Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

AN UPDATE:

quote:

So, as you may have noticed from the announcement, Lowtax has agreed to hand over SA to Jeffery of YOSPOS. While this is excellent news, we're going to wait until the ink is dry and the transfer complete before popping the champagne cork. While we did have other contingincy plans being made, this was the most reasonable of the options that we could have hoped for and planned for.

We will be figuring out a bunch of stuff in the coming days, but in the meantime I want to especially thank Toplitzin, Cat Interceptor, Meltie, Motronic, Fermented Tinal and any other AI goons that assisted in getting people on slack, gave me advice, offers of help and assistance with a number of other things. You are all amazing and I'm happy our home will remain here.

As I'm guessing most of you are aware, credible allegations have been made against lowtax of him beating women. Plural.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

I feel I can take a pretty firm stand in saying that this behavior is not tolerable and demands action. The mod and admin team is united in their disgust at his actions and are working to resolve this in a manner that best preserves the community that has been built and evolved over the last 20 years. While we are not sure what that is going to look like at the moment, I will be doing my best to keep you informed of developments as they happen.

I agreed to mod AI because I genuinely love this community and its posters. Ya'll have made me laugh and gave me a place to escape to on some really lovely days. I intend to do my best to make sure AI endures as part of the greater SA community which is without a doubt linked to what has helped make it such a special place.

As such, we've opened the AI slack up as a safety net to organize people to whatever alternative is decided on in case this thing crashes down like it was supported by harbor freight jack stands. Yes, we have a slack instead of a discord. It already existed and had a decent portion of active users in it, thus it got used. Post in this thread asking for an invite and one of the slack admins will get to it as soon as possible.

Thank you all for being amazing and DO A FUCKIN BURNOUT ALREADY.

PS: DON'T BEAT YOUR loving SIGNIFICANT OTHER. DON'T BEAT PEOPLE IN GENERAL. JESUS poo poo DICKING CHRIST HOW IS THIS A DIFFICULT CONCEPT.

EDIT: Also, there are a bunch of people wanting to throw money at problems and help fix things. One of the best ways is by throwing money at RAINN or your local women's shelter. They do good work and deserve your support

EDIT 2: Also, I feel I should mention the modmin team has regularly been in contact with logan and she is safe.

EDIT 2 Part 2: Many of you have project threads on this forum and would like to save them. This should help.

quote:

Fumblemouse wrote on Jun 25, 2020 11:59:
Sebmojo asked me to post this:

A while ago, some goon wrote a thread scraper for SA.

I forked the code and fixed the error messages, then did it again when chrome started hating on http connections or something. It's now the single thing I have available on github, because it would be rude not to let the orginal author know that somebody still loves his dead gay code:

https://github.com/Fumblemouse/SA-Archiving-Tool

To use:

Hit the big green Clone button and download it as a zip file.

Extract the zip file somewhere on your local hard drive.

In Chrome, go Settings -> More Tools -> Extensions and flick the Developer Mode switch on the top right.

There should now be an option to Load Unpacked on the left. Ignoring the untold comedy potential for that phrase, click the option and find the folder you extracted the zip to - by default, SA-Archiving-Tool-master. Select that folder and click the Open button.

All going well you should now have a hard-to-see SA icon on the chrome extension bar. If you visit a SA thread with a thread ID, eg https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3903748 the icon should now be clickable with a single option...Archive.

Click that link, and your local PC will think for a while, depending on your local tubespeed, then display a single page with the entire thread on it. CTRL+S or Rightclick Save As and save it whereever you want. WebPage, Complete will save images also.

Because nothing in life is easy, the saved page's HTML CSS tags refers to something set up by the chrome extension, so it will look a bit crappy in another browser or if you remove the extension. This can be fixed by changing the CSS reference in the Saved As HTML file to the files in the /archive folder from the extracted zipfile - or you could copy the /archive css files into the HTML file's folder and just have the tags as direct links to files (no folder references)

Go crazy!

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:frogsiren: CORRECTION, POST REQUESTS FOR SLACK INVITES HERE :frogsiren:

Keep discussion to the chat thread or somewhere else. I want this thread kept to invites only so we can make sure as many AI posters as possible get an invite. If you do not have PMs, leave an email and I will edit it out as people are invited.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Sent

Thanks AI for being awesome.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 25, 2020

Real Gaiman
Apr 24, 2008
I would like a slack invite please and thank you.

👍

Real Gaiman fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 25, 2020

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
Sent

Please and thank you

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 25, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

sticksy posted:

~

Thanks AI for being awesome.

Sent!

Mephistopheles posted:

~

Please and thank you

Sent!

Real Gaiman posted:

I would like a slack invite please and thank you.

~

Sent!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 25, 2020

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I would like a slack invite please, thank you.

I need somewhere to feel better about how my own projects are going.

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
Slack me please.

~

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

SpeedFreek posted:

done

SpeedFreek posted:

done

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
DIY and SH/SC (I think) has a discord going. Is there one for AI too?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Just the slack, the discord shut down due to inactivity.

Delta-P
Jan 1, 2020

Everyone here has given me way too much inspiration, information, and laughter even though I never posted for years. I'd like to actually contribute for once, can I get an invite as well? ~

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud
Can I get a slack invite please?

Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
Can i get a slack invite please?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Plz give

~

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 25, 2020

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Slack me in so I can keep posting about my shitbox Japanese camper renovation progress :[

~

Thanks!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Got everyone since my last post.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slack invite please.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
e: Thanks!

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 25, 2020

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

I have been an IRC holdout for years, but I guess I'd better get on the Slack bandwagon. ~

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Slack too please. Just to cover bases.
E: got it. Tks and loves.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 25, 2020

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
done x4

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Slack invite please! ~

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 25, 2020

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Invite Please

e:
Got it, Thanks!

blindjoe fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 25, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blugu64 posted:

Slack invite please! ~

PM sent

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 25, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blindjoe posted:

Invite Please

PM'ed

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
X for slack invite

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
done

z16bitsega
Nov 26, 2005
I've only ever posted here a few times but love reading all the discussions, can I get a slack invite? ~ thank you!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 25, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d like a slack invite please

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Hoping for a Slack invite (why not Discord? :()

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

PM'ed links for ya

z16bitsega posted:

I've only ever posted here a few times but love reading all the discussions, can I get a slack invite? patslat at outlook.com thank you!

I'll get Tinal to hit you up, emails being a bit of bitch ATM for me

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Invite me please! Losing this community would suck.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I am here for the slacking

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Invite plz: ~

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 25, 2020

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Invite plz: ~

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Slack me, baby!~

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
An invite would be great!

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

I’d like an invite please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

I've not posted for years, but would really miss lurking project threads - a slack invite would be great, thanks!