Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

My post will be pretty mundane comparatively (like holy poo poo I'm super happy for everyone in this thread), but even the mundane makes a difference.

Coming out of the late 90s/early 2000s Steakandcheese/Newgrounds/Ogrish-era, I was a regular on the ever-edgy SA-sister site FuckSociety.ca/TheFriendSociety.com, which on it's best day was basically a small-time SA-lite centered around Newgrounds flash-toon creator Dave Teatro (the Bananaphone guy). There was a migration after a few years, and I first joined SA in 2003 at 20 and i can say without any sense of irony (but a lot of shame) that SA is so important to me because the soul of the site has more or less mirrored my social views, political stances and humor for the entirety of my adult life.

As the site has grown, so have I. It's uncanny how I went from an edgy shitlord to what approximates a functional adult, but more than anything, SA gave me empathy by presenting so many different views and stories.

I 100% without a doubt believe I too would be some sort of giant rear end in a top hat has I not posted here/left during one of the many purges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU