Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Though sort of in tandem of the great Goongle+ wave of 2011, I met my wife and ride-or-die life partner jennyinstereo in 2012. We posted in lovedump (which frankly should come back, we need to now more than ever).

We made awful Xmas music together, and soon after, got married and now have two wonderful boys.

These people that I love so much wouldn't be in my life (and my sons literally wouldn't exist) without SA.

:love: you all. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't think it's 'saved my life', specifically, but SA is like what keeps me tethered online. I truly don't feel like I belong anywhere else online, and I have no idea what my online life would be like without this place.

I mean, you could say I'd be online less, but no. It's 2021. We're all on the internet all the time, and I'm glad I have this place.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

codswallop posted:

I'm no longer 'childfree' - other people's kids are incredibly neat - but I love my lazy freedom. Every weekend that I wake up at 11 to texts from my friends who've been up since 5 with their toddlers I bless Goons for not thinking everyone's feelings are valid.

The first part doesn't match up with the second. If you weren't child free, wouldn't that mean you had kids?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

I feel great

(Thank you for the av)

I jUsT ShAtTeRed mY HAND!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"childfree" is a philosophical standpoint of "hah, kids are awful, i will never have them"

codswallop posted:

Yep. “Childless” “Childfree” and “I don’t have kids” are three very different emotions about the same situation

Gotcha, I see what you meant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Plastik posted:

It's not a real commercial, it's a student project. Kellogg's would never make something that good.

Highest quality version that exists: https://www.justinreardon.com/nutrigrain-feel-great

Ok, this I didn't know. I mean, sure, it's out there, but I thought it was from the age of companies going "let's try this viral thing" and thought outside the box.

That's disappointing.

Also it always struck me as weird that ab-punching dude is walking with a sort of limp afterwards.

Rupert Buttermilk has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What is Something Awful Survivor?

Is it that thing where the OP enters a bunch of goons into a program, and it simulates days going by and randomly kills us off?