Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Sticky this.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

Sticky this.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

gently caress you Lowtax

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q6KWnwsZuc

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kitfox88 posted:

How long will it take to capture the Server? 2 days
Will Lowtax be banned? Yes
Total goon civillian casualties: 500 banned
Total mod casualties SA: 3000 banned
Total mod casualties goons: 15 banned
Will the mod army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the admins fight to the end? No
Will goatman/lemonparty weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on the Furries? Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on Reddit? No
-If yes; will Reddit retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Lowtax sacrifice the Server (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Furries make a grab for independence? Yes
Will 4chan do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Lowtax burn the frontpage fields? Yes
How long will the goons be occupying the Server? ~15 years
Will the Server war catalyze increased terrorism in Twitter?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I mostly lurked here, but in case this place is on it's way out, thanks for being the only veteran community that was cool. It has been an honor and a privilege, goons.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

This has become my favorite forum on SA and I'll miss you all.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So where am I supposed to migrate to?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

stevobob posted:

This has become my favorite forum on SA and I'll miss you all.

Same.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

ASAPI posted:

So where am I supposed to migrate to?

https://breadnroses.net/

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Place needs to be browsable without paying like SA imo, I have no idea what the community is like. For all I know from your description it's concentrated d&d

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Based on my experience in left online spaces, I'd expect any veteran there to be subjected to eternal struggle sessions. DSA veterans is basically a group of medieval flagellants.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Can I get a PM with the GiP discord/irc link?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

Place needs to be browsable without paying like SA imo, I have no idea what the community is like. For all I know from your description it's concentrated d&d

I think you can browse by registering, it's just $10 to post. I think. I got in early before the paywall came up.

It is very cspamy, not at all d&d.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

I dont have a fursona, will that be a problem???

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Really loved this spot even if I didn't post much. Maybe I'll just stop reading current events if the GiP thread is gone forever. Oh well, SMDFTB

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Grip it and rip it posted:

I dont have a fursona, will that be a problem???

All comrades will be assigned a fursona and a posting station upon registration.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

DustyNuts posted:

Can I get a PM with the GiP discord/irc link?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

wait a totally real post about her "falling down the stairs" and "getting a black eye" from doing so appeared so i guess its just a case of lowtax just finding the MOST BIPOLAR partners possible! shucks!

nah get hosed sticky this thread dude punches his domestic partner.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So Logan just posted this

https://www.facebook.com/toad.roll?...iG4WLOw&fref=nf

Take it for what its worth

quote:

I've done a terrible thing, and I'm ruining a person's life who is very important to me. I accused Rich Kyanka of physically harming me, but that's not the truth. I've been having issues with panic attacks lately, usually brought on by drinking, which I shouldn't be doing with my bipolar medication. When I thought he had "backhanded" me, what had really happened was I had been trying to rouse him from sleep and as he tried to get up, I was accidentally pushed to the floor. It was an accident. Last night, he didn't punch me in the eye, I had actually fallen down the stairs and didn't tell the police it wasn't him. That was wrong. For the record, he called police both times because he was afraid of me harming him, even though I never would or have. I lied when I said he beats women and lies about it; I want to blame it on being drunk and not remembering anything, but really it's just that I'm a horrible person and a liar. I need help. I wanted to get help for my drinking but I didn't know who to turn to. If you think these are the actions of a terrible, terrible person to say these lies about a man who has a lot to lose, then you're right. I'm sorry. I plan to start AA soon, and every single goon, but especially Rich, will be on my reparations list. I'm sorry, and I'm ashamed.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw shucks fell down some stairs, I'm very clumsy like that and definitely not using the oldest cover in domestic violence history. Also Rich is a great guy, he just loses his temper sometimes

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Syrian Lannister posted:

Her post seems off, almost like she was forced to write it, but I’m gonna laugh so loving hard if it turns out this is true and a million goons immediately do a 180 in a few days after calling for his head today in an immediate knee-jerk reaction.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nwin posted:

Her post seems off, almost like she was forced to write it, but I’m gonna laugh so loving hard if it turns out this is true and a million goons immediately do a 180 in a few days after calling for his head today in an immediate knee-jerk reaction.

It is almost verbatim the same thing that every lawyer that has ever worked a DV case has heard from a victim.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is almost verbatim the same thing that every lawyer that has ever worked a DV case has heard from a victim.

Yeah agreed it was very on the nose.

Edit: is something sensitive still a thing? Those guys must be going loving nuts.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

nwin posted:

Yeah agreed it was very on the nose.

