Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Hopkins FBI posted:

Taintrunner is an unhinged rear end in a top hat but blaming every C-SPAM poster for any problem you see is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopkins FBI posted:

Taintrunner is an unhinged rear end in a top hat but blaming every C-SPAM poster for any problem you see is insane.

When CSPAM keeps having unhinged assholes come out of that subforum to abuse people for having a different view than them then yes that subforum does have some responsibility in the matter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish Mekchu was my mod

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mekchu posted:

When CSPAM keeps having unhinged assholes come out of that subforum to abuse people for having a different view than them then yes that subforum does have some responsibility in the matter.

How do you feel about gatekeeping weirdos?

I post in the NZ election thread in c-spam. Am I now apparently partially responsible for the actions of others that post there?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vagabundo posted:

I post in the NZ election thread in c-spam. Am I now apparently partially responsible for the actions of others that post there?

I was speaking in the sense of the general culture of the subforum and not ascribing blame to specific posters.

If anything the blame in that sense would be on the moderation team for letting a toxic environment to persist and spill out onto others.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 28, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Vagabundo posted:

you are if you're exporting your c-spam culture to here.

edit: personally i don't think you are exporting c-spam because i would have noticed.

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 28, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mekchu posted:

Except that the people who are the worst offenders are all as reviled in CSPAM as they are in the rest of the forums so I'm curious what you want CSPAM to do about these poo poo-and-run trashposters.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Except that the people who are the worst offenders are all as reviled in CSPAM as they are in the rest of the forums so I'm curious what you want CSPAM to do about these poo poo-and-run trashposters.

try not being a bunch of psychos

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Well for one, make the posting and discussion culture one that people don't feel they have a moral right to go around making heinous accusations. Given that this was the case here. I'd also argue that if those people are so reviled by CSPAM why arent the CSPM community moderators doing anything to stop that behavior from being normalized for that poster.

Also rushing in to dogpile people for disagreeing with said reviled poster does not seem to imply that said reviled poster is actually reviled. But posting cliques do exist so there's more leeway on that point admittedly.

Nome of this discussion is new given D&D has at least had a few instances of CPAM mentality spilling into there so if its happening elsewhere and shares the same starting point its hard for me to understand how the CSPAM subforum holds no accountability and it is crazy to say it does.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 28, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seth Rollins posted:

try not being a bunch of psychos

So tell me, should it be acceptable to portray every single person who posts in a certain subforum as having a mental disorder? If not, then why are you doing it right here?

E: Also in general and not pertaining to the current case about Taintrunner, it's pretty weird that "someone made an accusation about someone else that would reflect really badly on their character" is apparently being treated as reason for punishment in itself without any consideration of whether there's any merit in the accusation or not. Like, we literally had a guy who was a paid propagandist for the genocidal regime of Saudi Arabia, and people kept punished for calling him out for quite a while. IMO we shouldn't go back to repeating the mistakes of the past here.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 28, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cerebral Bore posted:

So tell me, should it be acceptable to portray every single person who posts in a certain subforum as having a mental disorder? If not, then why are you doing it right here?

i dunno, guy with two identical c-spam gang tags. maybe it should be acceptable.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

i dunno, guy with two identical c-spam gang tags. maybe it should be acceptable.

This is personal, mud-slinging bullshit, and it's undermining your point.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerebral Bore posted:

The person who got banned was making blanket accusations of people being racists/neo-nazis so I think the argument youre trying to make here falls a wee bit flat given that context.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seth Rollins posted:

Look at the pot calling the kettle black here.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Power Windows posted:

This is personal, mud-slinging bullshit, and it's undermining your point.

i'm posting in a professional wrestling forum and i don't care

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whether there's any merit or not to the things people are saying about C-SPAM I don't see what anyone expects to achieve by complaining it here in a thread specifically about the Fight Island community.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

E: Also in general and not pertaining to the current case about Taintrunner, it's pretty weird that "someone made an accusation about someone else that would reflect really badly on their character" is apparently being treated as reason for punishment in itself without any consideration of whether there's any merit in the accusation or not. Like, we literally had a guy who was a paid propagandist for the genocidal regime of Saudi Arabia, and people kept punished for calling him out for quite a while. IMO we shouldn't go back to repeating the mistakes of the past here.

