Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

big burp culture is a pro username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I tried to discern how I do it, and it seems to be a combination of flexing stomach muscles and making your esophageal area constrict, forcing out trapped air.

To force it you need to introduce an intake of air to this process.

Happy burping.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sometimes I can get it out by taking very deep breaths and then exhaling them quickly. Kind of hard to describe the technique I guess but it usually works. If you’re sitting down, getting up and moving about can help quite a bit in jostling the bubble loose too.

Alternatively, you could try sucking a penis instead of putting a finger down your throat? Get rid of the gas and help a bro out at the same time sounds like a good deal.

There’s a penis floating around GBS right now that I bet would be a good burp inducer.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I had an uncle who got the hiccups for something like 9 years

Then they went away

Then they came back for the final 20 or so, idk

Seemed the right place to post this

Good luck with your burps or whatever

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Throat issues are no joke. I know one or two people who have swallowing issues and it really affects quality of life.

PENIS

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ha, finally another person with that problem. I've never been able to burp despite repeat attempts and feeling like a nauseated balloon. Not a huge problem, but I've had to switch away from high-carbonation beer, and I sometimes spend an hour or two feeling a bit unwell.

Thinking back, I guess this is one of the reasons I avoided soda as a kid.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I can burp from my butt

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I can burp from my butt

You brush your butt's teeth.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

I am Otis posted:

I had an uncle who got the hiccups for something like 9 years

Then they went away

Then they came back for the final 20 or so, idk

Seemed the right place to post this

Good luck with your burps or whatever

This is my phobia.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP, I read on Wikipedia (serious) that glass swizzle sticks were invented to take excess bubbles out of champagne, so maybe they'd work for beer (or drink something else instead),

Also, I suggest you find the local biker bar and walk up to the biggest brute there. Explain your situation quickly, before he has a chance to get angry at your presence, and offer him :fivecbux: to throw you over his shoulder and burp you.

Outlaw bikers are always short of money for bike parts, fuel, motor oil and beer, so he'll help you out for sure.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

gary oldmans diary posted:

photic sneeze reflex is way cooler

when i make my pupils contract really quick by looking straight up at the sky i sneeze (twice every time)
1 out of 6 people. id like to have a dog with it so we could both photic sneeze and id just tell people he copies me

Is this the same as sneezing sometimes when lookinf toward the sun? Cause I thought everyone had that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Is this the same as sneezing sometimes when lookinf toward the sun? Cause I thought everyone had that.
its just me and you. everyone else can look right up at the sun or an eclipse or whatever without repercussions

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

its just me and you. everyone else can look right up at the sun or an eclipse or whatever without repercussions

Except for permanent eye damage of course, in the case of eclipses.

Indeed I've never sneezed when looking (briefly) towards the sun. Maybe you are both cursed by sun demons (but I hope not).

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I got photosensitive sneezes.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

Except for permanent eye damage of course, in the case of eclipses.
fake news

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I appreciate all the support and tips and methodology.

But this:

BigBadSteve posted:

OP, I read on Wikipedia (serious) that glass swizzle sticks were invented to take excess bubbles out of champagne, so maybe they'd work for beer (or drink something else instead),

Also, I suggest you find the local biker bar and walk up to the biggest brute there. Explain your situation quickly, before he has a chance to get angry at your presence, and offer him :fivecbux: to throw you over his shoulder and burp you.

Outlaw bikers are always short of money for bike parts, fuel, motor oil and beer, so he'll help you out for sure.

Is great.

bubba burp blight?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

I got this, too. If only looking at the sun would induce burping. I'd be solid. In the daytime.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Biblical loving posted:

Horses can't burp either op, you might be a horse?

Nay.

GolfHole posted:

hey OP i quit drinking and now i can burp again

just fyi

Good for you friend, but that is currently a non-starter. :tipshat:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

drat, Sid. got me in the feels.

I knew you were a good guy.

:goku:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

its ok OP I can't whistle

just put your lips together... and blow

:gary:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

blight rhino posted:

That's some medical words, right there. I don't get it, but I feel for you. How do you dirnk in ways it doesn't build up? .. Like slowly? Because, I'm not sure that's an option for me.

the struggle is real.

in high school, I didn't know I wasn't a mutant, and I just kind of accepted that ice cream is a delicious treat that just makes your tummy hurt as a consequence. my solution back then was to kind of lay on my belly, then scrunch up like an inchworm with my butt in the air. My reasoning was that the hot fart gas "rises" and would escape easier from the anal chimney that way.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I vote to have that goon-made smilie page be the link for the smilie link up top. Anyone have that link? That's like searchable and stuff?

also, photic sneezers, does a few drinks make you sneeze? i may have alcohol induced sneezes, too.

i'm dying, please help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

in high school, I didn't know I wasn't a mutant, and I just kind of accepted that ice cream is a delicious treat that just makes your tummy hurt as a consequence. my solution back then was to kind of lay on my belly, then scrunch up like an inchworm with my butt in the air. My reasoning was that the hot fart gas "rises" and would escape easier from the anal chimney that way.

Good god, you should write a paper thing that scientists write. that makes so much sense. the inchworm is a method I will try. But I can fart pretty easily, but it sounds fun.