Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

There is a twisted part of me that wants Cody/Hager to main just to see the massive ratings drop for that segment

Same but because I would be cool with going to bed early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I think I want Best Friends to win more than Omega/Page but it's a very tough call.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you don't support THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP then that makes you a very bad, no good dirty scoundrel imo :hai:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think I want Best Friends to win more than Omega/Page but it's a very tough call.

I love Omega and Page but at this point they are probably better utilized as singles guys, the "Page breaking off from the Elite" storyline is largely resolved, Best Friends have been workhorses for the company in recent months, and Trent and Chuck have apparently never held tag belts together. I am ready in this horrible year 2020 to see Chuck Taylor win a major championship on network cable television.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

Same but because I would be cool with going to bed early.

the logical part of me doesn't want it to main because I need to keep watching for prediction game purposes and I'm gonna really want to tune out if it's the main :smith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Best Friends should win because the Kenny/Page story is kind of boring when its just "they get along and are good at fighting". But the best friends are really good when their story is "get along and are good at fighting".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I am ready in this horrible year 2020 to see Chuck Taylor win a major championship on network cable television.

Got to give the people what they want.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rarity posted:

If you don't support THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP then that makes you a very bad, no good dirty scoundrel imo :hai:

I want Best Friends to win but I'm also a realist with my prediction game. I'll gladly lose points for Dustin to get the belt.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

CobiWann posted:

Got to give the people what they want.

He's finally gonna get to say poo poo on tv after they win?!?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope best friends win and oc wins, and the winner of the earlier match comes out at the end of the latter match and claps for the winner. then they all embrace in a sweaty hug. just like that hgh guy and his very bad friend.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope when Kenny & Page eventually lose the titles they're still good friends and second each other in their singles competitions (until oh nooo they're forced to fight each other for a title shot :ohdear:)

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

He's finally gonna get to say poo poo on tv after they win?!?

"HOLY poo poo, WE WON" would be pretty good

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Best Friends should win because the Kenny/Page story is kind of boring when its just "they get along and are good at fighting". But the best friends are really good when their story is "get along and are good at fighting".

100% agreed.

Context matters, even in wrestling

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Best Friends need to win and then feud with Santana & Ortiz or Lucha Bros over the titles.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Best Friends do have unfinished business with the death triangle (on my phone so I have negative confidence in my Spanish.)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
No prediction thread?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Memnaelar posted:

No prediction thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929873

i feel like as soon as Kenny got that 7 star tag match he was kinda ready to move on to his next project

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sure Orange Cassidy's valets are great and all but any plan that involves AEW Protagonist Adam "Handswash" Page losing is not one that has my support.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm sure Orange Cassidy's valets are great and all but any plan that involves AEW Protagonist Adam "Handswash" Page losing is not one that has my support.

He needs to lose -because- he's the main character. He needs to face adversity, not sit at the top of the mountain. It's the same reason Ash kills all of his pokemon at the end of one season so that he starts from scratch in the new pokemon league.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Its probably so they can do Hangman vs Omega with Hangman going over

So it should

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

He needs to lose -because- he's the main character. He needs to face adversity, not sit at the top of the mountain. It's the same reason Ash kills all of his pokemon at the end of one season so that he starts from scratch in the new pokemon league.

I know nothing about Pokemon but that sounds monstrous.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Give Page the TNT Title.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I know nothing about Pokemon but that sounds monstrous.

Thankfully Hangman is a pacifist.

edit: Only against pokemon. He'll obviously hurt a man bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pocket monstrous

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah you're probably right, Page does need to lose. Just make the weeb take the pin then lose to Hangman then Cody can lose to Hangman and become the heel we are currently required to pretend he isn't, and so forth.

