Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to assume there's a longer probe waiting, that would make sense to me. If not then that's very sad. I don't hate politics talk but I certainly loving hate it on this website lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

mods please change the name button to YOUUUU'RE FAHHHH and then use it on bad posters :vince:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There is a week probe queued in the moment, and given how taintrunner is posting if they ever pull that again it'll ramp.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

really struggling to classify the poster who threatens to kill goons and tells them to kill themselves as "politics chat" instead of repeat bad faith troll enabled by mods lightly probing him.

lmao look at the loving rap sheet. if not a perma ban, what is the rationalization that he shouldn't be just eating a full ban + 30 day probe each and every time he acts up at this point?

the moderation on these forums is loving pathetic.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
train them to only be able to post in the Mace thread

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
don't worry guys, junpei hyde of the cum subforum will save us

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

There is a week probe queued in the moment, and given how taintrunner is posting if they ever pull that again it'll ramp.

We're not an actual island. We're part of the rest of the forums. Why are decisions made like everything is a single localized incident?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei Hyde posted:

the ramp is 800 feet long with no noticeable incline

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i agree that it is odd that mentioning political violence against a nebulous ideology is taken very seriously but threats or accusations at actual human being posters on the site tends to not be, by moderation across the board not just here. very unfortunate. we are the small stinky sheep in the field, and when the scary coyote comes i would appreciate it if the sheepdog would do more than bark once or twice. please. thank you.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mods shouldn't be expected to be Always Online when things go out of control like twice a month for two hours, wanting a mod that's active all day is one thing, trying to put the ones down who can't be is a lovely thing to do. Like what are they gonna do, quit their day jobs to babysit us for a dead comedy internet forum?

yea ok posted:

I'm going to assume there's a longer probe waiting, that would make sense to me. If not then that's very sad. I don't hate politics talk but I certainly loving hate it on this website lol.
There's people on SA that absolutely cannot stop themselves and CSPAM escapees are the usual suspects with pages long probe sheets and at minimum they should be forced to constantly pay for new accounts as an idiot tax and banned on site in best case scenarios

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

RealFoxy posted:

Mods shouldn't be expected to be Always Online when things go out of control like twice a month for two hours, wanting a mod that's active all day is one thing, trying to put the ones down who can't be is a lovely thing to do. Like what are they gonna do, quit their day jobs to babysit us for a dead comedy internet forum?

Just have a mod for every time zone around the world.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

no one is complaining about junpei's response time, we're complaining that the response is not proportional to that posters behaviour and that thats the constant issue with moderation.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

no but when they notice they should actually step the gently caress up and ban or ban + 30 people who do despicable poo poo over and over. you dont wanna put money in a domestic abusers pocket by banning someone? cool, just enable verbal abuse and threats over the internet instead. mods are enablers if they keep up this weak poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yeah i don't give a flying gently caress if it takes 24 hours to respond to be honest, the problem is being able to rack up a rap sheet like that over a long period of time. please help me understand that part

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the mods aren't allowed to ban people until the site is officially sold to jeffrey

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah i don't give a flying gently caress if it takes 24 hours to respond to be honest, the problem is being able to rack up a rap sheet like that over a long period of time. please help me understand that part

mods have always tried to be "likable" and playing both sides instead of actually coming down hard on anyone. theyre not being mods, theyre posting buddies with buttons

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

the mods aren't allowed to ban people until the site is officially sold to jeffrey

drat, no bans ever again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

drat, no bans ever again

yeah pretty much lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
It's just an out to use to be a coward anyways, admins are banning people still and people have been banned for poo poo since this whole lowtax discussion. That excuse is just to stem "wow [MOD] banned user and now 10$ f\goes to an abuser!" threads in QCS. Queue up a month+ probe or a subforum ban if you actually care about the forums you mod

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

MotU posted:

the ramp is 800 feet long with no noticeable incline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfLLqHq3BFs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also the IK didn't even probe or reprimand the poster but agreed with them before hand, like the poo poo was popping off and nothing was being done. at least Junpei Hyde probed the correct poster this time instead of slamming buttons on a bystander so small victories

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

MotU posted:

also the IK didn't even probe or reprimand the poster but agreed with them before hand, like the poo poo was popping off and nothing was being done. at least Junpei Hyde probed the correct poster this time instead of slamming buttons on a bystander so small victories

yeah that really sucked. i reported CJ2's post but he wasn't probated for sucking at that moment.

edit: i suggested CJ2 as a mod to Jerusalem several times before he was made idiot king, but maybe we need mods who aren't entrenched in c-spam or podcast subforum culture

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 27, 2020

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Taintrunner is an unhinged rear end in a top hat but blaming every C-SPAM poster for any problem you see is insane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

also the IK didn't even probe or reprimand the poster but agreed with them before hand, like the poo poo was popping off and nothing was being done.

I was away from the subforum (and posting on others including the football one when I was online; :lol: falcons) for a couple hours after my second/final post on the matter was made, and I wasn't aware the situation escalated until around 5PM when I saw the new replies to this thread

The situation escalating, and the implication being it escalated because I agreed with taintrunner that Dwayne sucked IRL, wasn't at all my intent; I was, at least I believed I was, just contributing my thoughts to the matter which I'd believed to be wrestling-related (my rationality was the subject of Dwayne is always going to be wrestling-related, we still get Fast and Furious derails in threads, including even the WWE discussion thread, because of his involvement in the franchise for example, so talking about him was imo fair). With that in mind, thinking it was a wrestling-related and wrestling social media-related on-topic discussion, I personally didn't think the discussion was out of hand at that time. I certainly didn't consider that I was enabling a bad discussion, or bad argument in it, that was only going to go further south. But that was my opinion, I accept the reasoning of anyone who thought it was getting out of hand, I should have realized at the very least it definitely still had potential to get out of hand, and it definitely did end up getting out of hand. I should have taken that more seriously, I should have put my own personal opinion aside long enough to see that from a neutral perspective, and I apologize for not doing more to prevent that escalation from occurring. That final post taintrunner ultimately got probed for was Completely out of line; I apologize I didn't see it when it first happened

MotU posted:

there also seems to be like some sort of batsignal that summons other random c-spam posters than barely post here if at all to suddenly try and dogpile-defend the original cspam shitter's view so like can we just somehow put a stop to this

Raskolnikov38, Vagabundo and Cerebral Bore (I'm assuming the names you're talking about, they're the only other ones I've seen post in C-SPAM and post in the Social Media thread today) are all Fight Island regulars who have been having fun with everyone else in here making fun of Retribution repeatedly this week, and Bore had a great time liveposting during the G1. Hopkins FBI is yet another great C-SPAM poster who also posts in this subforum. Even taintrunner, the person this was all about, has posted on-topic contributing positively to the community all over the WWE and TNA threads frequently up through last month

I appreciate, and welcome, any and all deserved complaints anyone has to throw my way about how I've been; as I've acknowledged, I know I suck at this and I really am trying, and I'll continue to try my best while I'm here as long as I'm wanted here (I've repeatedly offered to give up or transfer my buttons if it's no longer the case that I am, which I've believed from day one of them being offered to me). Please don't point that aggression towards other places or people where it's not deserved, and Please don't make incorrect assumptions in attempts to drive them or others away. They're not randoms, they're not outsiders, they're members of this community. Better ones than I've been!

Nobody has to forgive me or accept my apology. I know I'm bad at this, and I've been the first to say that. I get if people want me gone, and I've considered/am considering it strongly from the beginning. I wish I'd responded to this situation as quickly as it deserved and taken it as seriously as it deserved, and nobody has to believe me or trust me about it even though I wouldn't type this many words about something I didn't really believe in. But anybody who wants to watch, or learn more about, wrestling or MMA or boxing or moat fights is and should be welcome here. And those users clearly want to. And I'm not ending an apology post I've spent half an hour editing to make sure I said what I wanted to say, then seeing added at the bottom after I hit Preview new posts implying good posters who contribute to the place should be chased out for posting elsewhere In Addition To Here, and saying nothing about that because that's definitely bad too. I was wrong when I thought that about another subforum earlier in the year, and I know people doing the same to C-SPAM is just as wrong

Someone sucked at posting here today; I also sucked very bad for my part in the derail. I'm sorry. Please yell at me and tell me I suck and should die and other things I know already. Don't take it out on anyone or anywhere else

ed:

Paper Lion posted:

you even mention taintrunner "posting in this community as recently as last month" as though thats a good or normal thing.

It is, taintrunner's posts about WWE in the WWE thread were about WWE and taintrunner's posts about TNA in the TNA thread were about TNA, none of that was offtopic, it's verifiable by search and their post history, and I will not say they should have stopped that because they also happen to post on another place. It's not "running rampant" to contribute in multiple places

quote:

Stop defending C-SPAM

I will not

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 28, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
stop defending c-spam

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i dont care that you were posting about the falcons, i care that posters like taintrunner are allowed to run buck wild in this community and moderation consistently fails to penalize repeat offenders. you even mention taintrunner "posting in this community as recently as last month" as though thats a good or normal thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just summarizing, I think what people are asking for are harsher probation for people who are already have a history of being out of line and quicker on the button for discussions that are becoming train wrecks. As a community we were super harsh on EMF who turned the corner and is a good poster now but just being involved in the community doesn't necessarily mean that it's okay to let other people slide who are openly antagonistic for no reason. And I get it, sometimes people are having a bad day. A sixer won't be the worst thing to jump the gun on when you see things going bad, but this forum has already chased off decent posters who are just enthusiastic about what they like.

Moderation team are people too, don't be so harsh when on them either. Constructive criticism isn't "all our mods are useless"

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 28, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is strange to me. Ichiban always seems chill in the mma threads.

Also I should note that I'm a cspam poster but my cspamminess only comes out when we're talking about Colby Covington or Dana White :thermidor:. The problem isn't cspam; the problem is assholes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

To be abundantly clear, besides more mod coverage (which again is not the problem) literally zero things have changed since the last serial bad faith troll ran amok on this subforum. What is the moderation team going to do to change that, so that posters can’t rack up multiple pages of bans and probes and still get told “cool off for a few hours” after demonstrably harassing ACTUAL members of this community.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

more should be done than to mildly disapprove of people who "go off" on others in entertainment forums unless that person started saying really grotesque stuff. it's actual severe bullying. i know it probably is very annoying to read that if you agree in principle with what a bully is saying at some point. sorry for doing that to u

forgot but I think i should be allowed to put up pics of computers as well

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 28, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apologies, my time online is limited today and I jumped on for a few minutes to catch up on PPV results, only to see all this stuff going on. I'll catch up on all these posts, talk to Junpei and CJ2 and see what steps might need to be taken, and answer any questions raised in this thread as appropriate. But for now having seen Taintrunner's posts for myself I've gone ahead and requested a month probation coupled with a ban for going completely off the deep end with absolutely ridiculous, uncalled for bullshit that shouldn't fly even in a politics subforum, and absolutely not in the wrestling subforum and absolutely absolutely not in a thread about wrestlers on social media.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thank you for the long thing of words. This is only my personal opinion here. I honestly don't really give a poo poo that you made fun of the Rock for being an rear end hole, or even that you called Joe Biden a republican or whatever. Like, I'm pretty sure your probation was agreed on behind the scenes with Jerusalem, but maybe it wasn't. I don't think it really needed to happen, but w/e. The problem people have and had w/ the modding of this forum is that it takes something like an insane "Crack Ping Succ Zone Lul" style thing calling people advocates of Muslim genocide for any type of applicable punishment to happen. I don't give a gently caress that he posted about how Slap Jack is a goofy name, people have leashes longer than the sustained decline of the WWE. (topical reference) Look at the reasons Junpei gave in the probations for gently caress's sake. Hey..nice derail. Sincerely, please don't show anger, it just makes people angry. Not like...hey, don't call people Nazis in the twitter thread. Don't be an insane person for years. Don't be a repeat violent freak. It was just, "don't be angry" Dunno, just pisses me off lol. Meant to type more here but forgot while I typed the rest. well said me. bye

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NienNunb posted:

I think baselessly calling people nazis/white supremacists for having mildly different opinions than C-Spam sucks dick, and poo poo, personally. And today is not the first time this has happened.

I dont read the wrestling threads so what the hell happened?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

Telling people to kill themselves etc should probably already constitute being ramped up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

Just chain probe for infinity

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's basically the same problem I've pointed out several times now, that bad-faith posters are allowed to linger and fester, arguments/derails that should've been nipped in the bud keep escalating instead, and by the time the mods finally show up it's that Donald Glover gif all over again.

I don't claim to have a good solution, but this is a repeated, noticeable problem that keeps driving away good posters and making the community incrementally worse.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont read the wrestling threads but if you need an IK in a pinch feel free to PM me ot hit me on any of the discords you see me on.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 28, 2020

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think a real issue around here is acting like a 6er is some fearsome punishment when in actuality one could go the entire span without even noticing. A week probation for being a total shithead is similarly nothing. Hell, the $10 rear end in a top hat tax is nothing. I don’t know what my point is really except ban more of these loving losers.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I meant using the 6er as an immediate remedy until a mod can show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
long ago we banned the notorious scalawag rovert from posting in here, and i think the new mods we get to replace junpei and cj2 should also start banning people from posting in here if they suck.