Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I've posted on these dumbassed forums for like 20 loving years and I have never used the ignore poster feature more than I have in the past year.

I don't know whether it's that there are more bad faith posters I don't want to read anymore or if I'm just finally becoming an old, bitter jerk, but I have been worn down by people saying really stupid poo poo and derailing threads for pages with their idiot drama.

The idea that we should just give people the benefit of the doubt around here doesn't make any sense to me. We deal with people like Mel and Gonzo all the fuckin' time, you know? Make good or funny posts and people won't yell at you and run you out.

Or, like me, be unremarkable enough to not get run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

I've posted on these dumbassed forums for like 20 loving years and I have never used the ignore poster feature more than I have in the past year.

It didn't occur to me until reading this but same. Half my ignore list is from here over the past year and is people who just won't let something go and drag arguments out way past expiration. Posters just dropping something once there's an obvious stalemate instead of continuing to argue with them would go a long way.

WSAENOTSOCK
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I agree that I feel most people are more than capable of seeing the difference between somebody asking genuine questions and somebody coming in to try and troll or to say some horrible poo poo.
I couldn't disagree more. The entire reason the world is in the state its in is bigots and fascists are masters of weaponizing plausible deniability and even the loving news media takes their stated reasons for poo poo at face value, so what hope do posters and mods on a comedy forum have?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if anyone doesn't know whether someone is being real or not, and it's kind of important, ask me about it and i will help. I'm not always available but often am

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

still a threat

Believing everyone is fake except for you is the plot to Breakfast of Champions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb is a machine

Seth Rollins
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you

Muldoon

a love machine

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I want to grab a new Avatar, is the ownership structure resolved such that I won't feel bad for doing this? Weird question, but it's weird times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'd like to
speak to the moderator

Wazzu posted:

I want to grab a new Avatar, is the ownership structure resolved such that I won't feel bad for doing this? Weird question, but it's weird times.

I believe there's a thread in QCS where you can make a donation to RAINN for a new av

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, at the moment Lowtax still owns the forums and any money spent on it still goes to him, so look at workarounds for the time being like this one.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

i called mekchu and brut names to their face in the sumo thread and basically dared them to use their buttons on me and they, being adults, just decided to drop it instead and the thread resumed course unaided. then jerusalem appeared and used buttons on me and it's probably the hardest i've laughed in here since oildome.

whatever is currently happening is producing the best place to post about this poo poo on the internet so keep on keeping on. sincerely, thank you all for your unpaid work.

Jerusalem got involved because you were throwing a hissy fit after Brut asked another poster to chill with a derail, you came along and got antagonistic about Brut's request, and when I told you to shut up with the whining you were doing you claimed you were being ganged up on and were being attacked. You were genuinely throwing a hissy fit over nothing and after Jerusalem got asked if more than a 6er was warranted he gave you a week for yet another meltdown of yours. I'm replying to this 4 pages and a week or two later because you have a really weird perspective on what went down and why.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 7, 2020

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

A group of very serious old men sat around and discussed whether or not I had the requisite dignity and grace of a grand champion.

Mekchu posted:

Jerusalem got involved because you were throwing a hissy fit after Brut asked another poster to chill with a derail, you came along and got antagonistic about Brut's request, and when I told you to shut up with the whining you were doing you claimed you were being ganged up on and were being attacked. You were genuinely throwing a hissy fit over nothing and after Jerusalem got asked if more than a 6er was warranted he gave you a week for yet another meltdown of yours. I'm replying to this 4 pages and a week or two later because you have a really weird perspective on what went down and why.

lol you're all doing a fantastic job keep it up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

still a threat

Would you two just kiss already

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

They should take it to the IRC

oh but seriously I
Sep 26, 2019

Do you ever wonder if there are other planets out there
(source)

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They should take it to the IRC

This is the Internet Restling Community.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when the mods tell you to cut it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83m261lAlrs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9uI4rFVHU

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyLJ-fWbSI

Adbot