Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock

yinlock1@gmail.com if you find a new home

i haven't been here long but it's been fun posting just the dumbest poo poo with you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

Twenty Four posted:

ok sorry i just honestly don't keep up on this stuff because i have enough trouble in my life that i try not to import every possible issue into my mind, like I said, and I guess this is new news I don't have a full understanding of yet? I can't even keep up with my favorite threads a lot of the time, not to mention be up to date with all the latest unrelated news I haven't heard about. Thats why I was asking, because I trust my byob friends the most.

if everyone is jumping ship, i don't understand discord and never use my email, and cant stand redit etc so i duno, probably just gonna :justpost: because i guess the forums are a money sink nowdays anyhow, or I guess just give up?

this all makes me very sad

discord is easier to figure out than this forum, don't let that keep you

also I'm futonforensic#3447 on Discord

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I really think best case scenario is the forums being transferred over to someone else, and I've been thinking this since around the time I joined SA (2 years ago). Over the years it's been made cognizant that lowtax had been involved in domestic abuse and as a kid of a woman-hitter, yeah, I believed the victims pretty much immediately and there were links to police reports etc etc I really wish he would've stepped down long ago.

what are the odds of that happening?

I know internet admins are not the most stable creatures and would rather blow up everything than transfer power over but i can hope

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thanks for the memories everyone, hope to see you all around somewhere

:wave:

Chrs

If I have to do my posting on Reddit I think I'll just stop posting online full stop

alnilam

what the gently caress did i just wake up to aaaaa

ty manifisto

Yinlock

alnilam posted:

the end times are upon us, semper posts

alnilam

Well i hope something good happens with the forums because I really love SA. Also despite the fact that he created it Lowtax only comes around like twice a year so clearly the forums can and have persisted without him. People have offered to buy or otherwise transfer ownership of the forums from him in the past, maybe this time it will happen :shrug:

Also in case anyone is wondering, no the mods don't really know much more about lowtax or talk to him more than anyone else

Anyway I would not assume this is the end but since it could be, I humbly request that someone go ahead and make a contingency-planning discord. I don't really like discord as a long term plan cause it's really more of a chat room, but it is at least a way to keep in touch if the forums lights suddenly go out, and maybe figure out somewhere else t ogo. I love this community and I would rather see it or much of it stay together in some way.

I would make it myself but this is the worst possible time for me as I'm currently moving across the country with a baby, so I think it deserves a little mor eattention than I can afford to give right now. also I'm old and don't know much about discord.

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

this is all very upsetting. glompton you know I respect you and your decisions, you also know how important you are to byob but do what you think is right.

all of this leads to a difficult question that I've thought about but also kind of avoided. what becomes of byob if we no longer have a home?

I am not entirely sure how or where to have this discussion, but it may be something we need to have.

Was gonna post a thread about this but here it is already. I really enjoy posting with you all and would like to continue doing it

Twenty Four

jpeg posted:

Same. I'll post here until SA shuts down. I haven't spent money on the site in a long time except for my gangtag and that was a donation. So I'm ok that I'm not giving him money

Yeah, my biggest concern is losing dozens of good friends and my favorite place on the internet (byob specifically but SA in general) over something I haven't had the chance or time to figure out and not knowing what exactly is happening.

That is a big impact for me and I am sure for many others, and means more then the possible actions of one man, which I guess we or at least I still don't really know about. Again I am not apologizing for anyone when I don't understand everything, I just love you all more then you all may know and am not sure what I would do without you all. I want us to stick together, friends.

alnilam posted:

Bread Set Jettison

Morning Lowtax-beats-his-wife crew

cda

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

thanks for the memories everyone, hope to see you all around somewhere

:wave:

You are one of my all time faves

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I spend my free time f5ing the forums so to say this would be a major change in my routine...

bird.

please PM link to the BYOB discord if possible

manero

:(

If there's a yobber discord or hangout somewhere, I'd appreciate a PM

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

cda posted:

You are one of my all time faves

:glomp: same to you, thank you for all you've done here

nut

i helped set up one b4 but i can't remember how to do the introductory foyer to have people verified before joining which i remember was really important

bird.

nut posted:

i helped set up one b4 but i can't remember how to do the introductory foyer to have people verified before joining which i remember was really important

have them post something you tell them to in their profile and then check it, there's a bot too i can try to find it for you

alnilam

the discord bot is of questionable origins and creeps some people out, i don't really know much about it

ty manifisto

alnilam

i say this as someone who really doesn't understand discords well but idk how vital verification really is. Byob is already a public place anyway, if a few miscreants get into the byob discord and start being shitheads then the discord admin can boot them, same as we would do here.

ty manifisto

bird.

true its also small enough that manual auth should not take that much time if you have a couple people doing it

Slumpy
SLUMPY#5983

plz add so I can go on byob discord with my friends

slumpy

bird.

but you shouldnt post the discord publically, the cspam one got kiwifarmed

alnilam

BrownianMotion posted:

but you shouldnt post the discord publically, the cspam one got kiwifarmed

o i c

ty manifisto

alnilam

well someone good with computer pls make a contingency discord, i really wish i could offer more leadership rn but it is absolutely the worst possible week for me for poo poo to blow up. I will try to support how i can but I can't learn how to set up a discord server / be a discord admin right now.

ty manifisto

Plant MONSTER.

what is discord anyway. people been talking about it for some time but I don't know what it is. Do you have to talk to discord with your mouth?

alnilam

it's some kinda fancy IRC

ty manifisto

nut

Plant MONSTER. posted:

what is discord anyway. people been talking about it for some time but I don't know what it is. Do you have to talk to discord with your mouth?

you can do voice chat but in this case it's mainly a typing hub wher eyou can have different rooms plus voice chat rooms (tho i don't think people use those unless they r gaming) i have a bunch of sad medical stuff i gotta deal with today but i can help this evening in any way needed

bird.

helping fellow nut and treasure bear with discord intake will send e-mails and messages slowly this morning and manually auth people. in your message you will get your auth word type it into the "auth-me" channel and i'll give u chat.

alnilam

BM do i understand right that a discord has been made and you are sending out invites privately?

if so would it help you if i stickied this thread and called it "post here for contingency-planning discord" or something so we can collect all the requests in one place?

ty manifisto

bog pixie

gently caress off lowtax

bwatts

bog pixie posted:

gently caress off lowtax

Lets kill him

bird.

alnilam posted:

BM do i understand right that a discord has been made and you are sending out invites privately?

if so would it help you if i stickied this thread and called it "post here for contingency-planning discord" or something so we can collect all the requests in one place?

sure that reduces the amount of time it takes

the basics is this:

post where u want the discord link sent (email, twitter, SA pms)

i will send you the discord link and a word or phrase, type that word or phrase into the auth-me channel and i'll LET YOU INTO EL DORADO

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

:same: to everything in here, i had so much fun for so many years but really the last few months in byob have been awesome

you all are truly great posters

please add me to the PM list if there is one, or email me colddiesel at gmail dot com

too many of you to name, you know who you are!! i want to continue to post here, but probably most likely to get contacts or follow where this discord parachute thingy goes

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

alnilam

k please invite me by SA PM thank u for your service

ty manifisto

nut

alnilam posted:

k please invite me by SA PM thank u for your service

moi aussi merci beaucoup

alnilam

if anyone needs to join but doesn't have PMs or a safe-to-share email, i think you can make a discord account and post that account name to receive discord messages?? is that true?? or, you can post here and i will try to work something out with getting you PMs temporarily

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit
i would like a pm please

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Framboise

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

please just let me know if there is or will be one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Please PM me with the discord link.