Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hellblazer187 posted:

Whatever replacement forum we end up with needs the $10 paywall. Maybe not right away but after enough guns get a chance to try there. I'm convinced that's a huge part of what's kept SA a great community online. I joined the discord mostly so I'll know where to go of this shuts down

Yeah, maybe get a closed registration done with current goons and then flip the switch to add a paywall.

I'll probably never used Discord but I'll join the channel nonetheless. I've tried being in a couple of those things and it's just not an enjoyable experience. I'm in Slack all day for work, I don't need a different version of Slack for anything else in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

make a forum for me to post on. i want at least 100 people there who all post and keep up with it. no compromises

I bought a domain called thenewangelfire.com a while back as kind of a joke with the intent of using it to make lovely Angelfire-style sites. If someone wants to use the domain/a subdomain to make a dumb little spot for us to talk about grappling, maybe we can use that. But we need those cool line breaks that were like barbed wire and animated saw blades and dripping blood and stuff. Also no compromises.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MotU posted:

Everyone is invited to my house to watch wrestling if you want and also if you want to pet my cats

Can we work on a system to alternate days or something? We have a large couch plus cats AND dogs who like to be pet. Also this may be the only way I make new real-life friends again because who knows when I'll go out in public thanks to our dumb rear end governor (Hello from Austin, TX).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I paid $10 like a fool but I'll have a queer peer gang tag soon so it's okay.

Also B&R is unlike SA for me so far in that I didn't feel the need to lurk for like a year and a half before making my first post.