Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think thats how we got onto Birdemic and a bunch of us thought the main guy looked a lot like roderick strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

JOHN CENA posted:

i think thats how we got onto Birdemic and a bunch of us thought the main guy looked a lot like roderick strong

God I drank away like four solid years after college that is all flooding back to me now.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i think some of my fondest memories were that brief month in the ECW gdts where we would stick around after ECW and watch CHA$E

There was one time where a bunch of us watched an awful vampire flick with Jason Mewes in it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Back in 2007 I created a bunch of crappy Wrestlehut 2000 avatars in photoshop that some people used. I could only find this New Jack one, but somebody was still using their Great Khali version until recently.

Armitage posted:

The Wrestling Game!

Was this the game where we played on a website that generated text matches with people's created wrestlers?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Armitage posted:

The Wrestling Game!

it was cool when thewrestlinggame because an instant gline in irc

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I know we already posted about how much this forum loved Orton but I'm also gonna pour one out tonight for a long lost other love of this forum - Larry Sweeney.

Remember that website where you could put a picture in and get it printed across multiple sheets of paper to make a giant poster? Yeah, having one of those of Larry Sweeney in our college apartment was the perfect synthesis of being an idiot wrestlegoon at 20.

RIP to a fuckin legend

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Back in 2007 I created a bunch of crappy Wrestlehut 2000 avatars in photoshop that some people used. I could only find this New Jack one, but somebody was still using their Great Khali version until recently.

Was this the game where we played on a website that generated text matches with people's created wrestlers?

I don't remember if I actually gave this to Marxux or just threatened to, although I do remember he did not think it was very funny:

I don't have a lot from this forum in my imgur but the couple I have are gems:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Grant DaNasty posted:

yeah, and we'd compete with other promotions who hated us because we didn't take things seriously at all. Hell, our season ended with the arena blowing up because of Chilly McFreeze's character, killing everyone in the arena!

yea ok posted:

it was cool when thewrestlinggame because an instant gline in irc

I think I forgot why, I'd like to think it was because referral links were not allowed?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Armitage posted:

yeah, and we'd compete with other promotions who hated us because we didn't take things seriously at all. Hell, our season ended with the arena blowing up because of Chilly McFreeze's character, killing everyone in the arena!

I was the booker of one of two Wrestlehut promotions. I remember that me and the other guy had to pass some test or something to get our feds. I want to say mine was ACW (Awful Championship Wrestling). Then I got burned out so both promotions got combined, and then it ended with the arena blowing up.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

weekly font posted:

I know we already posted about how much this forum loved Orton but I'm also gonna pour one out tonight for a long lost other love of this forum - Larry Sweeney.

Remember that website where you could put a picture in and get it printed across multiple sheets of paper to make a giant poster? Yeah, having one of those of Larry Sweeney in our college apartment was the perfect synthesis of being an idiot wrestlegoon at 20.

RIP to a fuckin legend

didn't he fake you out on a high five causing you to nearly crash over the barricade to the floor

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

didn't he fake you out on a high five causing you to nearly crash over the barricade to the floor

absolutely i nearly ate poo poo right in front of MRP

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i miss that time period of roh :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

absolutely i nearly ate poo poo right in front of MRP

This was much cooler than the time I ended up sitting next to the Man With The lovely rear end.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

This was much cooler than the time I ended up sitting next to the Man With The lovely rear end.

please dont doxx grody

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The comic depicting the amount of time that passed between HHH hitting the pedigree on Booker T and pinning him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

please dont doxx grody

rude

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

As mostly a lurker, a few moments stand out:

-The g-gate ban has come to mind often in difficult times when I need a laugh, it was just so out of nowhere.
-Same with the Dean Ambrose seizure writing. I’m still not sure what was trying to be said.
-Triangulo de la muerte!
-Dean cashing in on Seth was phenomenal to watch reactions to.
- Brock’s shoot F5s at Wrestlemania and everything posted for the remainder of that show.

And most importantly to me, I wouldn’t know a drat thing about NJPW without this forum. I love it, and I would have missed it entirely without you fine folk.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

ChrisBTY posted:

The comic depicting the amount of time that passed between HHH hitting the pedigree on Booker T and pinning him.

Couldn't find that, but I found

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm so happy to continue posting with my wrestle friends.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nothing i said in this thread was real so don't act like it was. I thought the forum was closing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

weekly font posted:

RIP to a fuckin legend

That was called rasturbation I think? God I remember that being HUGE for awhile.

