Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Crawl diary https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the yospos secret santa where someone got a dreamcast full of worms

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lifepuzzler posted:

The OG inappropriate music replacing the actual score of film scenes thread. I was but a young lad, and every post was the funniest goddamn thing I had ever experienced.

I think I still have some videos from this saved

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Wwwhh

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vaginite posted:

I'd love to find this thread because it's my all time favorite probably:

There's a thread from probably over a decade ago. It was in games and guy posted his lovely RPG game for sale for $10 and the game sucked, the art sucked and the game was poorly programmed and full of bugs. It had like memory leaks and poo poo. I wish I could remember the name of it but it was just an RPG, the only real detail I remember was that it had levels for some reason (like levels like mario, not like an RPG).

It started with people pointing out the problems, then people pointing out you could get the Barkley RPG for free so charging $10 for a broken first time side project was unreasonable, but eventually broke down into outright mockery. It was just page after page of people dunking on the guy, editing together trailers for the game, photoshops etc. and it went on forever.

This thread is like a white whale for me, I think it got goldmined but I'm not sure, I've looked for it like a motherfucker on several occassions.

Check this poo poo out: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2979-CUSA14089_00-DEMONRUSHPS4FOUR

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the yospos secret santa where someone got a dreamcast full of worms

lmao I think it was omgitschris who sent it? he also sent someone from Reddit a bag of actual garbage for secret santa that year

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Lowtax needs to hurry up and GTFO so I can buy archives.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mayb not the best, but the biggest eye-opener of who I was posting with was the "Most metal way to kill yourself"-thread where it started out with typical GBS 2.0 poo poo posts with wild ways you could off yourself when we find out that two of our most bitter, former (AFAIK both still banned) goons Enfield and Volume/Ride the Gravitron had their own real stories. Enfield had set himself on fire and Volume had unsuccessfully cut his head off using a tablesaw outside, passed out in the snow and it coagulated enough that he was saved albeit with a big neck scar.

It really explained why Enfield could be funny, yet most of his posts were bitter as hell. Volume, especially toward the end, became the poster-boy for insufferable "I hate everything/everyone and everything/everyone is bad especially if you like it/them"-goons. In fact, I think he was banned for being an insufferable shithead.

I think the pics are still there. The thread title above is close, but even though I have archives, I've never once successfully found anything on purpose.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It was fun to say things like hey don't lose your head to Volume because as you said he was insufferable but the amount of people who would just try and own Enfield by just saying burn and stuff were pathetic

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

volume was famous for years for his white-hot frothing rage about some dumb newspaper comic strip right?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hard to pick my favorite Atma thread, but gonna go with Let's Play Bendyman: The Eight Pages

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Mayb not the best, but the biggest eye-opener of who I was posting with was the "Most metal way to kill yourself"-thread where it started out with typical GBS 2.0 poo poo posts with wild ways you could off yourself when we find out that two of our most bitter, former (AFAIK both still banned) goons Enfield and Volume/Ride the Gravitron had their own real stories. Enfield had set himself on fire and Volume had unsuccessfully cut his head off using a tablesaw outside, passed out in the snow and it coagulated enough that he was saved albeit with a big neck scar.

It really explained why Enfield could be funny, yet most of his posts were bitter as hell. Volume, especially toward the end, became the poster-boy for insufferable "I hate everything/everyone and everything/everyone is bad especially if you like it/them"-goons. In fact, I think he was banned for being an insufferable shithead.

I think the pics are still there. The thread title above is close, but even though I have archives, I've never once successfully found anything on purpose.

I dunno if it's the way you worded this but "unsuccessfully cut his head off" makes me think of a guy holding his own head screaming at his body "WHY WONT YOU DIE" and i can't stop laughing

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
throwing in another vote for keyboard goop

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lazy_Liberal posted:

throwing in another vote for keyboard goop

That's a classic. Was "poo poo lasagna" originally posted on SA or did it just get linked here while it was happening?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sir Not Appearing posted:

That's a classic. Was "poo poo lasagna" originally posted on SA or did it just get linked here while it was happening?
That was here, the poster was Martin Random.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

That was here, the poster was Martin Random.

Martin Random was an amazing poster till he went crazy....in a totally unfunny way....

Content: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1845896&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pretty sure it was all bs but still funny

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 8, 2020

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

FileNotFound posted:

Martin Random was an amazing poster till he went crazy....in a totally unfunny way....

