Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I hope they tape all of Fyter Fest before they send folks home so they can hole up for 3 weeks, they can figure something out for Mox/Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Like I said earlier, I hope they’re taping all of Fyter Fest now and then hole up for three weeks. They can figure out a Mox-Cage solution once it becomes clear what Mox and Renee’s deal looks like closer to air.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s wild to consider that WWE are essentially producing 3 & 1/2 Dynamites worth of content a week right now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Good God, that’s too much wrestling content to consume.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Big Biceps Tony straight up said that Statlander was supposed to challenge for the title at Fyter Fest on AEW Unrestricted, but he’s glad that Penelope’s been able to get to the point she’s at in order to be slotted in as a credible challenger for the title, which is an assessment I agree with. She’s obviously not going to win, but it’s not wildly outlandish booking, especially given the state of the women’s division heath-wise.

He also hyped up Nyla being “in action” on night 2 (guessing squashing Anna Jay and advancing her Dark Order story) and that she’ll have a “big announcement” so hopefully that ends up being something cool for the division (give Nyla a stable to lead). I don’t think I realized before this moment how badly I want Nyla to have a couple goons/toadies/minions.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 26, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

I also think the average AEW fan doesn't know poo poo about Impact let alone "casual fans". I dunno.

I think this is why I’m skeptical that the viewership drop can be significantly attributed to #SpeakingOut. Only the Sammy thing seemed to make it beyond twitter to the point that AEW had to put out a statement. The number of people who are aware of the Hager/Roberts/Darby stuff is probably incredibly small outside of the very online spaces. Even here people are asking for more details about those three when it comes up.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/rachaelellering/status/1276546808735576077?s=21

Was Ellering any good before NXT exploded her knee? Her “Queen of Strong Smile” merch leads me to believe she worked a similar gimmick to Face Bayley/Kylie Rae?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

They’re definitely going to run Blood & Guts once they have fans again, but it definitely won’t be IC vs. The Elite and I can’t even imagine what their stories and roster will look like to guess what it’ll be, but let’s say Jurassic Express/Cody vs MJF, Wardlow & FTR.

Sammy will probably be back after All Out, his absence will not be acknowledged on TV, and he’ll work essentially the same gimmick with all the Hit Me Up stuff excised.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 28, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I appreciate the COVID Crew putting in the extra hustle promoting Dark to try and work themselves into a contract. What a weirdly pleasant side effect of the pandemic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Just realized this is also one big riff on old Mr. Perfect vignettes, which makes it even better.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Best Friends need to win and then feud with Santana & Ortiz or Lucha Bros over the titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Give Page the TNT Title.