Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Cool, so mixed with the actual gimmick posts, as per your words, are the posts I'm supposed to take seriously. Right.

You are correct though. I just browse this place and get some interesting gossip and news from here, I'll never contribute anything meaningful, which is ok. It's just so tiresome when this guy barges in with the essays about "I'm being serious, but I'm not actually, but seriously...." about all manner of things. which makes others laugh, but I'm just not understanding the punchline. That's on me, and i thought best to bring it up in the rules thread as opposed to elsewhere, so it won't spill over.

https://youtu.be/2_i_yWlEi_s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

close thread asap

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cool, so mixed with the actual gimmick posts, as per your words, are the posts I'm supposed to take seriously. Right.

You are correct though. I just browse this place and get some interesting gossip and news from here, I'll never contribute anything meaningful, which is ok. It's just so tiresome when this guy barges in with the essays about "I'm being serious, but I'm not actually, but seriously...." about all manner of things. which makes others laugh, but I'm just not understanding the punchline. That's on me, and i thought best to bring it up in the rules thread as opposed to elsewhere, so it won't spill over.

If one poster gets to you that much there is an option in the user control panel to put posters on ignore

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lurk more

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Attacking people who don't understand or aren't in on the inside joke is really dumb y'all.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya thanks for sticking up for the weird dickhead

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shut the gently caress up about other posters. A problem with this subforum seems to be that people don't know there is a block button to mute a poster. The same issue with rovert where he'd make posts that werent antagonistic and everyone had to jump on him and provoke him instead of just loving using the blocking/muting option that SA has, that as far as i'm aware, doesn't involve having to spend money to use. Click Profile, Click ad to ignore, and wallah! you see the person post but dont need to read what they say unless someone quotes them

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dont like when people talk poo poo about my friends

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This thread has clearly outlived it's purpose and now people are posting about posters, which is lame and dumb. As KFG noted, there is an ignore button for a reason, please make use of it.

On topic for the thread's original purpose: Jeffrey is keeping the site updated through forums announcements about the progress of the sale of SA so we can be done with Lowtax for good. When that goes through, then SA's future is secured. If it all falls apart for whatever reason, there are multiple Discords available as safety nets until/if a new replacement site can be found: bookmark https://goondiscordnetwork.com/ for a handy directory of SA-affiliated Discords.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you wanna ask questions about moderation (of FIGHT ISLAND, not forums wide moderation) and you don't have PMs or don't want to use them for whatever reason, please post them here.

Do NOT use this thread to snipe at other posters, which is what got it shut down in the first place. I don't have any further information about the sale of SA to Jeffrey, I wish I did, read his announcements and you'll be informed as I currently am on the state of things.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Given the recent developments in the cess pit of QCS can we get a reiteration from our mods that ironic slurs are just slurs and will be punished as such?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know what is going on in QCS, but if I see anybody has posted a slur in FIGHT ISLAND they will get probated, absolutely. Make sure you report it if you see it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks for listening, J-Ru

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know what is going on in QCS, but if I see anybody has posted a slur in FIGHT ISLAND they will get probated, absolutely. Make sure you report it if you see it.

Thank you.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If someone posts slurs in this subforum and I see it they will be probated.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I haven’t been probated in years, do the forums alert you that you’ve been a shitwad enough to be probated?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nystral posted:

I haven’t been probated in years, do the forums alert you that you’ve been a shitwad enough to be probated?

If you are logged in to see. I once got a sixer for an infraction I dont even know what for because I did not look at the forums in the six-hour period it occured, and by the time I looked at my rap sheet to notice it, the thread had been nuked due to OP's stalker finding it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
On the app, you get a nice purple banner when you've been probated. :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I could be negative but instead I'm going to be the fatter man and be positive for a moment. Of course nice things can't be said without prefacing them with negativity.
When the IKs were selected a while back, I thought they were odd or incorrect choices. I still don't really understand why we need two MMA IKs for the three MMA-centric threads we have compared to the pages and pages of wrestling threads, but they've been fine. I guess that's expected, because there's never anything really actionable in MMA threads.

