Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

RELEASE THE DOVES \_0_/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:krakken: THE ANIMAL :krakken:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does anyone remember approx when flyer guy was because i have archives and i want t9 read it again before it goes poof

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Does anyone remember approx when flyer guy was because i have archives and i want t9 read it again before it goes poof

I gotchu

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TUS posted:

RELEASE THE DOVES \_0_/

I STILL choose to believe that we caused the No Mercy '07 poster

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Huh, they're on IWTV now AND they're making flyers.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TUS posted:

RELEASE THE DOVES \_0_/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

you are the true wrestlehut champion

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
all of Duncan's posts in the mma/kickboxing threads

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
The NWA Mountain State era was some of my favorite times posting in here. Just a bunch of pals watching bad wrestling and having a good time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

heel turn posted:

The NWA Mountain State era was some of my favorite times posting in here. Just a bunch of pals watching bad wrestling and having a good time.

KARL_gets_hit_by_a_van!!.wmv

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

that time mark coleman wrestled a 5 ***** match

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Who was it that had to get Samoa Joe's dick tattoo in sharpie and went to a signing where Vickie Guerrero was disappointed in him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When Fedor lost his first fight

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Ahhhhgh dangit! (Didn't even have to click)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I know this is loving stupid but I have far too many memories to even remember them all. Like the one I remember (probably because it involved me) was for some inexplicable reason WWE used me booing Alberto Del Rio in a video package about Mark Henry (during his Hall of Pain title run). I asked if anyone could screen cap that for me and like 1 minute later someone did and it's been my twitter picture ever since.

I've really enjoyed this forum and the loving people. Man goddamn the loving people is what I remember the most. I love NJPW and I don't think there is a chance in loving hell that I would've ever started watching it if not for you all. I asked in the Raw game day thread this week for a link to the CM Punk Pipe Bomb Raw and to see the collective pants making GBS threads over it was just remarkable.

If this dead gay forum really does die, I think what I will miss the most is the GDT's. Even though they don't get a fraction of what they used to (to put it in context the pipe bomb Raw (2 hours) was like 36 pages before the promo started and this weeks was 1 page by the end of hour two.

I loving will never forget the collective energy during the CM Punk title run -> Daniel Bryan B+ era. WWE was a product worth watching weekly and it was exciting. I doubt I would still be watching wrestling if not for Wrestlehut 2K / Randy Orton Man Love Locker Room / Punchsport Pagoda / Rowdy Ringsports / Fight Island (I think I got them all in the right order).

I've been trying to think about what my internet life is going to look like without SA and it's going to be a sucky one. I will probably be more productive at work which is a positive, but just like Reddit calls itself "The Front Page of the Internet" that is what SA is to me, it's the frontpage of the internet. This is going to sound stupid but when I was young (I'm 38 now, so I'm talking when I was like 13 or 14) I thought America Online was the coolest thing ever and the "regular internet" was dumb as gently caress. This was really sort of before search engines and what not so the only pages you could go to were ones you already knew existed, whereas on AOL you had way to guide you to places. SA to me has been like what AOL was to young 14 year old me. The internet without it looks bleak because Reddit is a nazi filled cesspool, twitter is garbage, and for me at this point Facebook is for posting pictures of my 18 month old so my family members know what he looks like. I hope Lowtax realizes it's better to make a little money on it by selling it then just pulling the plug totally.

I'm sorry for the serious post in what is an awesome thread that is both making me laugh and cry right now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't let sal become productive at work.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Who was it that had to get Samoa Joe's dick tattoo in sharpie and went to a signing where Vickie Guerrero was disappointed in him.

The toxx threads were always a treat. Don't bet on wrestling.

SalTheBard posted:

This is going to sound stupid but when I was young (I'm 38 now, so I'm talking when I was like 13 or 14) I thought America Online was the coolest thing ever and the "regular internet" was dumb as gently caress. This was really sort of before search engines and what not so the only pages you could go to were ones you already knew existed, whereas on AOL you had way to guide you to places. SA to me has been like what AOL was to young 14 year old me.

AOL 3.0 was my first prolonged internet experience. Right there with you.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Someone post the "Samoa Joe Stuck :(" image and the "Punk/Joe hey man are you still in TNA? yeah why? HAHAHAHA" image

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

The John Cena returns at the royal rumble Skype screaming clip

It was a voice mail and not skype.

It is very important that people don't think I was skyping with someone, I called them on the phone to scream at them and had to scream in their voice mail instead.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Somebody post that time the crazy dude had a gamergate meltdown in some rando WWE thread

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I'm mad that the little kid posting the "JOHN CENAR" videos to YouTube have been lost to time

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Watching the dumb/awesome gameshow Chase that came on after ECW on Sci Fi

Watching that stupid Pterodactyl movie with Coolio after ECW on Sci Fi

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I still laugh about Jake The Sanem Roberts

SalTheBard posted:

I've been trying to think about what my internet life is going to look like without SA and it's going to be a sucky one. I will probably be more productive at work which is a positive, but just like Reddit calls itself "The Front Page of the Internet" that is what SA is to me, it's the frontpage of the internet. This is going to sound stupid but when I was young (I'm 38 now, so I'm talking when I was like 13 or 14) I thought America Online was the coolest thing ever and the "regular internet" was dumb as gently caress. This was really sort of before search engines and what not so the only pages you could go to were ones you already knew existed, whereas on AOL you had way to guide you to places. SA to me has been like what AOL was to young 14 year old me.

I'm 37 and I know exactly what you mean. The internet feels so... small now. Just a few platforms, no community history... SA was something really neat

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I love this subforum so loving much.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Evil Badman posted:

AOL 3.0 was my first prolonged internet experience. Right there with you.

mary had a little clam posted:

I'm 37 and I know exactly what you mean. The internet feels so... small now. Just a few platforms, no community history... SA was something really neat

I'm glad people can relate!

Punch McLightning posted:

I love this subforum so loving much.

I remember when it was created I was like "Well cool I'm glad we can get out of SAS for wrestling discussion, but is there really enough to talk about that merits it's own subforum?" Holy poo poo have I ever been wrong.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RealFoxy posted:

Huh, they're on IWTV now AND they're making flyers.

Yeah I was going to go to their April 12 show before it got canceled, BECAUSE I SAW A FLYER DOWNTOWN.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Dave posted:

The John Cena returns at the royal rumble Skype screaming clip

Please tell me you have a link/can make a link to this.

Edit: aww man i just saw MRT's post

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MorrisBae posted:

Someone post the "Samoa Joe Stuck :(" image and the "Punk/Joe hey man are you still in TNA? yeah why? HAHAHAHA" image

This thing is near impossible to find apparently, and I'd love to see it again.

Edit: Mean the comic, but :hellyeah:

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 24, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

"Camera 6, you're in a worst case scenario." :camera6:

Also that time a goon's :words: sign got on TV and Triple H saw it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This sub forum is why I signed up :smith:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That phone recording someone posted of someone on this forum marking out and going insane when John Cena showed up at the MSG Royal Rumble.

ohmygoditsJOHNCENAattheROYALRUMBLE

It's still on my old laptop somewhere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We should do a goon meet at a DOA Pro show and just chant “you made fly-ers” the entire show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait what the gently caress is going on

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I didnt watch roh at the time but whenever I see Jack Evans on aew I think of jack evans superfan Jack Girl

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Working at my idiot horrible job and thinking "You know what would be funny? The Wednesday frog except it's Jack Evans and I flip it upside down"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

this is the best part of the flyer thread. except for alvarez telling him to put up flyers. Or my posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

that time a goon got in an Alistair Overeem promo video saying WOW! Bery pantastic body