In completely unrelated news, my favorite part of Dark this week was Tazz referring to Cutler's d20 as "some kind of magic ball"

E: "mystic ball", excuse me

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Taz calling everything a gimmick and than being wrong about what the thing even is kills me. I love Brandon's mystic ball gimmick.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/RealJakeHager/status/1278377918582972416

I have this on mute but I'm imagining Hager just got done spending 3 hours yelling about trans people in a random FB comment section.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chromatic posted:

I have this on mute but I'm imagining Hager just got done spending 3 hours yelling about trans people in a random FB comment section.
Nah, its just a bad generic promo because its always important to remember that Hager is not just a bigot, he's also a completely mediocre and uncompelling talent.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it really just is moxley, fyter fest, I'm gonna win, it'll be hard because mox is good, i'm better, haha my wife splashed water I'm evil

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it really just is moxley, fyter fest, I'm gonna win, it'll be hard because mox is good, i'm better, haha my wife splashed water I'm evil

The funny part is it was SUCH a generic and bad promo you forgot who his opponent was.

I don't blame you. It could have been delivered to literally anyone.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ahahahaha yep. This thing has had so little build and I care so little about Hager I honestly keep forgetting that he 's even fought Moxley and I keep thinking this is build to that match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Memnaelar posted:

No prediction thread?

If only there was someone who posted it multiple times to remind people about it :shrug:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

IcePhoenix posted:

If only there was someone who posted it multiple times to remind people about it :shrug:

Next prediction thread there so be predication about whether or not people are going to ask if there's a prediction thread.

That pic of Nick, looking like he's peeking around the corner

https://twitter.com/WrestleFigNews/status/1278390038099869710?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 1, 2020

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

IcePhoenix posted:

There is a twisted part of me that wants Cody/Hager to main just to see the massive ratings drop for that segment

It would be nice to be able to watch Io/Sasha live instead of having to record NXT just for that, so here's hoping

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

That pic of Nick, looking like he's peeking around the corner

That picture of Ibushi with Tanahashi peeking out of the backdrop, except it's Nick Jackson.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

smarxist posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929873

i feel like as soon as Kenny got that 7 star tag match he was kinda ready to move on to his next project

Thanks! And I feel like you're right about Kenny and Page both being ready to move on, but I don't think they've really signaled (beyond JR correctly pointing out it can't all be great just yet) that the team is ready to break up. I went the other way, but would be happy with either result.

I'd love to see Penta and Fenix go over and for "Butch" and the Blade to finally do something other than job, but unless they're ready to kickstart the Bucks/FTR heat with some squabble heat over blowing their match together, I don't see that happening. :(

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

IcePhoenix posted:

Listen, I didn't see it on page 1 of Fight Island (I probably overlooked it) and let's just say that Covid doesn't make it any easier to keep up on every post in my SA threads. I'm thrilled it's there; thanks for putting it together.

edit: I just mean the entire Covid situation, btw. I don't have it and don't mean, even in the slightest way, to imply I do. I'm just a goon who missed several posts during Not Fun Times apparently.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

saffi faildotter posted:

"HOLY poo poo, WE WON" would be pretty good

Is that running Twitter joke well known among fans or just this thread? I feel like if it's something even a decent amount of the fans know, it would be good to save it for crowds, but OTOH Dustin is a good boy that deserves to be allowed to say the S Word on TV.

I'm torn on who I want to win. I don't want Hangman and Kenny to stop teaming up until Ibushi gets here (if he ever does) because they work so well together, but I would also like to see them do singles stuff. Kenny or Pac seem like the prime choices to take the world title, Hangman would be a good option to take the TNT title and turn Cody heel because he feels betrayed by the Elite even though Hangman isn't part of the Elite anymore. I don't know if they've built up the Best Friends as a title-level threat, though. Yeah, they've been winning, but they always seem like goofy guys that put out decent to good matches, I don't feel like they've given them enough camera time on Dynamite to establish their characters. They've kind of been playing second fiddle to OC up to this point, and I don't know if a title change should be the first thing to change that.

OTOH if they're going to give the Best Friends the title they'll probably make sure to do an absolutely amazing 30-40 minute long match to try to top their match at Revolution, which could build credibility.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the story of the match is that hangman is whooping their rear end pretty bad but they're doing ok against kenny. late into the match dustin is on the top rope with hangman on the outside laying on two tables. he knows that the way this match has been going they have kenny's number and has to decide to sacrifice himself in order to remove hangman from the match. he jumps and hollers poo poo all the way down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

My ideal scenario is Best Friends win and hold the titles until PAC is back. Then they drop the belts to Lucha Bros. and PAC beats Mox to have Death Triangle all with titles as the top heels for a bit.