Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I joined this site when I was 18. I'm almost 27 now. Thanks to SA I learned about adult life. Also when the whole Gamergate thing went down SomethingAwful spoke out against it (kinda) and kept me from being a shithead. I'd be gutted if had to lose this site. It means so much to me. It was a safe space for me to learn and grow during my post secondary years with cool people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Goons also helped me out when I was a low point mental health wise and encouraged me to get better. I was a suicidal mess due to dysphoria over my cerebral palsy. Now I'm mostly better. (But i'm loving on double quarantine due to being vulnerable which isn't helping.)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

No. We want Lowtax to go away and for this place to live.

That's the truth and it's the way the mods and admins feel.

Me too thanks.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
It sounds weird to say, but the way the older members taught us younger posters about life is kinda like an older sibling relationship. Can you tell I'm an only child?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

My son had to come out via an episiotomy, which in layman's terms means 'we are going to cut your vagina and sew it back up'. For a week after he was born I was pretty much bedridden due to the pain of moving/sitting. I read the entirety of the r/relationships thread in GBS while lying in bed with Ralph Jr sleeping next to me and it really helped take my mind off having had my downstairs patched up.

I guess Ralph Jr was really crammed in.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

HAmbONE posted:

Avalloc saved my life. I don’t know if he posts on forums proper but I met him through Goonfleet Logistics. I was not doing well in the 2000’s, severely alcoholic and burning through multiple runs of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. During one of alcohol fueled breakdowns online, Avalloc reached out to me and gave me his personal phone number. I called him and he proceeded to talk me out of my spiral.

Avalloc is confined to a wheelchair, I believe he suffered from Multiple Sclerosis (or something similar). My problems of my own making are nothing compared to the struggles forced on him. And yet he still took the risk and reached out to me.

Thank you Avalloc. 13 years sober

He is probably still alive depending on the type of MS. (Not a doctor.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I've been posting here for 10 great years!*

*years may have actually not been great