Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm a pretty late revert to the forums, having come back here in December of 2019 and focused almost exclusively on the wrestling subforum. By some distance it's been the best and most inclusive forums experience I've had, and even when drama erupts it feels like people usually try and get through it. I'd hate to lose this.

On the other hand, I agree with what people have said about lifeboat forums usually falling apart or becoming nothing but cliques. The rest of SA is what makes this forum interesting as there's circulation of people. There's a joy to helping foster someone's new enthusiasm for wrestling and you don't get that with a walled garden forum.

For now I think the only thing I can do is to hold steady, hope this blows over or reaches a new normal, and be ready to move if it looks like the forums are doomed.

It sucks, but these days everything sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Man, these forums make me feel old sometimes. I still remember the FIRST time Richard started a relationship with a woman, gave her a position of authority within SOmething Awful and then fell apart like a wet cake when the relationship went south. https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=195

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

weekly font posted:

Him posting that weirdo aggressive front page about it probably would have been a huge red flag if were all weren’t like 15

Reading it again right now and the "EXTREMELY EMOTIONALLY NORMAL GUY WHO HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH WOMEN" alarm keeps going off.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Benne posted:

Clearly the mod should be chosen by which one has the best story, an award-winning TV show told me so

And who has a better story ... than Cavauro The Broken

If we get Broken Cavauro do we also have to mod Spot Monkey Cavauro, Cavauro Version 1, Unkillable Cavauro, and Big Money Cavauro?