Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll look at the Discord, but honestly I'm one of those dinosaurs who really prefers the forum format as it feels more manageable and easier to follow. Discord is more like IRC in that it feels like walking into a crowded room with a million voices, as opposed to forum threads that feel more like directed meetings/conversations. The same is kinda true for Twitter and Reddit because they're all focused on immediacy and not a more permanent and browsable archive.

I know some of this is just fear of change, exacerbated by basically everything hitting the fan at once, but I could really do without one of the few regular social outlets I still have going away or reincarnation as something I don't feel comfortable using. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Insertnamehere31 posted:

JRu just want to say that I stumbled upon your Scotsman in Egypt LP on the archive waaaaay back and it was one of the main reasons I joined SA, so thanks.

Man this really feels like the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I was holding up with all the other poo poo in 2020, but between all the poo poo that’s coming out in wrestling and now potentially losing the only online community I’ve actually felt a part of I’m reaching my breaking point. :smith:

sorry to get all sadbrains, and I know that it’s selfish to want the forums to survive if it means supporting an abuser. I just wish it didn’t have to be this way.

This is basically where I'm at as well :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

I am going to choose to believe that the modmin team will pull something off. I know I'm mostly just the guy that's an rear end in a top hat about LIJ, but I love all of you and this place and I don't want to consider the idea of losing it.

This, but with a side order of having one eye on an alt, probably this Bread & Roses, and maybe finally sign up for a Discord acct.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jason Sextro posted:

Cavauro is the ultimate tweener

In order to determine the next mod, I propose four candidates be chosen for the best match concept ever devised, the Feast or My Fired

Not the San Francisco 49ers match?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

One day your brain just clicks and you get it. I can't explain it but it's like passing through a portal

:yeah:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I object to this as I think his/her random Kpop posts have a lot of substance.

That's the actual trick. About 30% of Cav's posts are really thoughtful and sometimes insightful, which hits harder because the other 70% of jokiness and lightness primes you to not be prepared for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Do not even ask posted:

the other six are exclusively mma goons

Impossible, no-one has ever been able to confirm the existence of those.