Content: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1845896&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pretty sure it was all bs but still funny

wow can't believe it's 2020 and i get hit with an ARCHIVES paywall. i forgot just how many microtransactions are involved in unlocking full 2000s era forum features g-dDAMN

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Ancient history, but the first thing that sprang to mind was Pele and Oddjob.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

LOL I never clicked on one of those threads, amazing to learn what they were

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The one where the kid stole his moms credit card to buy a video game or something or maybe buy an account and then the subsequent threads that both saw the kid getting a custom avatar for the misadventure and also some goon calling his mother (or so it seemed) that included the immortal line "Hello ma'm, I'm from the internet."

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

:psyduck: this looks terrible. I watched a let’s play of it and it’s the same everything, the art, the poo poo gameplay, the MS paint level characters, but in 3D. It even has the signature texture maps instead of tile floors. And for 30 bucks. It’s the exact same gimmick 12 years later. It’s like he didn’t develop at all.

e: oh my god watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QescuARwqe8

vaginite fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 9, 2020

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

double post

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

vaginite posted:

:psyduck: this looks terrible. I watched a let’s play of it and it’s the same everything, the art, the poo poo gameplay, the MS paint level characters, but in 3D. It even has the signature texture maps instead of tile floors. And for 30 bucks. It’s the exact same gimmick 12 years later. It’s like he didn’t develop at all.

e: oh my god watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QescuARwqe8

this is incredible

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

The path is grey.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

LOL I never clicked on one of those threads, amazing to learn what they were

they apparently had been rping as gas leak brain damaged children for years i seriously cant believe this was a thing that happened here

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Groverhaus thread that got LF closed and like 2 dozen people banned

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The best threads that I observed live, while the story was still developing:
-CAD Loss thread
-Blue Story thread (husband spending money on Star Wars figurines)
-the zaurg thread during which he and his wife separated/divorced
-the Two Worlds Helldump thread
(edit: how could I forget having lived through the Zybourne Clock Helldump thread too?)

Andorra posted:

The horrible chili thread with the mod challenge

I remember that the OP's chili was horrible, although I don't remember how, and then hundreds and hundreds of good chili recipes were posted in the thread. I'm pretty sure I didn't see this as it was happening though, because I don't really lurk GWS.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the goon who cooked himself to death in his car after passing out on wild drugs and then his wife came in to try and find the street values of all the drugs he had like a day after he died

the 'joose' thread where goons kept taking russian hell drugs and doing hosed up poo poo for no noticeable high was also good

Both of these threads got me to lurk TCC, but of course by the time I started lurking, there weren't any good new threads coming up. Also, I :lol:ed at "russian hell drugs" -- such an accurate phrase.

Xarthor posted:

I think one of my favorite(s) was goon "abunchofnumbers" who got the really bad black panther tattoo on his back, then got his arm sliced off somehow, got a settlement out of it, then bought a manual Lamborghini and promptly totaled it.

Someone called him "abackofpanthers", and I laughed so loving hard.

Metaline posted:

The path is grey.

The only thing I remember about this is that someone made a slow melancholy Surfin' USA parody where they replaced the titular lyrics with "and the path is grey".

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 9, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crawl Diary thread was a brilliant piece of creative writing

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Cumvase from the “bachelor things you do” thread.

The one where some goon fought a wasps nest with fire.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The thread that got me hear was p-p-p-powerbook. At the time it was loving amazing.

The last truly great thread I saw was lost fingat, at hospital.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Fecal lasagna

Bad room-mate threads are always amazing

johncandy
Jun 29, 2020

by Athanatos

420 20 posted:

Sad how pretty mich everyone in these funny thrads was banned by the same handful of unfunny shithead mods

I took a stroll through the comedy goldmine recently and the fact that about 90% of all posters are perma'd or banned is pretty telling.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The yikeseroo thread where we all told a an abusive wife-beating turd to go gently caress himself for 1000 pages.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

johncandy posted:

I took a stroll through the comedy goldmine recently and the fact that about 90% of all posters are perma'd or banned is pretty telling.

Humor will always be about pushing the envelope of what is acceptable.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Goon that had sex with a midget and then posted pictures to prove it.

Guy who had to escape his wife attempting to peg him with an enormous purple dildo (I think this one was revealed to be creative writing but it was hilarious nonetheless).

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Clayton Bigsby posted:

an enormous purple dildo

Frankie

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Applewhite posted:

The yikeseroo thread where we all told a an abusive wife-beating turd to go gently caress himself for 1000 pages.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Applewhite posted:

Humor will always be about pushing the envelope of what is acceptable.

also farts!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
There was a thread about the myth Adam savage’s bizarre sex life? Don’t know why I’m thinking about that now.
Oh and that time an alien visited the forums and everybody played along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilky
Jun 1, 2000

:dukedog:
assboat