus case, I really don't see the merk case (he feels...like merk, I don't really have any thoughts on him), I could buy sandwolf but I feel like him complaining all day about a meta-argument with merk is too dumb to treat as indicative of anything, and that's everyone with more than 1 vote

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

hang on, how did you know this was a thing? did I miss something?

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

I don't think merk is scum because if he is, then why wouldn't jenx want him in the masonry? Unless the masonry is made up

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Tokes now that N1 has passed and you're alive is there anything more you can share about your role

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

If you mean that they have a masonry,

aaaah thow did spoonsy know that four people share a kill?!
I missed all these posts

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Though now I'm curious what flavor Solus could be referring to that indicates a possible fifth member, if that member is DGK from getting the boon, since I wouldn't expect Solus to have received new flavor between DGK winning the boon and Solus stating that.

I read the flavor in the op and didn't see anything about four people masonry. even if it was like, the heads of the 3 houses, that's still three people.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

thanks I was working my way backwards and found it

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Gonna say spoonsy is town because the information he gave was true and also good for town

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

In retrospect, back when Matrix Mafia was run however many years ago, I wish I had done exactly this as the Godfather/self aligned SK

my flavor seems to imply there is an sk in this game

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

Oh it think itís unlikely but itís weird to joke about... I didnít even notice it before.

I feel like every game I play someone says "make me death miller lol" so I naturally ASSumed it was a joke

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I also still donít like Hum or Hal, being more lurky and more noncommittal than usual.

epic thissary

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Like I know this is late but read the game you're in it isn't long.

cut me some slack it was two pages that I missed ~ BY ACCIDENT ~

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Him and I got into an argument in a game, and it got pretty nasty. It ended up with him blocking me mid-game and iirc he quit mafia like right after.

lol

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Him and I got into an argument in a game, and it got pretty nasty. It ended up with him blocking me mid-game and iirc he quit mafia like right after.

I would never quit mafia

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I tracked peramene to JenX last night

oh

Spoonsy posted:

Since this is in the open, I saw Hum, Peramene, and taste all visit Jen last night.

huh

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Tokes now that N1 has passed and you're alive is there anything more you can share about your role

bump

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

In Merk's chatter with sandwolf up ther I walked away feeling merk was more towny than sandwolf. but I thought that D1 and maybe I just made that decision d1 and looking for confirmation bias.

Too early to vote on ppl

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

I don't wanna vote on my skeleton-av buddy

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

merk posted:

How did that thinking go?
I think I didn't get a chance to read their post histories yet

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

So you think instead of actually having knowing he just made two very risky guesses and claimed a roll that would result in an expectation that on future days more very risky guesses would need to be made? Seems very farfetched.

yeah that doesn't make sense

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

merk posted:

I donít understand why I have to explain this concept every mafia game.

because mafia games here are 75% explaining to each other how to play mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvrgrls
Apr 24, 2004

peramene posted:

popping in for just a moment to confirm that I did indeed visit jen!!

did you kill her also