Edit: is something sensitive still a thing? Those guys must be going loving nuts.

they might take a break from being racist psychopaths to get riled up over this, yeah

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Syrian Lannister posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, I clicked and wound up seeing the following:

https://www.facebook.com/toad.roll/posts/10216978681648267

quote:

I've done a terrible thing, and I'm ruining a person's life who is very important to me. I accused Rich Kyanka of physically harming me, but that's not the truth. I've been having issues with panic attacks lately, usually brought on by drinking, which I shouldn't be doing with my bipolar medication. When I thought he had "backhanded" me, what had really happened was I had been trying to rouse him from sleep and as he tried to get up, I was accidentally pushed to the floor. It was an accident. Last night, he didn't punch me in the eye, I had actually fallen down the stairs and didn't tell the police it wasn't him. That was wrong. For the record, he called police both times because he was afraid of me harming him, even though I never would or have. I lied when I said he beats women and lies about it; I want to blame it on being drunk and not remembering anything, but really it's just that I'm a horrible person and a liar. I need help. I wanted to get help for my drinking but I didn't know who to turn to. If you think these are the actions of a terrible, terrible person to say these lies about a man who has a lot to lose, then you're right. I'm sorry. I plan to start AA soon, and every single goon, but especially Rich, will be on my reparations list. I'm sorry, and I'm ashamed.

e: I didn't read the timestamps; hurf durf

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 24, 2020

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

krispykremessuck posted:

they might take a break from being racist psychopaths to get riled up over this, yeah

Now that there's evidence he's stood up personally to the feminist menace they'll probably invite him to mod the place

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The partner-employee that lowtax definitely didn't gaslight put up the best hostage video this side of Daniel Pearl. Sure seems pretty open and shut

Or that fuckman can smdftb.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

nwin posted:

"almost", lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT2hfG3WbT8

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Best Friends posted:

Now that there's evidence he's stood up personally to the feminist menace they'll probably invite him to mod the place

yeah, I guess they were more after ozma than kyanka. you're right, it's a fair point. he'd fit right in with them

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

real ISIS forced confession before beheading vibe from that video

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.
man I’ve been detoxing from this place, time to rip that bandaid off. dude was poo poo when I was a mod wanting to bring back slurs and poo poo.

stay real. most of y’all were alright

-N4I

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Dear God I don't know why but I've registered https://www.something-waffle.com and the forums are open for free registrations. The idea is basically to keep the same ethic and posting quality (lol) that SA has.

I love this place and I can't shake the feeling that Lowtax is going to nuke these forums.

I felt this was better than having a thousand discords :smith:. Assuming enough of you register and it doesn't go down as a waste of time, will have to consider mods etc. Would be happy with current good mods to moderate there to try and keep it samey.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
This topic sucks and Lowtax eat all the poo poo, but this post is pro af:

Kitfox88 posted:

How long will it take to capture the Server? 2 days
Will Lowtax be banned? Yes
Total goon civillian casualties: 500 banned
Total mod casualties SA: 3000 banned
Total mod casualties goons: 15 banned
Will the mod army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the admins fight to the end? No
Will goatman/lemonparty weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on the Furries? Yes
Will Lowtax launch attacks on Reddit? No
-If yes; will Reddit retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Lowtax sacrifice the Server (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Furries make a grab for independence? Yes
Will 4chan do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Lowtax burn the frontpage fields? Yes
How long will the goons be occupying the Server? ~15 years
Will the Server war catalyze increased terrorism in Twitter?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Stickied thread, my work here is done. *Rides off into sunset smacking at flies and poo poo because horses are gross*

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

For those of you keeping score at home:

quote:

:siren:UPDATE: To the surprise of no one anywhere, it turns out Logan was coerced into her retraction.:siren:

I've been dunking on the mod/admin team a lot, but kudos to the ones who actually used their resources to help her, Literally a Bird in particular.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

God drat.

I really shouldn’t be surprised that he’s taken the patreon funding to lease a GTR.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

nwin posted:

God drat.

I really shouldn’t be surprised that he’s taken the patreon funding to lease a GTR.

A domestic abuser AND bad with money!!!

What a world, what a world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

bengy81 posted:

A domestic abuser AND bad with money!!!

What a world, what a world...

Nah I just mean that he posts this sob story about literally being crippled by debt and in bad health so goons throw tons of money at him and this is what he does. Like, no forum improvements or anything. I didn’t contribute to patreon but I looked at the page the other day and one post was “sorry I haven’t been posting anything”.

I’m guessing server bills are still piling up.