Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

The Bible posted:

I first joined following a goon invasion of some lovely MTV dating game. Or VH1 I don't remember, it was funny as gently caress though.

Might have been the Sony one. I think I still have some screenshots from it somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Wall Balls posted:

always had a soft spot for infrateal v heebie-gbs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3212733

page 5 is a doozy

This is the one I was looking for, thank you.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

drat, all the images are broken. We all got hard punished for trusting goon image hosts. Well, I can at least re-upload the ones I did. So many from other artists in there too. It was a great time.

Bareback Rodeos pizza delivery of PAIN.

CPS Took my kids this morning: Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

This one had a happy ending where he cleaned up his life and got his kids back.

Did you hide your boner?

Have to work up my nerve to tell a psychiatrist

Housemate is a creepy pervert...should I confront him? (OP)

We never heard from the OP again after he said he smelled smoke from his roommates room, so I had to extrapolate. This last one has extra dimension after recent events.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Yep.

Alternatively, Gorilla Comes Out Of loving Nowhere.

XeeD fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 7, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Gorgeous George threads

Also, margarita machine threads, no one appreciates the old classics like this 1867 Banging Betty, who when going at full steam could make 20 margaritas per minute, an industrial feat at the time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

dracky posted:

I liked the Advent Calendar thread where the OP narrates a christmas story in a creepy child voice and draws really elaborate illustrations to go with, which were hosted on his deviantart account where he drew erotic furry art

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590253

lmao i destroyed that gbs tradition with a single post

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

link. i think this sounds like a good candidate for song as the ship goes down

Found it. It was goldmined from the period where every other thread in imp zone was goldmined because it was FAU's favorite forum

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611
Came to post this. It's an amazing roller coaster ride packed into 6 pages.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

dracky posted:

I liked the Advent Calendar thread where the OP narrates a christmas story in a creepy child voice and draws really elaborate illustrations to go with, which were hosted on his deviantart account where he drew erotic furry art

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590253
This one was good also has anyone said wetlegs6 yet

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

birther billboard https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202947

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The LF goldmine african warlord support thread is better imo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3019055

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just discovered that the Adaptive Systems fantasy island post was truncated in the goldmine ;_; I have a copy of the full post if anyone wants it

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jenny Agutter posted:

just discovered that the Adaptive Systems fantasy island post was truncated in the goldmine ;_; I have a copy of the full post if anyone wants it

Lay it on us me

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I'd love to find this thread because it's my all time favorite probably:

There's a thread from probably over a decade ago. It was in games and guy posted his lovely RPG game for sale for $10 and the game sucked, the art sucked and the game was poorly programmed and full of bugs. It had like memory leaks and poo poo. I wish I could remember the name of it but it was just an RPG, the only real detail I remember was that it had levels for some reason (like levels like mario, not like an RPG).

It started with people pointing out the problems, then people pointing out you could get the Barkley RPG for free so charging $10 for a broken first time side project was unreasonable, but eventually broke down into outright mockery. It was just page after page of people dunking on the guy, editing together trailers for the game, photoshops etc. and it went on forever.

This thread is like a white whale for me, I think it got goldmined but I'm not sure, I've looked for it like a motherfucker on several occassions.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

EorayMel posted:

Lay it on us me

https://pastebin.com/ihCfCtdc

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

EorayMel posted:

The LF goldmine african warlord support thread is better imo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3019055

FSAD posted:

Go read your Maoist blogs and complain some more about Amerikkka, that will get something done. Last year I donated more than $2000 to microlending banks to actually assist the poor in Bangladesh and Ethiopia. I have letters from people who tell me what a difference I have made in their lives personally due to my generosity. I also have an awesome job where I make a ton of money trying to bring investment to the third world. I hosed my hot girlfriend twice today and I'm about to go and pick up some Thai food in my Dodge Viper.

lmfao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i miss good troll threads

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

I keep hearing people say how great the chicken cheese thread is but can someone explain it to me since it's before my time? It just looks like a bunch of goons putting cheese on chicken dishes which doesn't seem too odd. What is so funny about it? Does something crazy happen halfway through the thread or something?

Unfortunately this goes for most classic SA threads and old SA humor in general. If you weren’t there it’s not especially funny, especially in retrospect. Try telling a non goon about chickencheese or microwave’s mom and see if they laugh.

At least with keyboard goop or groverhaus or the doom bathroom something real happened besides goons just being awkward nerds.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

vaginite posted:

I'd love to find this thread because it's my all time favorite probably:

There's a thread from probably over a decade ago. It was in games and guy posted his lovely RPG game for sale for $10 and the game sucked, the art sucked and the game was poorly programmed and full of bugs. It had like memory leaks and poo poo. I wish I could remember the name of it but it was just an RPG, the only real detail I remember was that it had levels for some reason (like levels like mario, not like an RPG).

It started with people pointing out the problems, then people pointing out you could get the Barkley RPG for free so charging $10 for a broken first time side project was unreasonable, but eventually broke down into outright mockery. It was just page after page of people dunking on the guy, editing together trailers for the game, photoshops etc. and it went on forever.

This thread is like a white whale for me, I think it got goldmined but I'm not sure, I've looked for it like a motherfucker on several occassions.

Sounds like DEMON RUSH

Do the names "Cherry Venus" or "Brooks Cracktackle" ring a bell

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

KakerMix posted:

Sounds like DEMON RUSH

Do the names "Cherry Venus" or "Brooks Cracktackle" ring a bell

Yes that's it!! Thank you sir, time to take a trip down memory lane.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Kharnifex posted:

Also, margarita machine threads, no one appreciates the old classics like this 1867 Banging Betty, who when going at full steam could make 20 margaritas per minute, an industrial feat at the time.

