Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jim Ross said Matt Hardy is a no question Hall of Famer and now my world is spinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

I think the Hardy Boyz alone with have a case (in whatever hypothetical Hall we're talking) but the stuff Matt's done the last few years has basically changed the business. Lucha Underground came first but it seems impossible to argue that Matt didn't popularize the entire cinematic, fantasy thing that Impact adopted, AEW has incorporated, and now WWE is using. Not a lot of guys have had that kind of impact on the business.

I know but like... my bar is Edge, always has been as posted in many many HoF threads (lol Big Daddy) and the idea of Matt Hardy going in before Edge has an argument but it conflicts with everything I grew up with when they were both young.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

To be honest the whole full career thing is kind of a late stage save. He did some fun stuff with V1 and Big Money Matt but like he also had a LOT of cringey, bad stuff. There was a lot of time where Matt was either the boring other brother, "Fatt Hardy", or the really unstable looking period he went through. Five years ago he was running Omega and a "loltna" punchline. He really turned things around with Broken Matt and it salvaged his legacy and kind of erased that bad stuff and showcased the potentially forgotten good.

And the crazy thing is going back to WWE could have potentially squandered it since they did nothing with him and stifled that revolutionary hot stuff. Getting out and into AEW shot him back to the top of the business and probably is going to be his end legacy with the way he's focused on working with young guys.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
it is fun watching AEW have a new nominee for best on interviews every few months from someone long considered after their prime and useless

few months ago it was Jake the Snake, now we're up to Taz

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
PS2 had Shadow of the Colossus so it won.