Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980
if you don't care pretend she's a computer and post accordingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
is there a yospos discord or something? Many old communities on here are migrating there

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

there's an shsc one, but a more yospos one would be cool

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Is it or the other cases real? I have little knowledge of SA lore and it's hard to dig through the layers of irony.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
no idea, but i'd rather believe women, so i'm going to assume it is. plus the taxman is now 3/3 when it comes to partners accusing him of beating them, soooo

anyway, a yospos discord would be nice, yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

no idea, but i'd rather believe women, so i'm going to assume it is. plus the taxman is now 3/3 when it comes to partners accusing him of beating them, soooo

Yeah, I didn't even know he had three partners, I thought he was practically wheelchair-bound.

Edit: Also, since YOSPOS is kind of small (?) and half of us post in C-SPAM anyway, here's their discord in case anyone wants it: https://discord.com/invite/6mwAaE

crepeface fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 24, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

same

crepeface posted:

Edit: Also, since YOSPOS is kind of small (?) and half of us post in C-SPAM anyway, here's their discord in case anyone wants it: https://discord.com/invite/6mwAaE

:)

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 24, 2020

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

fuckin hell

I’ve been on this site for years, enjoying reading all the posts, laughing my rear end off, learning things, etc. this forum has gotten me thru some tough times and I like readin posts from all u fuckers here in yospos

anyway start ur wgets and post the forums.tar

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
better get an offsite up and running before lowtax rage delete the forums imo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

crepeface posted:

Edit: Also, since YOSPOS is kind of small (?) and half of us post in C-SPAM anyway, here's their discord in case anyone wants it

joined, saw the goatman, thought "ah, yep, this is home" and then saw the message that the link had been posted to kf

can't have anything good these days.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Kisses on your sweet foreheads as we’re all tucked in for the long good night

I’ll see you in hell, my friends

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

man where would I get all my programming and tech bublé hot takes without yospos? this is like one of about 3 non-news sites I actually read.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

now that I have removed twitter from my thing well it was nice knowing you people for the last however many years.

add a search function to the forums.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

now that I have removed twitter from my thing well it was nice knowing you people for the last however many years.

add a search function to the forums.

why would you add a search function to non existent forums

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

idk. gotta nuke something :shrug:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

discord sucks balls though with its chat like system and harbouring of dickheads and such

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
forums dying, cloud (software)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

man where would I get all my programming and tech bublé hot takes without yospos? this is like one of about 3 non-news sites I actually read.

yeah, i'd honestly have to pick something else up to cover basic tech news if yospos disappears on me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

yospos is good with computers and could get the replacement up in a matter of hours

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Tokamak posted:

yospos is good with computers and could get the replacement up in a matter of hours

replacing the forums is an easy technical problem but intractable social problem.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

somebody get jeff fatwood on the line. i heard he's making a new forum.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

replacing the forums is an easy technical problem but intractable social problem.

seemed to work for resetera when the old owner got outed as a sex pest

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

alright who was this

Reality Protester posted:

there was a yospos guy willing to buy the forums. Lowtax should accept.

was it stymie?

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this
gonna be hard to get through the day without lurking yospos

might even have to go back to doing that job i get paid to do

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
fuuuuuck are we really gonna use discord for poo poo now
gently caress lowtax this poo poo is garbage

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

the linked cspam discord is being spammed with goatse and is apparently the site of a kiwifarms war

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Amethyst posted:

the linked cspam discord is being spammed with goatse and is apparently the site of a kiwifarms war

what does that mean

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

George posted:

what does that mean

kiwi farms is a forum for weirdo who gang stalk other weirdos online. apparently that cspam discord has been invaded by them, or something. I don't know it's just a sea of goatses

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this
quick someone start the wiki before its too late

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
did uwe boll know something we didn't?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

any number of softwares and platforms are fine for the actual communication, without fees the moderation does not work though, and without moderation all things go to poo poo.

it is not that it is hard to make some actual payments happen, i am sure some good charity gives out signed receipts which could be used as a proxy for money spent, and e.g. discord offers some api for access management (used by e.g. patreon discords), but it'll all be an annoying mess technically and guaranteed to be a gigantic angering mess socially, so i don't think anyone is legitimately up for it.

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
Microsoft Teams is probably the most YOSPOS platform

or LinkedIn

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

I haven’t read the gbs thread so I don’t know if this was already covered, but

why is kiwi farms creaming their pants trying to prove someone a serial abuser while doxxing and harassing minorities, and not doxxing and harassing the police officers who don’t investigate domestic violence or the judges who let domestic abusers keep abusing?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Max Facetime posted:

why is kiwi farms creaming their pants trying to prove someone a serial abuser while doxxing and harassing minorities, and not doxxing and harassing the police officers who don’t investigate domestic violence or the judges who let domestic abusers keep abusing?

maybe kiwi farms is a deep state plot, designed to sow division and foment chaos

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Max Facetime posted:

because they're creepy obsessive weirdos who work backwards from their desire to stalk and harass people and post-hoc the gently caress out of it whenever they catch an abuser in their dragnet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if something ever happens with yospos and I ask to join a future server or something I reckon people are gonna be like "nah man as far as I know no server like that exists soz bro catch ya"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Amethyst posted:

is there a yospos discord or something? Many old communities on here are migrating there

I tried to make one but you have to be cool to join https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919429

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

fortunately there is a very high demand for nerds who know intricate details about Erlang so I’m pretty sure I’ll land on my feet if this place shuts down

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MononcQc posted:

fortunately there is a very high demand for nerds who know intricate details about Erlang so I’m pretty sure I’ll land on my feet if this place shuts down

but wont you miss posting alongside me, fart simpson

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

sound on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

alright who was this

was it stymie?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3908676&pagenumber=80&perpage=40#post501247956