Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This blows and sucks. I like Fight Island and want it to continue on. We made an MMA Discord if people wanna go there and talk MMA, Martial Arts, or just shoot the poo poo. I hope we could make a mega Fight Island discord so like, all the real fight people who watch AEW & New Japan can come bully us fake fighters from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A friendly reminder that there is the MMA Goons discord that we lovingly renamed as Fight Island where the infrastructure has been built. We worked on it :unsmith:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 25, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm going to go make popcorn and watch either Bloodsport 4 or Kickboxer 4. I'm waiting on Bread and roses, I'll see if this place is still standing tomorrow, and if my desk comes, start furiously scribbling Bam Bam/Starman mashup.

There's more than 1 Bloodsport???????

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm OK with Jeffrey buying the forums or whatever off Lowtax though his involvement with the PPJ drama is one thing to consider. That said he seems to genuinely care for SA. Reene and Burt's stupidity back in January should rightly bite them in the rear end immediately.

J-Ru if you're thinking of stepping down as mod (i recall you saying this either in this thread or in the UFC thread) would that may Junpei the sole mod of FI?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

If we added another mod, I'd rather they be one of the MMA posters, me and J ru have less of a knowledge of that area

Don't you put that curse on us Junpei!

Really all the MMA crew need is an IK for the UFC/B-League threads and the GDT threads.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paper Lion posted:

if someone grew up watching pride fights on the fight network and watched literally everything pride ever put out and loved it and just wants to see cool fun stuff like crocop kicking people until they die or fedor punching people until they die what should i watch. what should i do. ive tried streetbeefs and sometimes its like pride. but usually its not. please help.

i love this forum and i love all of you. even the posters i dont really love much. sometimes you guys get stinky, and are mean. but sometimes im mean too. sorry.

UFC Fight Pass has all the old Pride Events (or at least 90% of the ones that FEG still had/didn't tape over when they took the library).

For "not great, but still wacky fights" Pride lives on in the form of RIZIN which in 2019 did a great as hell gimmick of running a fundraiser to pay their fighters/staff.

You also have the B-League thread for comically lopsided KOs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Abysmal posted:

South Korea's Road FC is also a good source of openweight freak show fights.

Having been to their live shows, yeah it is. They have the matches on YouTube.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea ok posted:

congrats to the two mma mods or iks or whatever i hope they can manage the 2 threads, it's gonna take a lot of effort :razzy: Hey only joking

Can I comedy probate this guy with a gif of tito asking babalu about what happened in his fight

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaleski posted:

Mekchu please do me the honor of being your first 6er

pssh, no way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

One day your brain just clicks and you get it. I can't explain it but it's like passing through a portal

Yeah Camauro Usman is a good poster if you get his jokes. If not, he's very odd.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

britishbornandbread posted:

Having to be told by a mod in a thread about sexual assault to drop the gimmick is a bit embarrassing, to be honest. I get what the joke is, it just does nothing for me, and I’m surprised so many others lap it up. Oh well. Back to lurking for me, anyway.

OK. I mean, we're all saying he's a goofy poster and isn't meant to be taken seriously, but you're disappointed in us for laughing at (or not outright screaming at him over) the goofiness of his intentionally goofy and weird posts. At least that's how it reads.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marching Powder posted:

i called mekchu and brut names to their face in the sumo thread and basically dared them to use their buttons on me and they, being adults, just decided to drop it instead and the thread resumed course unaided. then jerusalem appeared and used buttons on me and it's probably the hardest i've laughed in here since oildome.

whatever is currently happening is producing the best place to post about this poo poo on the internet so keep on keeping on. sincerely, thank you all for your unpaid work.

Jerusalem got involved because you were throwing a hissy fit after Brut asked another poster to chill with a derail, you came along and got antagonistic about Brut's request, and when I told you to shut up with the whining you were doing you claimed you were being ganged up on and were being attacked. You were genuinely throwing a hissy fit over nothing and after Jerusalem got asked if more than a 6er was warranted he gave you a week for yet another meltdown of yours. I'm replying to this 4 pages and a week or two later because you have a really weird perspective on what went down and why.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 7, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unrelated to anything to do with probations but MobsterLobster posted a cool thread I think people should check out.

Its about Moat Fights.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941694

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NienNunb posted:

I think baselessly calling people nazis/white supremacists for having mildly different opinions than C-Spam sucks dick, and poo poo, personally. And today is not the first time this has happened.

I dont read the wrestling threads so what the hell happened?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

There is a week probe queued in the moment, and given how taintrunner is posting if they ever pull that again it'll ramp.

Telling people to kill themselves etc should probably already constitute being ramped up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

the mods aren't allowed to ban people until the site is officially sold to jeffrey

Just chain probe for infinity

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont read the wrestling threads but if you need an IK in a pinch feel free to PM me ot hit me on any of the discords you see me on.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 28, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I meant using the 6er as an immediate remedy until a mod can show up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopkins FBI posted:

Taintrunner is an unhinged rear end in a top hat but blaming every C-SPAM poster for any problem you see is insane.

When CSPAM keeps having unhinged assholes come out of that subforum to abuse people for having a different view than them then yes that subforum does have some responsibility in the matter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vagabundo posted:

How do you feel about gatekeeping weirdos?

I post in the NZ election thread in c-spam. Am I now apparently partially responsible for the actions of others that post there?

I was speaking in the sense of the general culture of the subforum and not ascribing blame to specific posters.

If anything the blame in that sense would be on the moderation team for letting a toxic environment to persist and spill out onto others.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 28, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Except that the people who are the worst offenders are all as reviled in CSPAM as they are in the rest of the forums so I'm curious what you want CSPAM to do about these poo poo-and-run trashposters.

Well for one, make the posting and discussion culture one that people don't feel they have a moral right to go around making heinous accusations. Given that this was the case here. I'd also argue that if those people are so reviled by CSPAM why arent the CSPM community moderators doing anything to stop that behavior from being normalized for that poster.

Also rushing in to dogpile people for disagreeing with said reviled poster does not seem to imply that said reviled poster is actually reviled. But posting cliques do exist so there's more leeway on that point admittedly.

Nome of this discussion is new given D&D has at least had a few instances of CPAM mentality spilling into there so if its happening elsewhere and shares the same starting point its hard for me to understand how the CSPAM subforum holds no accountability and it is crazy to say it does.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 28, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerebral Bore posted:

So tell me, should it be acceptable to portray every single person who posts in a certain subforum as having a mental disorder? If not, then why are you doing it right here?

The person who got banned was making blanket accusations of people being racists/neo-nazis so I think the argument youre trying to make here falls a wee bit flat given that context.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Can this be redeemed now to give this whole topic a sixer because it's beyond the scope of giving forum feedback and people are just bickering.

Yeah, bad posters are bad and that should be the end of that, I didn't need the social media thread derail to spill over again

I'm at work but i can see what can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah theyre done and so is this discussion. Take the taintrunner complaints and other topics not directly about Fight Island and its future to QCS.