And yeah, Larry ruled. I still remember ordering old ROH DVDs with the incredibly lovely sound quality and being thrilled every time a show featured Larry Sweeney doing, well... anything!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MorrisBae posted:

Shout out to WrasslorMonkey for his memorable GIFs as well

This will last beyond SA forever:

I was at that show. I met those people at the Seattle Center Armory as they were making those signs. They were really nice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

nothing i said in this thread was real so don't act like it was. I thought the forum was closing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I joined here during my college years wrestling hiatus. I’d watched a ton of WWF/WCW/ECW when I was a kid but never got much into puro or Lucha or indie stuff. After college, with my first real job, I saw an ad on cable for Wrestlemania 25 that night. I lived alone in BFE so I decided to buy it and the Taker-Shawn match got me hooked again.

I started watching again regularly and had so much fun on this sub forum talking about it with you guys that I eventually got into ROH, NJPW and other stuff just to talk more on here. I doubt I ever would’ve gotten into any non WWE stuff without you guys.

I’ve never met anyone from here or really gotten all that close with anyone personally but I love this place and I really hope it doesn’t go anywhere because more often than not it’s a funny escape from the monotony of grown up life.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did I imagine it or did somebody also make a video version of that comic? I remember laughing my rear end off and being super-impressed by it, but have never been able to find it again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Arch of Bunk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tessa Blanchard getting released from Impact during a pandemic as world champion because she wouldn't upload to youtube

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The one thing I regret about making that is that HHH didn’t even hook the leg. I gave him TOO MUCH CREDIT.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey here’s another shout out I just thought of: many years ago some dude called The Shaman of Cum would not shut the gently caress up about PWG. Because of The Shaman of Cum I bought many PWG dvds and had a pretty good time overall. Thanks friend.

Edit: oh here’s another one. A year or two ago I read that Dean Ambrose was quitting wrestling forever and I genuinely thought about Samurai Foochs and hoped that things would turn out ok. I would say that they did.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 26, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Doing Champion of the Month was a lot of work but a lot of fun and I'm glad it's survived.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Also, for the record I would like to state that I strongly regret never changing my name to Dean Amanda. That would have been fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

Edit: oh here’s another one. A year or two ago I read that Dean Ambrose was quitting wrestling forever and I genuinely thought about Samurai Foochs and hoped that things would turn out ok. I would say that they did.

Look the fact of the matter is, Dean Ambrose is just a miserable, unhappy person who is never gonna be satisfied, and he simply has lost all passion for the wrestling business.
Ambrose literally 4 seconds after ending his contract with WWE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qerwPcCejag

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

JOHN CENA posted:

i miss that time period of roh :smith:

Back in 06 when every subforum was claiming a month to be a theme (june is endboss month, etc) - Nut Bunnies posted a thread called DECEMBER IS BRYAN DANIELSON MONTH. After that I decided to attend my first show and was hooked. This also immediately lead to Ditch sending me his enormous archive of Puro matches. The whole thing basically reinvigorated me as a wrestling fan, and I'm so glad I was here for it.

By the end of that year, it was heavily rumored that Mitsuharu Misawa was going to wrestle a match in ROH. MRT spent multiple hundreds of dollars (Maybe 1000, not sure) on securing us tickets so we could all sit together in the front row for it. That was a really happy period, and I met a lot of people I now consider good friends for the first time on that night.

Really, even though I can heavily nitpick everything that was going on in ROH around that time, I think that period throughout 07 is my favorite as a fan. Peaking at the end with that RISING ABOVE + FINAL BATTLE weekend in New York. Just an incredibly awesome period.

NienNunb posted:

The Arch of Bunk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

dsriggs posted:

The one thing I regret about making that is that HHH didn’t even hook the leg. I gave him TOO MUCH CREDIT.

its even worse than i remembered

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7eJuJFdH8

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Back in 06 when every subforum was claiming a month to be a theme (june is endboss month, etc) - Nut Bunnies posted a thread called DECEMBER IS BRYAN DANIELSON MONTH. After that I decided to attend my first show and was hooked. This also immediately lead to Ditch sending me his enormous archive of Puro matches. The whole thing basically reinvigorated me as a wrestling fan, and I'm so glad I was here for it.

By the end of that year, it was heavily rumored that Mitsuharu Misawa was going to wrestle a match in ROH. MRT spent multiple hundreds of dollars (Maybe 1000, not sure) on securing us tickets so we could all sit together in the front row for it. That was a really happy period, and I met a lot of people I now consider good friends for the first time on that night.

Really, even though I can heavily nitpick everything that was going on in ROH around that time, I think that period throughout 07 is my favorite as a fan. Peaking at the end with that RISING ABOVE + FINAL BATTLE weekend in New York. Just an incredibly awesome period.

Yes. Yes! And the crab one too!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NienNunb posted:

Yes. Yes! And the crab one too!

The true insanity is Weekly Fonts original tournament

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt, was it you who El Generico almost accidentally killed with a table at a ROH show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't recall El Generico nearly killing me with a table but I do recall Takeshi Morishima crushing Nut Bunnies legs