Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
can someone figure out how to archive the SAclopedia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
i had that too, I typed: pip3 install requests
on the commandline and it installed the required library

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Ynglaur posted:

Thanks. I updated my post with my next error. If others would prefer I take this to a PM that's fine.

Did you put your username and password in the config file?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
The python thing is pretty good, but it seems to choke on images that are attached to the forum.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Hm, it shouldn't. I'll poke at it and see what's going on.

if it helps this is the error i get:
code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\SAScraper\main.py", line 146, in <module>
    main(args)
  File "C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\SAScraper\main.py", line 121, in main
    img = s.get(src, stream=True)
  File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 543, in get
    return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 516, in reques
t
    prep = self.prepare_request(req)
  File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 449, in prepar
e_request
    p.prepare(
  File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\requests\models.py", line 314, in prepare
    self.prepare_url(url, params)
  File "C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\requests\models.py", line 391, in prepare_
url
    raise InvalidURL("Invalid URL %r: No host supplied" % url)
requests.exceptions.InvalidURL: Invalid URL 'https:attachment.php?postid=395991827': No host supplied