I was really against the idea of CJ2 as an IK. I like and liked them as a poster but thought they showed qualities that weren't very fitting for an authority position. I raised these concerns with a couple of people, not to like get them De-buttoned, but just to say my part as a poster on these forums. Now that all that bull poo poo is out of the way, I want to say I think CJ2 has done a really phenomenal job, being very transparent about decision-making and back-blasting all of my concerns out of my rear end hole. It helps that I think we have similar moderation philosophies (funny thing to type) but considering they basically had a soft-run as the only active mod of a very active sub-forum during Jerusalem's vacation and handled more than one issue really well, I'm glad that the appointment worked out. That's just my thoughts, but it's always nice to be surprised in a good way. Give it up for CJ2!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah CJ2's been an awesome IK, really good stuff :unsmith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've got my strong, let's say "mixed" feelings about how the mods of PSP have been but I have nothing but love and appreciation for how CJ2 has been handling things. Gives me genuine hope for the future of this subforum

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have been very pleased with CJ2's work as an IK.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't want to be put in trouble any more if possible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cj2 is doin good.

i would like to make it a new rule that mods here cannot probate themselves when they feel like they make a mistake. just own it, learn from it, do better. don't be a martyr.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

cj2 is doin good.

i would like to make it a new rule that mods here cannot probate themselves when they feel like they make a mistake. just own it, learn from it, do better. don't be a martyr.

Yeah I kinda dislike doing it because it feels more like running away from your problems with a performative gesture.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have also been impressed with CJ2 (and both the MMA IKs are doing good too), they are doing a great job.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok figured out how to say a lot of what I wanted to say. I was very concerned about CJ2 as a mod and while I liked their posting I didn't think they were a good pick for a position of authority. CJ2 has not only exceeded my expectations for them they've exceeded my expectations so far for anyone in the position and I think the rest of the team should look to them as an example. Their openness has been great and more importantly their trust has been great. CJ2 feels like a member of the community who also happens to be the community member we trust to hold buttons. I think that should be the goal for the rest of the mod team.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

custom stylesheet when, coward mods?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

oh but seriously I posted:

custom stylesheet when, coward mods?

Tile this image as the background

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thunderdome with everyone's avs

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I'm glad that fake fighting fans have a cool IK even if I don't personally watch MMA

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i don't want to call anyone out, i just want to say that one of the two wrestling mods is doing a good job, and that mod is Chris James 2. i think we need more wrestling mods. heels and faces.

edit: i am not joking.

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 24, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mod Seth Rollins Drew McEntyre

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Thunderdome with everyone's avs and a Fire Velveteen Dream

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If there's ever new IKs/Mods I really don't know about Weird Twitter or gimmick-style posters becoming them. It's hard for me to take someone's judgement seriously who posts pee pee poo poo 90% of the time and then makes joke probation posts on an otherwise serious subforum with so much serious poo poo constantly happening in the wrestling bubble.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think Seth Rollins would be a good mod except for those times where Seth Rollins has to leave to go on a mission. that would be tough, but doable. But this forum is for sure in no danger of someone like Seth Rollins or my other favorite poster Poopy Piss Guy becoming moderators. do not sweat it.

in my opinion the best quality a mod can have is being interested in the community and reading a lot of posts there. "getting" a good chunk of the conversations that take place or being willing and able to go through and understand them if an issue arises in a thread that they weren't recently reading. if a moderator pretty much only reads reports, and this seems to happen sometimes, then I don't understand why they are volunteering for that. it would make you not want to go on the whole site at all. As long as someone is balanced in that regard, everything is going to be ok

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Perish the thought of approaching the pro wrestling Internet forum with levity.

EDIT: bring back Jokey Jokes Discourse 2020

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 25, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think the second best quality for a mod is to be friends with all of the influential posters in the forum they're moderating. When some people post, everyone quotes it and says that's a great point. Those quoted people are the ones to become friends with. If they have your back, you can probably become an admin soon. I am willing to divulge one of the influential posters to any mods who send me a pm asking politely.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think this forum is run pretty well but I am mostly a lurker and I never get what exactly people are hinting at when they criticise mods. I had a look at QCS based on a previous post and it's just even more people hinting at stuff I don't get so now I'm more confused and also drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

Perish the thought of approaching the pro wrestling Internet forum with levity.

EDIT: bring back Jokey Jokes Discourse 2020