Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm sure Mox/Cage will be an excellent match, but I also think both nights are solid as gently caress even if they aren't on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SonnyKissXO/status/1276206991250206721?s=19

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Travel ban for athletes is over, fly PAC in to fight cage (assuming he's negative).

Also if Penta is back shouldn't we be seeing TH2 anytime now?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So er, are they going with Sonny and Joey as a legit couple? Cause I could kinda dig that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wish Janella hadn't done that poo poo with the CZW lady the other day because I really want to give him a shot with this Sonny team. Its fun. But he's got stink for me now.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

So er, are they going with Sonny and Joey as a legit couple? Cause I could kinda dig that.

I never got that as a takeaway. I thought bad romance (“bad boy” + “kiss”) was what they were calling the team.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dacap posted:

I never got that as a takeaway.

Me neither.

Their promo video this week was so so so good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I got nothing romantic off it. Just a mismatched buddy cop vibe complete with the Miami Vice/retro imagery.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How would you all explain Joey Janela's gimmick to someone that doesn't really know wrestling? The best way I can think of it is a Bon Jovi album come to life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How would you all explain Joey Janela's gimmick to someone that doesn't really know wrestling? The best way I can think of it is a Bon Jovi album come to life.

Jersey Shore Native, as opposed to Bennies from Long Island most people associate with the Jersey Shore

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

blunt posted:

Travel ban for athletes is over, fly PAC in to fight cage (assuming he's negative).

Also if Penta is back shouldn't we be seeing TH2 anytime now?

PAC would basically have to stay here indefinitely, as he's be subject to a 14 day quarantine any time he returns home. I can understand him not wanting.

TH2 might just not want to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1276245681565347840

Wow.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1276246003662778369?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

New Jersey.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
turns out giving half your roster COVID-19 is a draw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1276243211883864070

Prichard is big ratings, confirmed.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jesus

My rough take based on absolutely nothing on this are that either the Mox news depressed the hell out of ratings or AEW viewers were more plugged in and :yikes:'d out over the #SpeakingOut matters.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I honestly can't even figure out what on Earth made this week's NXT such a draw.

That said, if I'm looking at AEW - no Omega/Page, no Bucks, Cody in a talking segment, no Mox...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of AEW fans just decided they didn't feel like watching wrestling yesterday.

I don't have much else in the way of explanation, 'cause last week's episode and this week's were both pretty darn good.

blast0rama posted:

I honestly can't even figure out what on Earth made this week's NXT such a draw.

NXT actually went down in 18-49 and only went up about 40k people. THe story is that AEW took a STEEP dive this week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This week's NXT looked particularly poo poo as well

e: Yeah, all the SpeakingOut stuff is probs what did it

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MJeff posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of AEW fans just decided they didn't feel like watching wrestling yesterday.

You know what, that makes sense - there were certainly moments yesterday where I wasn't sure if I was going to tune in.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

blast0rama posted:

You know what, that makes sense - there were certainly moments yesterday where I wasn't sure if I was going to tune in.

I started not to myself and almost peaced out when I saw Justin Roberts there.

I still enjoyed the show but the fact is they almost lost me at the very start.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Orange Flop-sidy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Again, trying to figure out where 100K random people across the country go on a given Wednesday night is a fools errand. Maybe they were all depressed from the SpeakingOut. Maybe AEW fans are more affected by than NXT fans. Maybe they were watching some random thing trending. Maybe its dumb luck and they went in 100 different directions.

If a trend develops you gotta ask why, but right now the simple answer would be "wrestling is depressing for a lot of reasons right now and WWE fans have hardened themselves off to that long ago".

Oh Snapple! posted:

I started not to myself and almost peaced out when I saw Justin Roberts there.

Yeah, I nearly bailed a few times and the FTR match sucked me in and LAX kept me around when I was ready to change the channel

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know how to contact someone with fan relations at AEW aside from what's on their home page?

It'd be good to write something about how there are still things that need to be addressed, Darby/Roberts/Hager to start with

I'd hate for them to think "oh we're done with this" because they're going to find out that's not true in a really big way

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I don't think Neilsen ratings are that effective anymore (lol back in the day when people had to write down what they were watching, with who, etc and mail it in). I think a lot of people have cut the cable and use things like IPTV/Streamzz, etc. while old people, like WWE's bread and butter wouldn't bother changing viewing methods.

Like outta all my friends, parents, coworkers - I'd say 75% would be "off-grid viewers".

(except me, i definitely pay Vince McMahon money)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This isn't a crazy jump for NXT, is it? Haven't they both been around 700-750k the past few weeks?

I guess this week didn't have a lot of big stuff promoted the same way the previous couple of weeks have. There wasn't really a big main event or title match or anything, and I wouldn't doubt that the Speaking Out stuff had an impact. I wasn't sure if I was going to watch it myself with everything going on.

I'd expect it to pick back up with the Fyter Fest shows. On paper, if you look at a rundown of this show versus the past few weeks it really does look like a nothing show on paper – a lumberjack match, some tag matches, a main event talking segment. I really enjoyed the show, but there was really nothing pulling people in to stay for the whole show IMO.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The Dynamite thread last night was certainly moving slower than normal, but given what's been going on both here and with speakingout who knows :iiam:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A 3 week trend is a good place to start on bothering to try and figure out what 'happened'

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

someone in the game day thread said “Blood Orange” and, well...

enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDgThl2GkE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
I know I just didn't have the stomach for it yesterday

I also have a backlog of games to play, and dang it I had the opportunity

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it’s likely been answered and I simply missed it, but are streaming numbers etc included or are the live ratings all that matter?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

the escape goat posted:

it’s likely been answered and I simply missed it, but are streaming numbers etc included or are the live ratings all that matter?

Nielsen numbers only.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Yeah I’d put money down that this drop is from AEW fans disgusted with wrestling in general after the speaking out stuff, while the same NXT people are just gonna keep watching NXT.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Yeah I’d put money down that this drop is from AEW fans disgusted with wrestling in general after the speaking out stuff, while the same NXT people are just gonna keep watching NXT.

NXT did 40,000 more viewers than they did last week. AEW did 140,000 less than last week. So yeah, it certainly looks like a big chunk of AEW viewers just noped out of wrestling.

I'd imagine (with nothing to back this speculation up at all) that the crossover between indie fans and AEW fans is much bigger than the crossover between indie fans and WWE/NXT fans.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I almost didn't watch this week's episode because of speakingout, yeah. And hell, that first hour wsa mostly great but I wasn't fully feeling it until the end of the first hour (in a big part because of justin). And I'm guessing we're also getting another bump of cable news because the AEW demo is probably mostly folks actually aware of the COVID situation and we're climbing that second wave, like in the middle of Dynamite there was a last minute call to not open gyms in michigan tomorrow, poo poo's tense.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

"don't have resources" I say to the guy worth billions

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hirez posted:

"don't have resources" I say to the guy worth billions

I think Shad is the one with billions and he's not gonna bail out his son's wrestling company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

still family money, and it's not like it would kill it from going on a hiatus