Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
SA got me through my initial realisation I had some pretty crippling depression that I had been shying away from facing and finally started seeking treatment. People were often an open book about their lives and personal struggles in the oddest of threads that it was the first step in being able to talk about it openly in my real life.

More than that though, is seeing the evolution of the forums and what it's done for others. I'm a white, hetero, cis male, I've never really needed to struggle for anything in my life, and if I did, there was always an official support network in place for me. But I saw in more and more posts over time the discussions of others from gender, sexual and racial minorities come out with their stories and feelings and pushed me to support, advocate and educate myself for others, particularly in fields and life experiences I'd never otherwise have encountered.

SA can be good people, and it's good to see it helping others when they need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU