Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
that is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bumping for day crew

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring
Up
My
Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
This should really be stickied.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

this guy sounds like a real piece of poo poo i hope he gets perma'd

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

If anybody cares given the current mess regarding Lowtax and more domestic abuse:

Kaedric posted:

https://breadnroses.net/

Go to an offsite that was created in reaction to the lovely moderation and nazis on SA instead of one created because people weren't allowed to be nazi enough, for a change.

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

BreadnRoses already has a lot of people who've moved over, seems rad and actually has good QOL features SA doesn't have (e.g. a dark mode). If you want to register they're letting everyone in for free while GBS burns and the entire admin/mod team is in some kind of standoff with Lowtax for apparently beating a third woman so yeah.

They're opening up the new forum for the flood of new users. People using the same name as their SA name will be approved asap. If you choose a different name just PM WampaLord to let him know and he'll let you through.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

SUNKOS posted:

If anybody cares given the current mess regarding Lowtax and more domestic abuse:

BreadnRoses already has a lot of people who've moved over, seems rad and actually has good QOL features SA doesn't have (e.g. a dark mode). If you want to register they're letting everyone in for free while GBS burns and the entire admin/mod team is in some kind of standoff with Lowtax for apparently beating a third woman so yeah.

They're opening up the new forum for the flood of new users. People using the same name as their SA name will be approved asap. If you choose a different name just PM WampaLord to let him know and he'll let you through.

I have no proof, but that site was spun off during some C-SPAM drama and one of the mods there may be a sex pest. Can somebody confirm this?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Roluth posted:

I have no proof, but that site was spun off during some C-SPAM drama and one of the mods there may be a sex pest. Can somebody confirm this?

First part is right, second part is not. Owners are clean.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Lol the original owner got kicked out and had to come crawling back to SA. I fully expect the snake to eat its tail a month after SA dies.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I beat women.

at video games :cool:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SUNKOS posted:

"B+R is a community-owned space that seeks to foster solidarity between people from all backgrounds"

"Do not advocate for obvious bad poo poo like landlords/cops/capitalism/etc. This is a leftist space."

Cool so theoretically, if I have to rent one half of my duplex to an appreciative family so that I can afford my mortgage for the other half, I'm subhuman scum on these kinder gentler forums? Or am I good if I just sprinkle in some "full communism now" memes here and there?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dang I can already see what a neat and rad place this will be

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dang I can already see what a neat and rad place this will be

I mean let's not jump to conclusions, I just want to make sure I'm not an outcast in this place. I lost my career in the military for being outed as gay, so that kinda makes me a leftist, but I also had to stand armed watch sometimes, so that kinda makes me a cop. How many leftist points do I need to be accepted.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

"B+R is a community-owned space that seeks to foster solidarity between people from all backgrounds"

"Do not advocate for obvious bad poo poo like landlords/cops/capitalism/etc. This is a leftist space."

Cool so theoretically, if I have to rent one half of my duplex to an appreciative family so that I can afford my mortgage for the other half, I'm subhuman scum on these kinder gentler forums? Or am I good if I just sprinkle in some "full communism now" memes here and there?

Well man, I don't know anything about this alternate forum, but you sound like a real turd.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Zero VGS posted:

Ehh, that site is teetering on the brink of self destruction anyway. SA managed to last 20 years, but offshoot forums almost always collapse horribly.

In this case it's largely consisting of the users too awful to exist even here, and I'm sure as with nearly all SA offshoots the owner is one mental breakdown away from burning down everything.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

litany of gulps posted:

Well man, I don't know anything about this alternate forum, but you sound like a real turd.

Sure but you've been posting for as long as me and have 20 times the rap sheet... but then again, if mods knew... maybe a bigger rap sheet means you're a better person than I? It's a topsy-turvy world, this 2020 :shrug:

edit: I have a probe for being accused of defending Elon Musk and you have one for being accused of defending Joe Rogan, and they smoked weed together. Maybe that means we should be friends too.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 25, 2020

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zero VGS posted:

Sure but you've been posting for as long as me and have 20 times the rap sheet... but then again, if mods knew... maybe a bigger rap sheet means you're a better person than I? It's a topsy-turvy world, this 2020 :shrug:

edit: I have a probe for being accused of defending Elon Musk and you have one for being accused of defending Joe Rogan, and they smoked weed together. Maybe that means we should be friends too.

I mean, I get probated occasionally because I’m an rear end in a top hat. You sound like a professional victim

“I’m a gay landlord cop and I just fear I won’t be accepted in leftist spaces!”

Come on, what a joke

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 25, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

litany of gulps posted:

I mean, I get probated occasionally because I’m an rear end in a top hat. You sound like a professional victim

“I’m a gay landlord cop and I just fear I won’t be accepted in leftist spaces!”

Come on, what a joke

My life is a joke to you? My point was I like the SA community because there's spaces for people who use drugs or invest money or own guns, and people (at least more than anywhere else I've seen online) respect each other and are given the benefit of the doubt. It's been slipping into a hivemind more over the years but it's still mostly good.

This new forum rolls right off the bat with "anyone caught complimenting capitalism is in deep doo doo" which gives me pause. I don't consider myself a professional victim but I've been discriminated against in my real life (gay veteran living in Boston gets to be called "human being" and "baby killer" in the same week) and don't want to live in fear of persecution on an internet forum for having radical ideas like "yeah it would be nice if we could all live in a hippie commune but I guess this is a more workable better system for the moment". I dunno, I'm not a D&D poster or some super smarty. It just feels hostile. That site is asking for :tenbux: just like this one, maybe at least be evaluate their leadership on a critical level too before everyone dives over there.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
some quality 'games' discussion here

Zane fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 25, 2020

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Zero VGS posted:

Nah, the prevailing wisdom is that you should literally die! I've seen plenty of people advocating for the murder of everyone who rents around here, but that's Left-Approved Murder, so it's fine.

edit: I live in a house with one of my best friends in the world, and I contribute to the household expenses to the tune of $200 USD. It's not much, but it's what I can afford on disability. You know, working together to collectively share the communal burden, taking from each according to their ability, which I was told was some kind of ideal, and it really bums me out to know that a significant percentage of the people who follow philosophies supposedly all about basic be-nice-to-each-other poo poo are treating it like enough of a fuckin' tribal war that if poo poo hit the fan, they'd literally be my mortal enemy, trying to kill me and the people I love for an rear end-backwards, monkey's-paw interpretation of an ideology,

John Lee fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 25, 2020

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

John Lee posted:

Nah, the prevailing wisdom is that you should literally die! I've seen plenty of people advocating for the murder of everyone who rents around here, but that's Left-Approved Murder, so it's fine.

Ironically they're also rabid opponents of the death penalty.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That BnR site was created by cspam posters. Full commie all the way.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 25, 2020

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

DropsySufferer posted:

That BnR site was created by cspam posters. Full commie all the way.

Which is fine, I'm in favor, really, it's the aggressive murder I don't like.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

John Lee posted:

Which is fine, I'm in favor, really, it's the aggressive murder I don't like.

Nobody is actually committing murder, though. Plus, you know, ideological purity is necessary. Opposing the death penalty is pretty sus though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This site sounds like it is a replacement for CSPAM more so than a new SA

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This site sounds like it is a replacement for CSPAM more so than a new SA

It is, it took about 2 weeks for the site to start eating itself and the posters to turn on one another. You might as well go to LPzone if you want to go to an SA off-shoot and even that's... dead.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Signed up for the Bread site for good recipes, hoping to get approved

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

This should really be stickied.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Signed up for the Bread site as Sankis

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

lmao you pea brained ostrich

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
excellent thread for the games forums thanks so much for this

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zero VGS posted:

Lol, I can already see the banwaves coming from when a shitton of goons go over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Zero VGS posted:

I think you'll be fine but I'm new there so maybe there's some secret hidden part of the site that's really evil or something idk v:shobon:v

Also I saw the $10 reg thing too but they said it's free for everyone going from SA right now. All you need to do is either register with the same username that you have here and wait to be approved, or if you choose a different username let the WampaLord person know (I just sent them a PM and got in without any hassle).

They have a forum list similar to here so general and tech and video games and arts etc. and I think people might want it to fail but it seems to be doing fine? Reminds me of early ResetERA after NeoGAF imploded under similar circumstances. The only difference to SA I can see is shitposting isn't tolerated which they spell out in the rules, they have a two strike system and then you're gone for good which honestly seems like a good idea. SA has thrived off having people shitpost and just keep paying $10 every time they're banned so there's people that poo poo up threads who would have been perma'd on any reasonable forum long ago, but they get to keep coming back here and making GBS threads things up for $10 because sports cars aren't cheap and so there's a financial incentive to make people toxic here that other places lack.

What you do is your choice but from what I've seen the place seems to operate on a common sense "Don't be an idiot because it actually has real consequences here" philosophy which is a good thing, imo.