Yeah but its slurry coefficient approached 1 and tequila wasn't widely available at the time so it was more like a mezcal snowcone than what we think of as a modern margarita. Still, for the time it's amazing to think a whole party could get something like margs before the wide adoption of electricity.

I miss margarita machine threads too. :(

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LPs aren't my usual thing but Scorchy's LP of the ambitious but fatally rushed and buggy Knights of the Old Republic II is still best in class to my mind.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Comedic: "I suck at fashion, help me identify these bags"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1861095

Non-Comedic: "I seem to be recieving some sort of spy emails"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1782913

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
I've been thinking about this thread for a while but don't have archives access to go looking for it.

There was a guy here who got hired by his brother to exterminate the wild hogs on his property. He got bored with guns and started spear hunting them barefoot at night. I think he would go out with night vision goggles and record himself stalking and killing them, and he spelt OINK out with their bodies. Pretty sick gently caress.

At some point, he built a surveillance drone with infrared cameras to track them, and eventually mounted a handgun to it and used it to hunt them down. Pretty sure the FBI contacted him. This was before the use of drones in iraq and afghanistan was widely reported.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr_Companie posted:

I've been thinking about this thread for a while but don't have archives access to go looking for it.

There was a guy here who got hired by his brother to exterminate the wild hogs on his property. He got bored with guns and started spear hunting them barefoot at night. I think he would go out with night vision goggles and record himself stalking and killing them, and he spelt OINK out with their bodies. Pretty sick gently caress.

At some point, he built a surveillance drone with infrared cameras to track them, and eventually mounted a handgun to it and used it to hunt them down. Pretty sure the FBI contacted him. This was before the use of drones in iraq and afghanistan was widely reported.

Pretty sure that guy’s username was Bushmaster.

The original CAD mock thread was amazing- especially the timing. The thread was made daysbefore Loss dropped and when that happened, oh man, it was on.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The two that I came back to year after year and made me cry with laughter every time were the USPS thread that spawned “those are my shoes. Give them back, you are a dog. They don’t even fit” and the insane t-shirt generator thread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

dantheman650 posted:

and the insane t-shirt generator thread.

Was it the idakoos thread? If anyone has the link to the first one of those (2012ish?) I would really appreciate it.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

There was a thread called something like "metal.com" like the type program, not the website. It was a program that would randomly generate a metal phrase and then people would ms paint it. I think the first post started with "a nose breaking a tombstone above a thousand bodies" or something along those lines.

I bet it doesn't hold up now, I think it was even pre-irony.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Was it the idakoos thread? If anyone has the link to the first one of those (2012ish?) I would really appreciate it.

That’s the one! I might have it saved somewhere. That thread made me cry with laughter over and over again.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

ArfJason posted:

lmao i destroyed that gbs tradition with a single post
What was the post?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Oswald Kesselpot posted:

What was the post?

Whre i discover the furry connection lol
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590253&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post422836183

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Did Muerte ever hike across america?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Bust Rodd posted:

Definitely “Retard Masturbator” OP

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Every time we get one of these threads it just makes me miss Zoofights more.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

"CALVINIST BY CHOICE" is the only one that matters

The good news is Amazon is recapturing the magic and you can get in on the ground floor

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930972&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post506175186

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 8, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

The goonnette whose husband spent all their money on Star Wars figurines...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319
i like the premise and went searching for it but that thread seems really bad

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Mr_Companie posted:

Bushman, cy_brown on YouTube

Evolved into making bunkers, RC planes with IR and night vision, and fireworks.

Spelt PETA sucks in dead pigs

Truly amazing.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

toggle posted:

Did Muerte ever hike across america?

If by hike across America you mean quit 20 miles into it and drove cross country to Florida to take a job at his dad's landscaping company, then yes, he hiked across America :patriot:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

dantheman650 posted:

That’s the one! I might have it saved somewhere. That thread made me cry with laughter over and over again.

I’m pretty sure that thread has made me laugh harder than anything else on the internet. I actually bought one of my friends a coffee mug that says “THE PERSON WEARING THIS SWEATSHIRT IS A PARAMEDIC” from there.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2350602

quote:

Yesterday sunny Orlando Florida got a little sunnier.

Amanda Bynes is in town. You might remember her from nickelodean's Amanda show, What a Girl Wants, or She's the Man. She's shooting a movie on the UCF campus right accross the street from where I live.

http://www.amandabynes.com/WB5.jpg

Now, you must understand, I'm not a man given to celebrity crushed. I have no posters of some scantily clad chicks in my room, I never watch lame movies just for the hot babes, but Amanda Bynes is something else.

She makes my head swim, my knees get weak, and my heart and stomach plays musical chairs with my ribcage. She's so beautiful, charming and funny, with that little bit of devious mischeif to make it interesting. Since I was 13 I've pined for her. I watched every episode of that horrible "what I like about you" show

Naturally, since her trailer is basically in eyesight of my apartment I have determined to find a way to meet her. But what would I do if I met her? Tell her I'm a huge fan, and then let the next person in line go? Get a side-hug, a quick polaroid, and then move on?

No, I want a kiss. Not, nessecarily a date or anything, just a kiss of some sort. It would be the perfect little memory to hold without destroying my delusions of what an amazing person this Amanda Bynes is or landing myself in jail

So, goons, how do I do it?

How does a fairly average guy land a kiss from Amanda Bynes?

I'm open to almost any suggestion that won't land me in prison, and of course I'll photograph and document the ensuing events... Let the games begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

The hike across America one is the thread that I clicked immediately to reread, so that one.