Luckily this isn't an "in general" thing at all, lol. WTF are you talking about? "Without any consideration"?? gently caress's sake

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you're not going to be constructive, gently caress off. The rest of us don't want to see Us vs Them nonsense grudges over various subforums or cliques.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mekchu posted:

The person who got banned was making blanket accusations of people being racists/neo-nazis so I think the argument youre trying to make here falls a wee bit flat given that context.

Well, that's the thing in my second point. I'm not saying that he was right, but the idea wasn't even entertained before punishment was called for. What if we get another Mel Mudkiper situation one day with some neo-nazi who's good at not explicitly giving the game away?

Also this is besides the point, but someone being racist or white supremacist is a lot more complicated than "is this guy a literal klansman or not". Racism isn't some inherent personal characteristic, it's a system of oppression and one could very well support white supremacy without even realizing it.

These things are better left up to people who aren't abrasive assholes, though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

lmao @ taint for going off in the fake fights forums of all places, but that still was a bullshit probe so free taintrunner

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
c-spam sucked when Zyla and her poo poo crew tried to take over the AEW gameday threads, and it still sucks today. i'm scott steiner and this is my debate speech.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Zyla's pronouns are she/her

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Please get the cspam obsession out of your heads pals.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me and all my friends: It sucks to be called genocide advocates because we don't want to talk about Joe Biden in the wrestling twitter thread.

Cerebral Bore in this thread: Shouldn't we wait and see if the people accused of this disgusting poo poo can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't actually harbor these thoughts? Taintrunner sux tho for real for real

Cerebral Bore in other threads: taintrunner is a godly king and the mods are gay

gently caress you dude

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
racism being a system of oppression means i can call anybody and everybody a nazi. im smart

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cerebral Bore posted:

you're an rear end clown

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you want to debate the merits on whether supporting Joe Biden makes you a white supremacist then you're welcome to go some over to cspam.

For the record I agree that a month+ban for being an abrasive rear end is way overblown, though. Either throw him a day or if you don't think that guy can fit in at all just do a rovert and forumban him.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you want to debate the merits on whether supporting Joe Biden makes you a white supremacist then you're welcome to go some over to cspam.

For the record I agree that a month+ban for being an abrasive rear end is way overblown, though. Either throw him a day or if you don't think that guy can fit in at all just do a rovert and forumban him.

i don't want to fuckin debate any politics at all which is why i stay out of c-spam and why i don't want c-spam in here, you idiot

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

Please get the c-spam out of your brain, decidedly not-pal

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i think calling people advocates of iraqi genocide because of dwayne johnson tweet is a bit more than being 'abrasive'

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Blanket statements calling people racists: bad

Blanket statements unironically accusing people of being mentally ill: cool and good

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Power Windows posted:

Blanket statements calling people racists: bad

Blanket statements unironically accusing people of being mentally ill: cool and good

i guess you aren't sure if the racist accusations were sincere (aka unironic) or not

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

He was a loving troll, does it matter if he's being sincere?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And more realtalk, some crank yelling at you that you're a white supremacist when you aren't on internet comedy forums isn't actually some grievous insult. Like, do you think that even a single person would look at a Taintrunner post and then conclude that this guy is the authority on the issue?

What can be actually harmful though is people being afraid to call out white supremacy when they see it, and that's what slamming someone with the max punishment you can get short of a perma could actually do.

E: And I've said my piece so I'mma bow out.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 28, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mekchu posted:

I dont read the wrestling threads but if you need an IK in a pinch feel free to PM me ot hit me on any of the discords you see me on.
Can this be redeemed now to give this whole topic a sixer because it's beyond the scope of giving forum feedback and people are just bickering.

Yeah, bad posters are bad and that should be the end of that, I didn't need the social media thread derail to spill over again

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

And more realtalk, some crank yelling at you that you're a white supremacist when you aren't on internet comedy forums isn't actually some grievous insult. Like, do you think that even a single person would look at a Taintrunner post and then conclude that this guy is the authority on the issue?

What can be actually harmful though is people being afraid to call out white supremacy when they see it, and that's what slamming someone with the max punishment you can get short of a perma could actually do.

bye

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cerebral Bore posted:

girl. bye.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The myth of CSPAM and it's posters has so far outstripped what actually goes on there that it's frankly kind of astonishing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

wow I regret reading all that stupid bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Can this be redeemed now to give this whole topic a sixer because it's beyond the scope of giving forum feedback and people are just bickering.

Yeah, bad posters are bad and that should be the end of that, I didn't need the social media thread derail to spill over again

I'm at work but i can see what can be done.